ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 240
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:07 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Even Belicheck screws up clock management sometimes.
More than just sometimes.

His game management was absolutely horrible in the AFCCG last year.

He cost them them a Super Bowl appearance.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:08 PM 12-10-2016
Even Belicheck screws up clock management sometimes.
That doesn't mean that Andy isn't worse at it. Even brady throws ints. That isn't an excuse for Blaine gabberts ints. I'm not likening Blaine to Andy but the point is that just because the best even makes mistakes doesn't mean others can't be held accountable for their poor efforts, or in this case, raise legitimate concerns.

And the times bb has it has cost him. Overall his game and clock management has helped him. Just last year in the ne game kc hurt itself with game and clock management while ne didn't.

Just because every coach has made poor decisions doesn't mean Andy isn't especially bad at it. Even more so considering his experience. More than anything his inability to even realize after the fact that it was wrong is concerning.

The good news on the game management front is that he has made some good calls in big spots.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:09 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
That doesn't mean that Andy isn't worse at it. Even brady throws ints. That isn't an excuse for Blaine gabberts ints. I'm not likening Blaine to Andy but the point is that just because the best even makes mistakes doesn't mean others can't be held accountable for their poor efforts, or in this case, raise legitimate concerns.

And the times bb has it has cost him. Overall his game and clock management has helped him. Just last year in the ne game kc hurt itself with game and clock management while ne didn't.

Just because every coach has made poor decisions doesn't mean Andy isn't especially bad at it. Even more so considering his experience. More than anything his inability to even realize after the fact that it was wrong is concerning.

The good news on the game management front is that he has made some good calls in big spots.
Short answer, they all fuck up.

I'm certain that Tom Brady would cover Andy's mistakes, too.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:13 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Short answer, they all **** up.

I'm certain that Tom Brady would cover Andy's mistakes, too.
Sure, but we don't have him which leaves the issue a factor. And Brady or not, Bill has made numerous great clock decisions over the years. I'm not ok with everyone screws up. That's not an attitude to correct mistakes. For his experience, his in game management and clock use should be better. Just because everyone makes mistakes doesn't mean they are all level. Reid has cost himself many times and it's something to keep an eye on and be concerned about.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:19 PM 12-10-2016
Sure, but we don't have him which leaves the issue a factor. And Brady or not, Bill has made numerous great clock decisions over the years. I'm not ok with everyone screws up. That's not an attitude to correct mistakes. For his experience, his in game management and clock use should be better. Just because everyone makes mistakes doesn't mean they are all level. Reid has cost himself many times and it's something to keep an eye on and be concerned about.
Eh, no one is perfect, especially under pressure.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:24 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Even better OC and QB guru...
Reid is a far,far better Head Coach than he is an OC and QB Coach.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:45 PM 12-10-2016
It's not that I don't think "a win is a win" has some merit on this site and some people aren't enjoying the ride. But in this case, it absolutely is a concern and something that is a real factor in how far we go. There is a ton of history with Reid being bit by these issues. Again, it is possible to enjoy winning and still want to see things improve for the playoff games to come.
You are 1000% correct in all respects.

I recognize that there are issues, I just don't think any of them are that important.

Now if you could ever realize the Chiefs are good or have any positive feelings about them at all... I know it is impossible.
Yeah...they're kind of important. Especially as the regular season winds down.

In any event, I have given your post thoughtful reflection, and respond with the following:

Reid doesn't irritate the hell out of me as he does some others. If Andy Reid could somehow transfigure a mere third of his Head Coach ability in to game day coaching, he would be the greatest coach in the AFC if not the league itself. If he could manage to relinquish his ego and power to a top-tier O-coord, the Chiefs would be the best team in the AFC every season, without exception.

John Dorsey is hands-down the best Chiefs GM in my lifetime, and could possibly be the best in the history of the franchise given enough time. Not since Lamar Hunt, Hank Stram, and Jack Steadman spent due diligence mining small collages for talent and receiving huge dividends for their efforts has such a level of professionalism and effectiveness occupied that office.

