ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Dave Chapelle's "The Closer": He Fucking Roasts Everyone
AdolfOliverBush 11:30 AM 10-12-2021
Of course comedy is subjective, but I loved it. Chappelle absolutely does not give a rat's ass about backlash for his words. Comedy should be without limits. I think even us maniacs in CPDC who watch it will mostly give it a thumbs up.

Netflix chief Ted Sarandos defends controversial Dave Chappelle special in staff memo: Reports
Jenna Ryu
USA TODAY

Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos is defending his decision to keep comedian Dave Chappelle's controversial special "The Closer" on the streaming service.

In a Friday staff memo obtained by Variety and The Verge, Sarandos pledged Netflix's commitment to the special, despite backlash about the comedian's transphobic comments. "Chappelle is one of the most popular stand-up comedians today, and we have a long standing deal with him," Sarandos wrote in Chappelle's defense.

He continued: "As with our other talent, we work hard to support their creative freedom – even though this means there will always be content on Netflix some people believe is harmful, like 'Cuties,' '365 Days,' '13 Reasons Why,' or 'My Unorthodox Life.' "

Chappelle drew criticism for his comments in the special about the transgender community, including his defense of author J. K. Rowling, who previously conflated sex with gender and defended ideas suggesting that changing one's biological sex was a threat to her own gender identity.

"They canceled J.K. Rowling – my God," Chappelle said. "Effectually she said gender was a fact, the trans community got mad as (expletive), they started calling her a TERF… I'm Team TERF. I agree. I agree, man. Gender is a fact."

TERF is an acronym that stands for "trans exclusionary radical feminists" and describes feminists who are transphobic.

In the memo, Sarandos used Chappelle's previous special "Sticks & Stones" as an example, writing that it was also "controversial" and "our most watched, stickiest, and most award winning stand-up special to date."

USA TODAY has reached out to Netflix for comment.

Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos defended comedian Dave Chappelle's controversial comedy special, "The Closer." Sarandos also said Netflix doesn't believe that "The Closer" promotes hate speech.

"Several of you have also asked where we draw the line on hate. We don’t allow titles on Netflix that are designed to incite hate or violence, and we don’t believe 'The Closer' crosses that line," he said.

"I recognize, however, that distinguishing between commentary and harm is hard, especially with stand-up comedy which exists to push boundaries. Some people find the art of stand-up to be mean-spirited but our members enjoy it, and it’s an important part of our content offering."

"The Closer," the sixth installment in the comedian's Netflix deal, which the "Chappelle's Show" comedian describes as "his last special for a minute," includes tongue-in-cheek jokes about race, the coronavirus pandemic and negotiating "the release of DaBaby" after the rapper's homophobic comments.

Many on social media slammed Chappelle and the streaming platform, including writer Jaclyn Moore, who also serves as showrunner for Netflix's "Dear White People."

In-depth story:How trans 'Harry Potter' fans are grappling with J.K. Rowling's legacy after her transphobic comments

"I've been thrown against walls because, 'I'm not a "real" woman,' " Moore, who is transgender, tweeted. "I've had beer bottles thrown at me. So, @Netflix, I'm done."

Advocacy group GLAAD responded to the memo Monday.

“Netflix has a policy that content ‘designed to incite hate or violence’ is not allowed on the platform, but we all know that anti-LGBTQ content does exactly that," GLAAD said in a statement. "While Netflix is home to groundbreaking LGBTQ stories, now is the time for Netflix execs to listen to LGBTQ employees, industry leaders, and audiences and commit to living up to their own standards.”

Last week, the group tweeted that Chappelle's brand "has become synonymous with ridiculing trans people and other marginalized communities."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ts/6094754001/
[Reply]
sedated 04:45 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Really depended on the guest. Some shows were really outstanding, others really sucked.

I will say that I like Seinfeld much better after watching the show. I felt it allowed his intelligence and humanity to shine. His standup is fine, and the original TV show was fine as well, the better parts weren't Seinfeld himself.
The one thing I learned about Comedians in Cars was that Seinfeld is actually pretty hateful towards other people. Maybe its as he's gotten older, but a lot of his jokes were related to how much other people pissed him off.

(Most comedians are miserable people, but was kind of surprised from someone with his neutral type of humor)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 07:30 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Patrice would also be considered extremely misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic, etc. by today’s standards.

I find it really odd that NJ would connect with him given that so much of his comedy is informed by a worldview that women are lesser than men, homosexuality is no less deviant than pissing on somebody, and I’m sure he would agree with Chapelle that biological sex is a fact and the LGBTQ community and their allies are ****ing insane.

