ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Dave Chapelle's "The Closer": He Fucking Roasts Everyone
AdolfOliverBush 11:30 AM 10-12-2021
Of course comedy is subjective, but I loved it. Chappelle absolutely does not give a rat's ass about backlash for his words. Comedy should be without limits. I think even us maniacs in CPDC who watch it will mostly give it a thumbs up.

Netflix chief Ted Sarandos defends controversial Dave Chappelle special in staff memo: Reports
Jenna Ryu
USA TODAY

Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos is defending his decision to keep comedian Dave Chappelle's controversial special "The Closer" on the streaming service.

In a Friday staff memo obtained by Variety and The Verge, Sarandos pledged Netflix's commitment to the special, despite backlash about the comedian's transphobic comments. "Chappelle is one of the most popular stand-up comedians today, and we have a long standing deal with him," Sarandos wrote in Chappelle's defense.

He continued: "As with our other talent, we work hard to support their creative freedom – even though this means there will always be content on Netflix some people believe is harmful, like 'Cuties,' '365 Days,' '13 Reasons Why,' or 'My Unorthodox Life.' "

Chappelle drew criticism for his comments in the special about the transgender community, including his defense of author J. K. Rowling, who previously conflated sex with gender and defended ideas suggesting that changing one's biological sex was a threat to her own gender identity.

"They canceled J.K. Rowling – my God," Chappelle said. "Effectually she said gender was a fact, the trans community got mad as (expletive), they started calling her a TERF… I'm Team TERF. I agree. I agree, man. Gender is a fact."

TERF is an acronym that stands for "trans exclusionary radical feminists" and describes feminists who are transphobic.

In the memo, Sarandos used Chappelle's previous special "Sticks & Stones" as an example, writing that it was also "controversial" and "our most watched, stickiest, and most award winning stand-up special to date."

USA TODAY has reached out to Netflix for comment.

Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos defended comedian Dave Chappelle's controversial comedy special, "The Closer." Sarandos also said Netflix doesn't believe that "The Closer" promotes hate speech.

"Several of you have also asked where we draw the line on hate. We don’t allow titles on Netflix that are designed to incite hate or violence, and we don’t believe 'The Closer' crosses that line," he said.

"I recognize, however, that distinguishing between commentary and harm is hard, especially with stand-up comedy which exists to push boundaries. Some people find the art of stand-up to be mean-spirited but our members enjoy it, and it’s an important part of our content offering."

"The Closer," the sixth installment in the comedian's Netflix deal, which the "Chappelle's Show" comedian describes as "his last special for a minute," includes tongue-in-cheek jokes about race, the coronavirus pandemic and negotiating "the release of DaBaby" after the rapper's homophobic comments.

Many on social media slammed Chappelle and the streaming platform, including writer Jaclyn Moore, who also serves as showrunner for Netflix's "Dear White People."

In-depth story:How trans 'Harry Potter' fans are grappling with J.K. Rowling's legacy after her transphobic comments

"I've been thrown against walls because, 'I'm not a "real" woman,' " Moore, who is transgender, tweeted. "I've had beer bottles thrown at me. So, @Netflix, I'm done."

Advocacy group GLAAD responded to the memo Monday.

“Netflix has a policy that content ‘designed to incite hate or violence’ is not allowed on the platform, but we all know that anti-LGBTQ content does exactly that," GLAAD said in a statement. "While Netflix is home to groundbreaking LGBTQ stories, now is the time for Netflix execs to listen to LGBTQ employees, industry leaders, and audiences and commit to living up to their own standards.”

Last week, the group tweeted that Chappelle's brand "has become synonymous with ridiculing trans people and other marginalized communities."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ts/6094754001/
[Reply]
mkp785 05:51 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Alright, how about this, post anything relatively recent from either that you find hilarious.

I’ll wait…

Simple. You can easily pull any number of clips from shows. Now you're just gonna say "well thats not funny, he's just making a bunch of RW jokes"

Of course you'd be wrong, since he bashes all sides.

If the video doesn't work try this.

https://youtu.be/jgycbiyQ_Z4
[Reply]
staylor26 05:54 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:

Simple. You can easily pull any number of clips from shows. Now you're just gonna say "well thats not funny, he's just making a bunch of RW jokes"

Of course you'd be wrong, since he bashes all sides.

If the video doesn't work try this.

https://youtu.be/jgycbiyQ_Z4
I made it to 2 mins and literally wanted to kill myself.

