ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 73
« First < 14546061626364 65666768 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Cheater5 12:09 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Given that the black man didn't enslave the white man and generally treat them like shit since, I fail to see the hypocrisy.

The chickens are coming home to roost.
Once again your stunning level of historical illiteracy is on display. It seems as though your knowledge-level is Facebook-deep.

From roughly 1530 to 1780, thousands of White Europeans were captured and enslaved in North Africa.

“But from 1500 to 1650, when trans-Atlantic slaving was still in its infancy, more white Christian slaves were probably taken to Barbary than black African slaves to the Americas, according to Robert Davis, Professor of history at Ohio State University.

I know the truth often hurts your feelings, resulting in late night pouty outbursts and members virtually rubbing your back asking if you’re okay— but slip away from discussions regarding historical accuracy or facts; they clearly aren’t your forte.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:21 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Once again your stunning level of historical illiteracy is on display. It seems as though your knowledge-level is Facebook-deep.

From roughly 1530 to 1780, thousands of White Europeans were captured and enslaved in North Africa.

“But from 1500 to 1650, when trans-Atlantic slaving was still in its infancy, more white Christian slaves were probably taken to Barbary than black African slaves to the Americas, according to Robert Davis, Professor of history at Ohio State University.

I know the truth often hurts your feelings, resulting in late night pouty outbursts and members virtually rubbing your back asking if you’re okay— but slip away from discussions regarding historical accuracy or facts; they clearly aren’t your forte.
What does any of that have to do with slavery and racism in the US? I don't see the relevance in your justification for it.
[Reply]
Cheater5 12:25 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
What does any of that have to do with slavery and racism in the US? I don't see the relevance in your justification for it.

Ok.

Read eDave’s post then read mine for context. I didn't bring up slavery- he did. Somehow he tied what happened to Gruden as justification what occurred 150+ years ago, and further stated that black people never enslaved white people-- which of course is wrong.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:41 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Why does everyone always do this when an example is brought up of this happening to white people, to Asians, or simply all over the world in passed history??

Has everyone forgotten what MLK said in regards to his "dream" and how "one days his children will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character". All we do in 2021 is judge people off their skin color in regards to what comes out of their mouth.

The other point to this is simply that again its the hypocrisy of this entire situation.. It happened to all skin colors in the history of the world, yet white people of today are still being ridiculed for things they had no control over because they weren't even born yet. It's ridiculous. All we can do is remedy the passed, learn from it, and move forward.

Calling a young 22 year old white man privileged the moment you see his skin color is bull shit because you have absolutely no idea what he has seen or been through in the last 22 years of his life, yet that is what we do in today's society..
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:58 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Nothing Gruden said is actually racist, so shove that trope up your ass. Players have come out saying Gruden used to call liars rubber lips, which is the root of what he said about Smith.

Sexist and homophobic? Maybe/probably. Lots of dudes in his age range use that language without that sort of intent, it's just how people talked. Roots are of course sexist and homophobic. Then again, his public support, total and unequivocal, of Carl Nassib, shows he isn't a total homophobe.
I say only sexist really... The Q in LBGTQ Stands for Queer and obviously thats what they want to be called.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:32 PM 10-17-2021
Will he still get paid?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:44 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Will he still get paid?
I think he's getting 40m from the Raiders.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:47 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think he's getting 40m from the Raiders.
That explains why he resigned so quickly. Among other things.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:51 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
I say only sexist really... The Q in LBGTQ Stands for Queer and obviously thats what they want to be called.
Ain't it a funny double standard? :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:06 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That explains why he resigned so quickly. Among other things.
None of it adds up. He's not gonna bail on a winning season and ruin his career over something that could fade away. And these high priced lawyers aren't stupid enough to forget to redact something.

The redskins ruined Jay gruden by leaking stories about him. Do the grudens know something? Because the Skins seem hell bent on ruining them and grudens abrupt exit makes you wonder if there's something way deeper going on here.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:10 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
None of it adds up. He's not gonna bail on a winning season and ruin his career over something that could fade away. And these high priced lawyers aren't stupid enough to forget to redact something.

The redskins ruined Jay gruden by leaking stories about him. Do the grudens know something? Because the Skins seem hell bent on ruining them and grudens abrupt exit makes you wonder if there's something way deeper going on here.
Wtf is so hard to understand? Gruden got canceled, but he ultimately won. Hes going to get a big fat settlement check to never work again. Even if he wanted to continue working in football in some capacity there is nothing stopping him from doing his QB camp thing, who knows how many QBs would be interested in it though.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:17 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Wtf is so hard to understand? Gruden got canceled, but he ultimately won. Hes going to get a big fat settlement check to never work again. Even if he wanted to continue working in football in some capacity there is nothing stopping him from doing his QB camp thing, who knows how many QBs would be interested in it though.
Why would gruden negotiate a settlement AFTER he was fired. You think he has more leverage from quitting as opposed to the raiders pushing for him to get fired? You know who handles grudens grievance? The commissioner gruden called a bundle of sticks. It doesn't make sense for gruden to not wait even just a couple of days for this to play out.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:24 PM 10-17-2021
Why would gruden negotiate a settlement AFTER he was fired. You think he has more leverage from quitting as opposed to the raiders pushing for him to get fired? You know who handles grudens grievance? The commissioner gruden called a bundle of sticks. It doesn't make sense for gruden to not wait even just a couple of days for this to play out.
You for real? What do you think the odds of him getting a penny if he was fired for conduct detrimental to the team are? You think there aren't clauses for shit like that?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:55 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
You for real? What do you think the odds of him getting a penny if he was fired for conduct detrimental to the team are? You think there aren't clauses for shit like that?
So the ace in the hole was a morals clause for grudens conduct that predates his employment? It is most definitely strange to not at least discuss settlement before resignation. It sounds like the raiders were caught completely off guard.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:01 PM 10-17-2021
So the ace in the hole was a morals clause for grudens conduct that predates his employment? It is most definitely strange to not at least discuss settlement before resignation. It sounds like the raiders were caught completely off guard.
They weren't caught off guard at all. Davis seeked Gruden out and had a meeting with him before his resignation. Gruden wasn't leaving that meeting still employed. The NFL was making sure of that.

Davis holds a tremendous amount of respect for Gruden. He tried for 7 years to bring him back to the Raiders. If it were up to him he would most likely still have a job.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 73
« First < 14546061626364 65666768 > Last »
Up