See how that works?
His stand up wasn't homophobic. The comment you referenced was during a radio interview and it missed pretty hard for me. He was obviously a misogynist though and that was pretty clear through his material. But guess what? I grew up in a society where misogyny was extremely common. Of course a lot of that will be internalized in me. I would never deny that and absolutely the material from O'Neal and Burr plays on that which is why their fanbase is 95% men.

Originally Posted by :
You only “find it odd” that I would connect with him because you’re assuming everything about me, including that I’m racist because I would disagree with some of his views on race. You assume I’m some racist white dude that watches Larry the Cable guy, so there’s no way I can relate to Patrice O’Nesl. That’s why I mean when I say you’ve created a strawman in your head of me as a person.
When Chappelle quit his show many years ago he was asked about why and he responded with a very interesting anecdote.

Originally Posted by :
Early in the interview, Letterman broaches the subject of what precisely caused Chappelle to leave his show. They get to talking about how Chappelle was filming a certain sketch, and a crew member laughed at a beat that he thought wasn't really the point of the sketch. While there was racial humor in the sketch in question, the laughter seemed to stem from something not related to the satire. The crew member laughed*at Chappelle rather than*with*him by the sound of it. As Chappelle puts it, "It just raised an interesting question to me, which I was already wrestling with in the first place."*

It sounds like Chappelle was already grappling with a serious dilemma: Did his show satirize racial stereotypes or reinforce them?

He seems to have understood the immense power and respect the show gave him. At one point in the interview, Chappelle mentions that he was "bigger than [he] was comfortable with." Even if his intentions were good, the way it was coming across to audiences, including that one crew member, seemed to be getting lost in translation, and he rightfully wondered how he should proceed with his career. He goes on to qualify*that the*one incident wasn't the only reason he left the show, but it did play a part.*

Letterman asks about the specific sketch in question and what it was about. Chappelle describes it as such: "The sketch wasn't that bad. It's actually funny. It was a pixie. It was me dressed in blackface who'd pop up anytime a person felt the pains of racism, which is a tough trick to pull off. It's not a bad sketch, but hearing the wrong laugh, while you're dressed that way, it makes you feel shame."*

Read More: https://www.looper.com/266269/the-re..._campaign=clip
If you by in large think racism isn't a big deal and you consider yourself a huge Dave Chappelle fan, you're basically the crew member that he is referencing here who is laughing at the wrong thing rather than the point of the sketch which is the satire itself.

Lastly, if you're going to lecture me on strawmanning then definitely don't strawman me in the process. I never said you were a white guy that likes Larry the Cable guy. You have made it clear on many occasions that you're Cuban. I brought up Larry to illustrate that conservatives have very little comedic talent and probably should stop pretending they are in any way the arbiters of comedy.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:43 PM 10-14-2021
Well.... he didn’t attack anti Americans who think troop deaths are no big deal, and actually hopes for them. So no.... he didn’t attack cocksucking pussies like OP. But I would love to attack them in person. They’re just too big of pussys to tell Patriots where they live.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:48 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Why do I give a shit what a conservative thinks about my sense of humor? Who is the best comedian you guys have, Larry the Cable guy? :-)



I don't know. It would give your argument a lot more credibility? You're asserting that Comedy Central is now "woke" because of one decision they made. Maybe that's true, but I'm highly skeptical given that the network as a whole is anything but and features a lot of pretty vulgar / politically incorrect content. It doesn't really make sense that they would be catering to the people you're talking about given that they never have before.


What are you talking about? She clearly looks like she is part black. But it appears that you don't even think that matters as long as the black person does actually resemble an ape in your eyes so there's really no need for you to throw in all of these caveats.



I'm sure you feel that way about everybody who pushes back on your silly false narratives.
Sense of humor?? You are a miserable commie piece of shit. I haven’t EVER seen any semblance of a sense of humor from you. You seem to get offended and then defensive pretty quickly. You have more pussy in your mannerisms than most females. So at least you have that going for you... PUSSY BITCH.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 08:08 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Sense of humor?? You are a miserable commie piece of shit. I haven’t EVER seen any semblance of a sense of humor from you. You seem to get offended and then defensive pretty quickly. You have more pussy in your mannerisms than most females. So at least you have that going for you... PUSSY BITCH.
This guy definitely beats his wife every night when he gets home to his trailer park.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:47 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
This guy definitely beats his wife every night when he gets home to his trailer park.
So close, BJoutstanding citizensucker. I live in Florida not New York’s trash heap., New fucking Jersey. Cvcks who get let their wives get fucked by real men seems to be the biggest google search in NJ. And I gotta believe a dickless pussy like you is the top poster. Don’t worry I don’t wanna fuck your nasty bitch. I don’t do chicks with dicks, deepthroating Dan....