If you find that hilarious, it’s probably because you’re a cult member that will laugh at anything as long as you find it agreeable politically.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:33 PM 10-21-2021
Wow. What a fucking joke. They really are the enemy of the people.
How big of a pussy is that fat ass? That sack of flour sized bitch in front of him should have been slapped down like the bitch he is. Fat dude should have pummeled him. Are there any real men in California anymore? Haven’t seen one in quite a while.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:38 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So are you marching the streets at Trump rallies? Shouting these opinions at work? I'm guessing for most of us the extent of our activism is in our inner circles and some limited social networking. Silence isn't inaction. We all talk in our inner circles about how stupid it is for everyone to get offended by stuff. Of course I'm careful about bringing politics into any many forums. Most people participate in politics by voting. That option isn't available to a group that has for decades been forced to vote against people instead of for them.

I know plenty of people who embrace diversity but despise cancel culture and see through blatant pandering. I also know plenty of conservatives who gush about America first but can see through phony patriotism and are disgusted with when it turns into blatant, genuine racism.

And believe it or not there are liberals who embrace social justice but also respect cops and veterans and the USA. And are religious and want a stronger working class and sensible immigration laws.
Who switched to Democrat. Oh and he's not exactly a moderate. He's a libertarian which you're not.

Any liberal who supports social justice, when that's code for Marxis, is not liberal. They're a lefty of a pink hue at a minimum.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:47 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Translation: I don't like them because they make fun of conservatives.
You’re such a fraudulent cunt. I love Ron DeSantis, but I laugh my ass off when I hear him called Death Sentence. I can laugh at people making fun of my beliefs, because ITS COMEDY. Comedians are woke bitches until it affects their wallet, just like what happened with Dave. He was all for BLM, and canceling all the conservatives, etc. but NOW that it’s affecting his bottom line it’s not as cool?? Just like dumb ass Jon Stewart, who I find funny as well. The bottom line is, those cum gurgling mouth breathers were woke until it affected them. Now they’re against it. They’re sell outs. Lay in the fucking beds you’ve made dumbasses. Nowadays the best comedy is watching all the woke/left fucktards have to bite the pillow, and go against what they just stood up for. Jokes on those pussies!
[Reply]
mkp785 08:06 PM 10-21-2021
I made it to 2 mins and literally wanted to cry like the snowflake I am.
Gotcha so you whined about liberals being sensitive, yet make it only 2 mins into that. Slight coincidence that c
Colbert is RWer public enemy #1.

If had held on another minute or so he starts in about Pelosi and how ridiculous our legal system is.....all things I've seen here in DC
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:13 PM 10-21-2021
I made it to 2 mins and literally wanted to kill myself.

If you find that hilarious, it’s probably because you’re a cult member that will laugh at anything as long as you find it agreeable politically.
So a fleeting impulse for self-harm, . . . and not a resolve to initiate a jihad against the Columbia Broadcasting System and the Ed Sullivan Theater to destroy Colbert's career? Amazing restraint. . . :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 09:00 PM 10-21-2021
I really don't understand how we ended up here with standup. Standup is entirely about taking the piss out of everyone.

Some of the newer comedians that get praise like Hannah Gadsby are terrible. I've yet to see how she has an audience.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:25 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I really don't understand how we ended up here with standup.
Are you being serious here with that comment? Dude, YOUR side has been pushing & shoveling all this "woke" comedy/ PC /safe bullshit down our throats for quite some time now. SNL & all the late night comedy shows are unwatchable these days (with the exception of Greg Gutfeld's show on Fox News which is pretty funny. Its just him and his friends clowning on how insane liberals are. They keep it light and not serious at all. )

Thank GOD for South Park though. Trey Parker & Matt Stone are still very hands on with all their content and have never once apologized for ANY of their jokes ever. They don't give a **** and no one is safe from them. I'm so happy that they received a mega deal recently that will give them free reign to continue to do whatever the **** they want to do.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:03 AM 10-22-2021
Yet somehow I bet you love the "zingers" Greg Gutfeld makes on his late night show. Since he's the only mainstream RW on late night TV.
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Are you being serious here with that comment? Dude, YOUR side has been pushing & shoveling all this "woke" comedy/ PC /safe bullshit down our throats for quite some time now. SNL & all the late night comedy shows are unwatchable these days (with the exception of Greg Gutfeld's show on Fox News which is pretty funny. Its just him and his friends clowning on how insane liberals are. They keep it light and not serious at all. )

Thank GOD for South Park though. Trey Parker & Matt Stone are still very hands on with all their content and have never once apologized for ANY of their jokes ever. They don't give a **** and no one is safe from them. I'm so happy that they received a mega deal recently that will give them free reign to continue to do whatever the **** they want to do.
:-)

Knew it was only a matter of time till 1 of you ****sticks brought up Gutfeld. It's not about being too political, it's that you neck beard losers are just bummed that no one on the right is actually funny. Hence, why you'll cling to the 1st Pube with a show on past 9pm.

