ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2022 Draft: Who should we be watching on Saturdays?
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-07-2021
Admittedly, I don't really dig in deep on college football players until the season ends. For me, there's just too much noise, too many teams, too many players to really gauge anything beyond the obvious 1st round guys, especially when my attention is already super invested in the Chiefs & NFL.

That said, as I watch the Chiefs, my interest in thinking about our next draft gets me excited, so much to the point that I'm interested in carving out time mid-week (Wednesdays?) to try and watch some highlights.

So, who are you watching that would be a good fit for this roster next season? First round talent is great, but also some under the radar guys would be cool to get an early jump on.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:55 PM 10-15-2021
I want a RB that doesn’t go down without a fight.

When defenders wrap up the RB, the play doesn’t end there for the running back. Instead, he always keeps his feet moving at a rapid pace, demonstrating his incredible balance and footwork even with defenders on his back. The RB needs to excels at racking up yards after initial contact, a key attribute. He doesn’t fumble either. Ball security is crucial for running backs and it’s a technique that the RB has seemingly mastered. His combination of breaking tackles and expert ball security is a desirable one, because many young running backs often expose the ball while driving their legs in attempt to gain extra yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:05 AM 10-16-2021
Breece Hall & Brian Robinson should get a look too
[Reply]
kccrow 12:14 AM 10-16-2021
Thought I'd throw Travon Walker, DE, Georgia into the convo for 1st round potential. Maybe the SEC guys that really watch Georgia can weigh in more but I think he's interesting. Like all Georgia guys, he doesn't really know how to use his hands but that get-off and strength are outstanding. He could be a sneaky good end-of-round pick that needs some coaching but has most of what you want in a 4-3 end. He's a JR, like most of the pass rush talent this year, so we'll see if he declares.
[Reply]
bsp4444 07:02 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I can’t justify a rb before round 3

Our biggest need on offense is a YAC receiver. With everyone playing 2 deep and taking away our deep game, we need a receiver who can consistently when off the press and turn 5 yard receptions into 15+ yard gainers

Don’t even know where to begin on defense. DT, DE, linebacker, safety… you name it
While I agree with this, when was the last time you saw a quick slant to the wr? That play would work perfectly, but Mahomes only throws to Kelce here.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:50 PM 10-20-2021
Any thoughts on where LB Damone Clark (LSU) will go? I think 2nd round, but how high/low in it is probably the question.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:00 PM 10-20-2021
Khalil Shakir from Boise is exciting. Not sure if he's an X guy but man he's good, can fly, and has wiggle. That said, Boise receivers scare me a bit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:43 AM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Khalil Shakir from Boise is exciting. Not sure if he's an X guy but man he's good, can fly, and has wiggle. That said, Boise receivers scare me a bit.
It'll be interesting how he runs at the combine.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:15 PM 10-24-2021
So this pretty relevant now.

I don't (think) we'll be shitty enough for the Oregon DE, so maybe Hutchinson or Trevon Walker? I still say edge has to be where we go.....
[Reply]
kccrow 02:36 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
So this pretty relevant now.

I don't (think) we'll be shitty enough for the Oregon DE, so maybe Hutchinson or Trevon Walker? I still say edge has to be where we go.....
After watching yet another shit show from Orlando Brown Jr today, We might want to keep our eyes on Nick Petit-Frere, Trevor Penning, and Rasheed Walker.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:44 PM 10-24-2021
After watching yet another shit show from Orlando Brown Jr today, We might want to keep our eyes on Nick Petit-Frere, Trevor Penning, and Rasheed Walker.
And take a RB or LB? Got it.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:49 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And take a RB or LB? Got it.
lol. Right?

To say I don't trust Veach at this point would likely be a massive understatement.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:59 PM 10-24-2021
We'll see, but I still have faith that he won't shit the bed forever. This brings down his price tag significantly-which is a good thing if he fixes himself. He does seem to have some problems with speed though....

Our terrible D starts up front and being down all the time puts pressure on Mahomes to constantly have to make plays. Getting rid of Frank allows us to add more pieces too-like more options on offense to make life easier for Mahomes.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:36 PM 10-24-2021
Karlaftis also looks like a good add. 6'4 265 with room to grow. Solid in most areas
[Reply]
kccrow 05:10 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
We'll see, but I still have faith that he won't shit the bed forever. This brings down his price tag significantly-which is a good thing if he fixes himself. He does seem to have some problems with speed though....

Our terrible D starts up front and being down all the time puts pressure on Mahomes to constantly have to make plays. Getting rid of Frank allows us to add more pieces too-like more options on offense to make life easier for Mahomes.
Won't shit the bed forever? The dude is absolutely atrocious at pass blocking perimeter rushers. All of them. His only way to even somewhat combat his deficiencies plays against Pat's tendencies. He just doesn't fit here, at all.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 10:12 PM 10-24-2021
Will McDonald IV
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up