Trailer park??? I own my home, you don’t even own your wife with that baby sized dick....
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:08 AM 10-15-2021
Anyone "offended" by his comedy will be the first to die when shit gets real...

The sea of under-educated, over medicated, politically ignorant common-core casualties will naturally ween themselves from this planet...like a 3 legged deer.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:03 AM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Well.... he didn’t attack anti Americans who think troop deaths are no big deal, and actually hopes for them. So no.... he didn’t attack cocksucking pussies like OP. But I would love to attack them in person. They’re just too big of pussys to tell Patriots where they live.
But did he display phony sympathy for dead troops because of who happened to be president when they were killed, like some unbalanced bitches in CPDC?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
His stand up wasn't homophobic. The comment you referenced was during a radio interview and it missed pretty hard for me. He was obviously a misogynist though and that was pretty clear through his material. But guess what? I grew up in a society where misogyny was extremely common. Of course a lot of that will be internalized in me. I would never deny that and absolutely the material from O'Neal and Burr plays on that which is why their fanbase is 95% men.



When Chappelle quit his show many years ago he was asked about why and he responded with a very interesting anecdote.



If you by in large think racism isn't a big deal and you consider yourself a huge Dave Chappelle fan, you're basically the crew member that he is referencing here who is laughing at the wrong thing rather than the point of the sketch which is the satire itself.

Lastly, if you're going to lecture me on strawmanning then definitely don't strawman me in the process. I never said you were a white guy that likes Larry the Cable guy. You have made it clear on many occasions that you're Cuban. I brought up Larry to illustrate that conservatives have very little comedic talent and probably should stop pretending they are in any way the arbiters of comedy.
What does his standup not being homophobic have to do with anything? Do you only consider a comedian being a comedian if they’re doing stand up? Many of Patrice’s funniest/greatest moments were on Opie & Anthony. It’s also hilarious that you’re pretending it’s the only time he’s ever said anything that would be considered homophobic by today’s standards.

The bottom line is that you don’t have to agree with everything somebody says to enjoy their art.

For instance, I don’t give a fuck what Chapelle would think of me. What the fuck does Chapelle do for me? I’m the one that supports him, not the other way around. I also don’t think that “racism isn’t a big deal”. Real racism is obviously a big deal. I just don’t believe in the “boogeyman” version that’s holding every African American back or the lie that police are hunting black people.

Funny how Chapelle is the arbiter of truth when it comes to racial issues, but obviously not trans issues though. How convenient.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 AM 10-15-2021
Also, I know you weren’t literally calling me a “white guy”. I meant “white” in the way that your kind uses it. You know “whiteness”, hence why you think I’d relate more to Larry the Cable guy than Patrice O’Neal or Dave Chapelle even if you already know I’m Cuban.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 12:22 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What does his standup not being homophobic have to do with anything? Do you only consider a comedian being a comedian if they’re doing stand up? Many of Patrice’s funniest/greatest moments were on Opie & Anthony. It’s also hilarious that you’re pretending it’s the only time he’s ever said anything that would be considered homophobic by today’s standards.
I am judging him by his work as a stand up comic. And the things he has said on radio appearances that would be considered homophobic I didn't think were funny at all. If I did have some homophobic views I would probably find those bits hilarious, and that plays into my point that there needs to be a shared understanding / agreement on the premise for a joke to really work.

Originally Posted by :
The bottom line is that you don’t have to agree with everything somebody says to enjoy their art.
I never said you need to agree with everything they say - that's another strawman. But for somebody like Chappelle who does almost nothing but racial comedy, you are completely missing the point of the jokes if you don't have a fairly liberal / left leaning view on race relations. That doesn't mean you can't still find Chappelle funny because of his incredible delivery but your understanding of what makes his comedy work is on a very superficial level.

Originally Posted by :
For instance, I don’t give a **** what Chapelle would think of me. What the **** does Chapelle do for me? I’m the one that supports him, not the other way around. I also don’t think that “racism isn’t a big deal”. Real racism is obviously a big deal. I just don’t believe in the “boogeyman” version that’s holding every African American back or the lie that police are hunting black people.

Funny how Chapelle is the arbiter of truth when it comes to racial issues, but obviously not trans issues though. How convenient.
You say you're a big fan of Dave Chappelle yet you continuously misspell his name? Curious.