Hypocrites gonna hypocrite.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:40 AM 10-22-2021
When you take the "piss out of comedy"...you end up with shit like this.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:27 AM 10-22-2021
:-)

Knew it was only a matter of time till 1 of you ****sticks brought up Gutfeld. It's not about being too political, it's that you neck beard losers are just bummed that no one on the right is actually funny. Hence, why you'll cling to the 1st Pube with a show on past 9pm.

Hypocrites gonna hypocrite.
Like you are bright enough to judge any humor source. You are a repeater, not a thinker.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:19 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Like you are bright enough to judge any humor source. You are a repeater, not a thinker.
Humor is subjective but there's a big difference in saying that political humor is lame now b/c all the comedians are "too woke" and immediately blowing the 1st RW person that makes a cpl jokes.

Just say you want conservative humor and that you're upset there is no good ones.

Don't use hypocrisy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:40 AM 10-22-2021
Humor is subjective but there's a big difference in saying that political humor is lame now b/c all the comedians are "too woke" and immediately blowing the 1st RW person that makes a cpl jokes.

Just say you want conservative humor and that you're upset there is no good ones.

Don't use hypocrisy.
Not sure why I'm treating this trolling like a serious conversant, but you are fishing for the exact thing you are itching to criticize.

Gutfeld isn't a comedic genius. He's a dad joke who happens to talk about current politics. If anything, his career is predicated on USING mildly humorous quips and puns to make his political rants more accessible.

His current draw isn't his hilarity, if anything it's a drawback at this point. Even his audience [in the stands AND on the panel the stage] is sitting through his monogue kind of nervously and impatiently enduring his puns and rhymes to get to the conversation, which is the actual draw.

For me, I find the best comedic voices are usually the ones who put the funny first, regardless of the political implications. 'Off-limits' or clapter or rules like punching up only are just impediments. If you manage to stay funny within those rules, good for you. Much like 'clean comics' like Sinbad or Brian Regan, you're funny because you're funny, not because you're clean, not because you're PC, not because you're 'speaking truth to power.'

Seth Meyer's schtick of 'I have some naughty jokes, but I have to bring my Benneton Ad of a writers room on to deliver them' is a lame impediment that largely doesn't work.

If you're asking for 'give no shits' comics who do it best. . . . First off, Patrice and Norm are dead, but they were the best of the best. Maher is all over the place politically, but he generally tries to focus on the funny above all in a Catskills/RedBrickWall traditional standup vein. Tim Dillon is a brutal satirist who respects NO ONE. As I mentioned earlier, Tina Fey and Robert Carlock are great at puncturing liberal uptightness right alongside other craziness, usually with resigned weariness.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:58 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not sure why I'm treating this trolling like a serious conversant, but you are fishing for the exact thing you are itching to criticize.

Gutfeld isn't a comedic genius. He's a dad joke who happens to talk about current politics. If anything, his career is predicated on USING mildly humorous quips and puns to make his political rants more accessible.

His current draw isn't his hilarity, if anything it's a drawback at this point. Even his audience [in the stands AND on the panel the stage] is sitting through his monogue kind of nervously and impatiently enduring his puns and rhymes to get to the conversation, which is the actual draw.

For me, I find the best comedic voices are usually the ones who put the funny first, regardless of the political implications. 'Off-limits' or clapter or rules like punching up only are just impediments. If you manage to stay funny within those rules, good for you. Much like 'clean comics' like Sinbad or Brian Regan, you're funny because you're funny, not because you're clean, not because you're PC, not because you're 'speaking truth to power.'

Seth Meyer's schtick of 'I have some naughty jokes, but I have to bring my Benneton Ad of a writers room on to deliver them' is a lame impediment that largely doesn't work.

If you're asking for 'give no shits' comics who do it best. . . . First off, Patrice and Norm are dead, but they were the best of the best. Maher is all over the place politically, but he generally tries to focus on the funny above all in a Catskills/RedBrickWall traditional standup vein. Tim Dillon is a brutal satirist who respects NO ONE. As I mentioned earlier, Tina Fey and Robert Carlock are great at puncturing liberal uptightness right alongside other craziness, usually with resigned weariness.
Maher is a good example of someone who hits both sides evenly though he's considered liberal(much like Colbert). I would bet that most people here can't stand him, since he went after 45 relentlessly-but not because he's a Pube. Which is my point he went after him because he was doing stupid shit. I was in middle and high school back during the Clinton years and I remember that Maher going after Clinton as well. Even now, he hits Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer all equally.

As to Meyer, if you're talking about how he brings his writers onto to deliver jokes, I think it's more or less just him trying to get them more exposure. Which worked as that Amber girl has her own show now.

This current edition of CPDC anger is cause ppl here are sick of "their" side getting hit. Which is fine, just admit that.

If anything this Dave Chappelle thing has proven that funny is funny and cancel culture won't stop it. There are no funny RW comics.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up