ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3673 of 3903
« First < 2673317335733623366336693670367136723673 3674367536763677368337233773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:18 AM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I tend to agree, and the people in question were all symptomatic, 3 of the 4 pretty seriously the first time.

Just making the point that there are/will be people who use prior infection as an excuse to not vaccinate.
The real question is whether they actually had COVID on the second go round.

Studies show prior infection is as good as vaccination for immunity.

Obviously outliers exist for natural immunity, but we are seeing plenty of those with the vaccines as well.
[Reply]
chinaski 11:52 AM 08-20-2021
Friend of a friend that was fully vaccinated died a few days ago from Covid. Not sure how old, but I think late 40's early 50's. I'm not sure if she had any pre-existing issues, but she was overweight.
[Reply]
TLO 11:56 AM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Friend of a friend that was fully vaccinated died a few days ago from Covid. Not sure how old, but I think late 40's early 50's. I'm not sure if she had any pre-existing issues, but she was overweight.
Sorry to hear that. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:01 PM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by chinaski:
The underlined is a pre-existing issue.

Sorry your friend lost their friend.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:18 PM 08-20-2021

Some background. As @kristenvbrown (rightly!) notes in this piece, many see Andrew Wakefield & colleagues' retracted 1998 Lancet study ("AW98") -- and media attention to it -- as a central force in inspiring modern-day vaccine hesitancy in the US. https://t.co/iZIoHC53TK

— Matt Motta (@matt_motta) August 19, 2021

Andrew Wakefield -- a disgraced anti-vaxxer who helped catalyze the anti-vaccination movement due to discredited work suggesting a link between vaccines and autism -- went on QAnon show "MG Show" over the weekend to attack vaccines. Wakefield also said part of the QAnon slogan. pic.twitter.com/HNTNo1QgdX

— Alex Kaplan (@AlKapDC) July 19, 2021

Can't trust all the world's stop virologists and epidemiologists. But this guy seems legit.
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:57 PM 08-20-2021
Just an FYI - Delays in approving Shot for kids

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...e-myocarditis/

"U.S. review of possible link between Moderna vaccine and uncommon side effect delays adolescent approval

Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine for adolescents has yet to be authorized by federal health officials in part because they are investigating emerging reports that the shots may be associated with a higher risk of a heart condition in younger adults than previously believed, according to two people familiar with the review who emphasized the side effect still probably remains very uncommon.

The investigation, which involves the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is focusing on Canadian data that suggests the Moderna vaccine may carry a higher risk of myocarditis for young people than the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, especially for males below the age of 30 or so. The authorities also are scrutinizing data from the United States to try to determine whether there is evidence of an increased risk from Moderna in the U.S. population for the condition, which causes inflammation of the heart."

Bolded the part before people say the "Vaccine is not Safe" but wanted to share this article because of its importance in understanding risks, especially of younger age groups which are also a a lower risk from Covid issues (than older people)
[Reply]
carlos3652 01:05 PM 08-20-2021
Removed by me as unsure if it was disinformation.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:10 PM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:

This is also interesting....

Although, I think Covid might be causing more Obesity to flair up also... as in people are not taking care of themselves during the epidemic / pandemic.

Im not going to point at the vaccines being the problem, but people being less active.
This is disinformation
[Reply]
carlos3652 01:15 PM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
This is disinformation
Time out.

Ill stop posting this if true.

So you are saying that the data showing more cardiac deaths is wrong? I am not attributing the vaccines to this issue... Im attributing lack of physical activity.
[Reply]
carlos3652 01:30 PM 08-20-2021
https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=48d8ad2c584f

Pfizer Shot Just 39% Effective Against Delta Infection, But Largely Prevents Severe Illness, Israel Study Suggests

I think this is why they are needing shot #3. They want them to be more effective vs the delta variant.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:37 PM 08-20-2021
https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=48d8ad2c584f

Pfizer Shot Just 39% Effective Against Delta Infection, But Largely Prevents Severe Illness, Israel Study Suggests

I think this is why they are needing shot #3. They want them to be more effective vs the delta variant.
This was discussed above . . .
[Reply]
DaFace 01:44 PM 08-20-2021
Time out.

Ill stop posting this if true.

So you are saying that the data showing more cardiac deaths is wrong? I am not attributing the vaccines to this issue... Im attributing lack of physical activity.
No clue if there's something else wrong with that data that I don't know about (haven't looked into it), but people are also stressed the fuck out.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 03:06 PM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
No clue if there's something else wrong with that data that I don't know about (haven't looked into it), but people are also stressed the **** out.
On the radio here they use the line "tensions are high" a lot.
I personally got to work thru the whole lockdown phase but my wife had a few weeks off and just that short time drove her nuts. It has to be messing with people far beyond just the virus. It's certainly sad. Probably a good time to get that psychology certification.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:05 PM 08-20-2021
Let the mandates begin

Originally Posted by :
Full FDA approval of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine is reportedly coming within days.

The New York Times reported Friday that the Food and Drug Administration “is pushing to approve Pfizer-BioNTech’s two-dose Covid-19 vaccine on Monday.”

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:09 PM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Let the mandates begin
Wonder if companies will start doing it
[Reply]
Page 3673 of 3903
« First < 2673317335733623366336693670367136723673 3674367536763677368337233773 > Last »
Up