That's the good.

Alas, the sad news is that there can never be any joy with Alex Smith football. Ever. Watching Smith run an offense makes me wish to eat my own shit and drink my own piss as a more pleasing alternative; it is truly that horrid.

Watching Alex "all he does is win" Smith win just enough to crush your guts to a jello-like pulp at the end of the year is an activity I absolutely refuse to take part in.
And you can bank that end-result today, tomorrow, and for as long as he wears a Chiefs uniform, for the 11th Commandment of modern NFL Football has been etched in a stone tablet by the finger of God Himself:

"Thou shalt not Dilfer".

Hell, Smith should make the discerning fan WISH for Trent Dilfer; at least in that scenario, there might actually be a slim chance of circumventing the will of the Almighty.

Which is better than none.
[Reply]
threebag 10:56 PM 12-10-2016
Hopefully the winning continues for a few more years. It feels good compared to what we were before Andy and Alex and John.
[Reply]
threebag 10:57 PM 12-10-2016
Maybe the Browns are more your speed Dag
[Reply]
splatbass 11:14 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Maybe the Browns are more your speed Dag
Well, they do draft 1st round QBs a lot.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:15 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Eh, no one is perfect, especially under pressure.
I suspect you are taking me for a ride this evening.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:17 PM 12-10-2016
Hopefully the winning continues for a few more years. It feels good compared to what we were before Andy and Alex and John.
It's definitely miles beyond the last pathetic quarter of Carl's tenure or the Peeholi Experience though I would argue that at least as far as Planet discussion goes, those times of shitty football produced the most epic threads, rants, debates, and wars of butt-hurt in the entire history of the NFL.

Maybe I should blow Tigger's uncle?
:-) FYP.

Dick.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:21 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
You are 1000% correct in all respects.

Yeah...they're kind of important. Especially as the regular season winds down.

In any event, I have given your post thoughtful reflection, and respond with the following:

Reid doesn't irritate the hell out of me as he does some others. If Andy Reid could somehow transfigure a mere third of his Head Coach ability in to game day coaching, he would be the greatest coach in the AFC if not the league itself. If he could manage to relinquish his ego and power to a top-tier O-coord, the Chiefs would be the best team in the AFC every season, without exception.

John Dorsey is hands-down the best Chiefs GM in my lifetime, and could possibly be the best in the history of the franchise given enough time. Not since Lamar Hunt, Hank Stram, and Jack Steadman spent due diligence mining small collages for talent and receiving huge dividends for their efforts has such a level of professionalism and effectiveness occupied that office.

That's the good.

Alas, the sad news is that there can never be any joy with Alex Smith football. Ever. Watching Smith run an offense makes me wish to eat my own shit and drink my own piss as a more pleasing alternative; it is truly that horrid.

Watching Alex "all he does is win" Smith win just enough to crush your guts to a jello-like pulp at the end of the year is an activity I absolutely refuse to take part in.
And you can bank that end-result today, tomorrow, and for as long as he wears a Chiefs uniform, for the 11th Commandment of modern NFL Football has been etched in a stone tablet by the finger of God Himself:

"Thou shalt not Dilfer".

Hell, Smith should make the discerning fan WISH for Trent Dilfer; at least in that scenario, there might actually be a slim chance of circumventing the will of the Almighty.

Lot of work for something your aren't invested in.

You're that little boy who punched the icky girls and pulled their hair at recess to 'get their attention.'
[Reply]
splatbass 11:34 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:

"Thou shalt not Dilfer".

Alex Smith is a LOT better than Trent Dilfer, and it isn't even close. Nor is it even debatable.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:48 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Lot of work for something your aren't invested in.
All apologies, sir! I'll return to one-sentence trollery immediately!

Alex Smith is a LOT better than Trent Dilfer, and it isn't even close. Nor is it even debatable.
Not really the point, but...
:-)
[Reply]
Page 61 of 240
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up