ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Spider-Man: No Way Home
Tribal Warfare 08:27 PM 08-23-2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 PM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
For me the version of Spider Man that made it into the Avengers movies was the JarJar Binks of the group. Just constant cringing awfulness every second he was on screen. Cannot imagine wanting to see a movie that actually revolves around his worthless, awful self.
I liked the Spider-Man in Capt. America the best of the MCU versions.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:52 AM 08-26-2021
Dude people complaining about spider-man in the MCU need to have their brains checked
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:37 AM 08-27-2021

Fan made Spider-Man movie mashup music video
[Reply]
Rausch 05:06 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Dude people complaining about spider-man in the MCU need to have their brains checked
I think the actor is great but I don't like how he became IM Jr. Spidey should be inventing his own gear and struggling with feeling alone. That sarcasm and wit despite all the depressing shit in his life. He doesn't give up - he doesn't bend on his morality.

It's also about being a kid and having to pretend to be an adult, surrounded by adult heroes, without the experience they all have.

And if they were going to do Venom they should have pulled that off while he was out in space. Golden opportunity missed there...
[Reply]
tredadda 05:14 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That .gif, the Jags fan .gif, and the Ron Paul "It's happening" .gif will never get old.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:38 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I think the actor is great but I don't like how he became IM Jr. Spidey should be inventing his own gear and struggling with feeling alone. That sarcasm and wit despite all the depressing shit in his life. He doesn't give up - he doesn't bend on his morality.

It's also about being a kid and having to pretend to be an adult, surrounded by adult heroes, without the experience they all have.

And if they were going to do Venom they should have pulled that off while he was out in space. Golden opportunity missed there...
Marvel and Sony’s biggest fight right now is about Venom, according to rumors, anyway. The word is that’s why Sony backed out of their agreement with Marvel because they wouldn’t include Venom in Spidey 3. Word is that Marvel was… less than impressed.. with this incarnation of Venom.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:04 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Marvel and Sony’s biggest fight right now is about Venom, according to rumors, anyway. The word is that’s why Sony backed out of their agreement with Marvel because they wouldn’t include Venom in Spidey 3. Word is that Marvel was… less than impressed.. with this incarnation of Venom.
Sony just doesn't want to give up what they see as their own personal ATM with a popular Marvel character, even if they are dicking up the product. Marvel comics have generally turned to trash as of late, but what Marvel is doing with the MCU is damned near unparalleled. We're talking Star Wars hype when Star Wars was THE thing in movies.

Sony needs to let Marvel have the remaining rights to whatever characters they have for a nice chunk of cash and future revenues, and let Marvel work their MCU magic on them. It will be amazing when the MCU finally has control over their entire collection of characters.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:31 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I don't.
shocking
[Reply]
sully1983 09:54 AM 08-28-2021
Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Trailer Shatters ‘Avengers: Endgame’s’ 24-Hour Viewership Record

:-)

Spider-Man has turned the Avengers to dust — on YouTube and Twitter, at least.

Despite leaking online a day early, the teaser trailer for “Spider-Man: No Way Home” has set a new all-time record for the most global views in the first 24 hours, with 355.5 million views. That far surpasses the previous record held by the trailer for “Avengers: Endgame,” which picked up 289 million views when it debuted in December 2018.

According to Sony Pictures, the “No Way Home” trailer also earned the most-ever mentions on social media of any movie preview over the first 24 hours, with 4.5 million mentions worldwide. Domestically, “No Way Home” drew 2.91 million mentions over 24 hours, nearly doubling the 1.94 million mentions over the same period for “Endgame’s” trailer.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...rd-1235048973/

Damn! So much for "super hero fatigue" I guess. Movie goers all over the globe are addicted to whatever cookie cutter/ assembly line shit that Kevin Feige is shoveling out these days. The MCU seems to be flat out unstoppable at this point. I for one am burnt out from it after being letdown by Endgame (the time travel elements were silly/stupid/ridiculous imo and took up too much of the run time, Hulk being completely worthless & neutered and Thor being a fat ass for cheap laughs. Just a lame film all around especially when compared to Infinity War ). I haven't even bothered with Disney + and their streaming MCU shows.

Anyways, this Spider Boy movie looks like its going to really pander to the hardcore fans by bringing back all of the old bad guys thru out the years.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:18 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Trailer Shatters ‘Avengers: Endgame’s’ 24-Hour Viewership Record

:-)

Spider-Man has turned the Avengers to dust — on YouTube and Twitter, at least.

Despite leaking online a day early, the teaser trailer for “Spider-Man: No Way Home” has set a new all-time record for the most global views in the first 24 hours, with 355.5 million views. That far surpasses the previous record held by the trailer for “Avengers: Endgame,” which picked up 289 million views when it debuted in December 2018.