Also, I will keep pointing out the strawman arguments you're making since you have made it a point of emphasis lately. Nowhere did I say Dave Chappelle was the arbiter of truth when it came to racial issues. I said that in order to fully appreciate his material you need to have a similar view on racism in America. Certainly if you are ranking him in your top 3 all time comics it wouldn't make any sense to have an antiquated right leaning perspective on race issues.

Either way, his perspective on race is informed by his life experience growing up black in America. He lives it every day and the material he does clearly resonates with a lot of people. What gives him a unique perspective on trans issues? It's astonishing that I actually have to explain to you why he is seen as having more credibility talking about race than LGBTQ issues.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:44 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I am judging him by his work as a stand up comic. And the things he has said on radio appearances that would be considered homophobic I didn't think were funny at all. If I did have some homophobic views I would probably find those bits hilarious, and that plays into my point that there needs to be a shared understanding / agreement on the premise for a joke to really work.
It’s not Patrice O’Neal’s fault that you’re too big of a pussy to have a laugh when the joke is on your favorite little minority group. Who made you the arbiter of what works and what doesn’t in comedy? Most of Patrice’s fans and peers found his “misogynistic” and “homophobic” jokes hilarious. That’s a shared understanding/agreement regardless of how YOU felt hearing it. You’re such a fucking clown.


Originally Posted by :
I never said you need to agree with everything they say - that's another strawman. But for somebody like Chappelle who does almost nothing but racial comedy, you are completely missing the point of the jokes if you don't have a fairly liberal / left leaning view on race relations. That doesn't mean you can't still find Chappelle funny because of his incredible delivery but your understanding of what makes his comedy work is on a very superficial level.
I never claimed you said that. I said that was my point, because you questioned how I could possibly relate to black comedians if I don’t share all of their views on racial issues. Obviously you only know of the current version of Dave Chappelle, because if you actually watched him before his hiatus you would know that his old comedy wasn’t nearly as political. It was more goofy and free because he was clearly in a different place mentally.



Originally Posted by :
You say you're a big fan of Dave Chappelle yet you continuously misspell his name? Curious.

Also, I will keep pointing out the strawman arguments you're making since you have made it a point of emphasis lately. Nowhere did I say Dave Chappelle was the arbiter of truth when it came to racial issues. I said that in order to fully appreciate his material you need to have a similar view on racism in America. Certainly if you are ranking him in your top 3 all time comics it wouldn't make any sense to have an antiquated right leaning perspective on race issues.

Either way, his perspective on race is informed by his life experience growing up black in America. He lives it every day and the material he does clearly resonates with a lot of people. What gives him a unique perspective on trans issues? It's astonishing that I actually have to explain to you why he is seen as having more credibility talking about race than LGBTQ issues.
So sometimes forgetting that his name has 2 p’s means I’m not a real fan? It’s pretty obvious that you know very little about him outside of his more recent stuff because you seem to think The Chappelle Show along with his old stand up was mostly about racial justice when it couldn’t be further from the truth. Same with Patrice. Get a fucking clue.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:56 PM 10-15-2021
Eddie Murphy doing an impression of a gay Mr. T is homophobic, but hilarious.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 01:05 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not Patrice O’Neal’s fault that you’re too big of a pussy to have a laugh when the joke is on your favorite little minority group is. Who made you the arbiter of what works and what doesn’t in comedy ? You’re such a ****ing clown.
If you don't laugh at somebody's joke that makes you a pussy? Conservatives are so insecure in their masculinity it's actually hilarious.


Originally Posted by :
I never claimed you said that. I said that was my point. Obviously you only know of the current version, because if you actually watched him before his hiatus you would know that his old comedy wasn’t nearly as political. It was more goofy and free because he was clearly in a different place mentally.
I said his comedy was racial, not political. And in order to actually understand the point of his sketches and jokes actually need an open minded and nuanced perspective on race, ie. a left leaning one. Again, it seems like you probably just enjoyed Chappelle on a very basic level without understanding the nuance of his comedy.

Originally Posted by :
So sometimes forgetting that his name has 2 p’s means I’m not a real fan? It’s pretty obvious that you know very little about him outside of his more recent stuff because you seem to think The Chappelle Show along with his old stand up was mostly about racial justice when it couldn’t be further from the truth. Same with Patrice.
I never said or even suggested his comedy was about racial justice. But a huge percentage of his older material is poking fun at how much casual racism there is in society. You should actually go rewatch his older stand up and of course Chappelle's show to get a better understanding of what his comedy was actually about. You might also learn to spell his name correctly.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:10 PM 10-15-2021
We've entered the 'you're enjoying your personal entertainment wrong' portion of the evening's program. . .

:-) :-)


[Reply]
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up