According to Sony Pictures, the “No Way Home” trailer also earned the most-ever mentions on social media of any movie preview over the first 24 hours, with 4.5 million mentions worldwide. Domestically, “No Way Home” drew 2.91 million mentions over 24 hours, nearly doubling the 1.94 million mentions over the same period for “Endgame’s” trailer.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...rd-1235048973/

Damn! So much for "super hero fatigue" I guess. Movie goers all over the globe are addicted to whatever cookie cutter/ assembly line shit that Kevin Feige is shoveling out these days. The MCU seems to be flat out unstoppable at this point. I for one am burnt out from it after being letdown by Endgame (the time travel elements were silly/stupid/ridiculous imo and took up too much of the run time, Hulk being completely worthless & neutered and Thor being a fat ass for cheap laughs. Just a lame film all around especially when compared to Infinity War ). I haven't even bothered with Disney + and their streaming MCU shows.

Anyways, this Spider Boy movie looks like its going to really pander to the hardcore fans by bringing back all of the old bad guys thru out the years.
Those are some bold words. Endgame was a perfect way to end the Infinity Saga, even if they had to introduce time travel. That was the only way they could make everything work. I also can't think of another movie that had the responsibility of wrapping up a 22 film story arc that lasted more than a decade.

And you're damn right they're pandering to fans. And I don't give a shit. Spider-Man 2 is the greatest super hero movie of all time and I do not care what anyone says. Alfred Molina being back is nothing but good news. Same with Dafoe.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:01 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Those are some bold words. Endgame was a perfect way to end the Infinity Saga, even if they had to introduce time travel. That was the only way they could make everything work. I also can't think of another movie that had the responsibility of wrapping up a 22 film story arc that lasted more than a decade.

And you're damn right they're pandering to fans. And I don't give a shit. Spider-Man 2 is the greatest super hero movie of all time and I do not care what anyone says. Alfred Molina being back is nothing but good news. Same with Dafoe.
I do agree with the take on The Hulk... that just pissed me off to no end that they made The Hulk such a worthless character in the movies.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:01 PM 08-28-2021
They had to throttle some of the characters, or else Thanos without the Gauntlet would have been toast. Thor, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel and Professor Hulk would have ripped apart Thanos and his horde by themselves if they all hadn't been nerfed in some way. The Black Order would have been trouble, but hey, here's literally every other character to deal with them.

Infinity War and Endgame were as close to perfect as they could have given those stories while wrapping up the entirety of the Infinity Saga.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:08 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I do agree with the take on The Hulk... that just pissed me off to no end that they made The Hulk such a worthless character in the movies.
*brace for Rausch impact*

Hulk has a bit of the Superman conundrum going on - he just can't be beat. Thanos had the power stone when he Tyson'd him, so I'll accept that, but other than that it had to be a mental block between Hulk and Banner and then a transition to Professor Hulk (the least of the Hulk personas imo) to keep him from just wrecking the story by himself.

It sucks that we'll likely never get World Breaker Hulk, especially after watching him knock a fully powered Surtur back on his heels, but I'm ok with it. Thor is in this category as well, but maybe somehow they'll give us a glimpse of Rune King Thor at some point. :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:20 PM 08-28-2021
Garfield doesn't really register with me as Spiderman. Meh oh well...guess I should sit down and watch those movies.

It would be funny if they all 3 did that meme cartoon where they're all pointing at each other.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:23 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Bowser posted what I was going to say below....

Hulk is basically unbeatable. He, like Superman, are boring characters as they suffer from basically have no real weakness(aside from Kryptonite).

What makes them both interesting is when you show the human/personal aspect of both characters.

The best Hulk movie that's ever been made is Ragnarok. Think about that for a moment. It's because of how Hulk's portrayed and he doesn't have to be the main character.

I have no qualms with his portrayal in Infinity War/Endgame. My biggest critique is Captain Marvel should have had a large role in Endgame or not used at all as she, along with Wanda, Hulk, and Thor, were the only ones who would be strong enough to go head to head with Thanos.

Infinity War/Endgame are just about as close to perfect on an ending to the Infinity Saga as possible. There's really no other movies to compare them to aside from trilogies. As much as I liked the Dark Knight Rises, it had severe plot and timing issues that made it far from perfect. Endgame doesn't have that.

I also just found out Disney+ will have all Sony Spider-Man films on it starting in 2022. Assuming that means Marvel and Sony continue their Spider-Man agreement, I have strong confidence the Spider-Man movies will be done correctly(as long as Sony doesn't meddle and destroy them).
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up