ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Far Cry 5
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-17-2021
So now that I've finally finished DA:I, I'm delving into my backlog of games.

First up is Far Cry 5. I'm having a blast so far but I'm really struggling with the bow.

I've played a lot of hunting games and I just don't understand the sights on the bow, they don't function like any other game I've ever played and there's no explanation of the pin distances. I can't hit the broad side of a barn and stealth is one of my favorite things about Far Cry.

Any tips?
[Reply]
Pants 02:09 PM 03-16-2021
Big Steam sale on Ubisoft titles including the Far Cry games.

I'm sure the deals are just as good in the Ubisoft store.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 03-17-2021
It's interesting. I don't play FPS games at all. Never played COD, never played anything like that.

FC is really my first and FC Primal was my first entry in the series.

I'm an RPG guy first and foremost and prefer low tech and stealth action games. Thinking back, I'm not sure the last time I played a game with "guns" other than FC5.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:55 PM 03-17-2021
And to add to the irony, I never had interest in stealth games until I played Black Flag, which I only bought because of the pirate setting. I had no interest in AC until then and now it's probably my favorite series of all time.
[Reply]
Fish 10:10 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And to add to the irony, I never had interest in stealth games until I played Black Flag, which I only bought because of the pirate setting. I had no interest in AC until then and now it's probably my favorite series of all time.
Still haven't played Black Flag. Need to do that..

We have to appreciate a game series like Far Cry that lets you take any approach you want. We're pretty spoiled in that regard these days. I've been a FPS gamer since Quake 2 first implemented internet play. Rocking a 92k dial up modem at that time. Diamond Monster 3DFX Voodoo card, with a whopping 4MB of video memory. I was actually one of the very first people in Manhattan, KS to get cable internet. Pretty mindblowing at the time.

Never played many RPGs to speak of though. So kind of the opposite. Mostly all FPS, with a few exceptions. I still play a ton of Doom (2016) multiplayer online. Even though it's like 5 years old at this point. It's some of the best FPS deathmatch/teamDM multiplayer available, IMO. But it's definitely a very different style of play. In Doom, you have to be constantly moving. There is zero cautious approach and planning, it's 100% move or die. Doom: Eternal is like 20X worse. It's some seriously panic inducing action. Which is why stealth games bore me.

Did you ever play Thief back in the day?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Still haven't played Black Flag. Need to do that..

We have to appreciate a game series like Far Cry that lets you take any approach you want. We're pretty spoiled in that regard these days. I've been a FPS gamer since Quake 2 first implemented internet play. Rocking a 92k dial up modem at that time. Diamond Monster 3DFX Voodoo card, with a whopping 4MB of video memory. I was actually one of the very first people in Manhattan, KS to get cable internet. Pretty mindblowing at the time.

Never played many RPGs to speak of though. So kind of the opposite. Mostly all FPS, with a few exceptions. I still play a ton of Doom (2016) multiplayer online. Even though it's like 5 years old at this point. It's some of the best FPS deathmatch/teamDM multiplayer available, IMO. But it's definitely a very different style of play. In Doom, you have to be constantly moving. There is zero cautious approach and planning, it's 100% move or die. Doom: Eternal is like 20X worse. It's some seriously panic inducing action. Which is why stealth games bore me.

Did you ever play Thief back in the day?
I'm gonna date myself here a little bit but when I started gaming, there weren't any FPS games.

I grew up playing pen and paper, like D&D, and games like Bard's Tale and Might and Magic. CRPG's were the only real games other than platformers in the early to mid 80's.

I've never really been intrigued by games set in modern or futuristic settings. I've always preferred low fantasy and primitive tech over guns and lasers.

So, when I said I was going to date myself, the last time I spent A LOT of time on an FPS, it was playing Doom II.

It came on 3.5" FLOPPY DISKS and we had to stand up an IPX network to play it over our LAN.
[Reply]
Fish 12:30 AM 03-23-2021
FYI... Far Cry 5 PC is currently on sale on Steam for $11.99. Far Cry 5 + Far Cry New Dawn Deluxe Edition Bundle for $19.99. 80% off. Support software developers at an affordable rate!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/552520/Far_Cry_5/
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:02 AM 03-25-2021
I'm currently playing one final play through on New Game+ with Infamous difficulty.

I just love this game.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 11:18 PM 04-02-2021
I'm currently playing one final play through on New Game+ with Infamous difficulty.

I just love this game.
Just finished on New Game+ Infamous.

It was nice of the developers to let you keep all your weapons and components from the previous playthrough. Can't imagine doing it from scratch.

The sniper rifle was much more involved this playthrough, though the bullet travel speed was still slow.

My preferred companions were Peaches the cougar and the archer lady. Stealth was much more meaningful when a couple bullets can kill you.

The boss battles were a real challenge (fucking Jacob), except for Joseph, which was a breeze.

Bad enough that you gotta kill each boss, but then you've gotta clear out their bunkers. At least with Joseph, just unload on him with an MG-42, revive your friends for unlimited revivals, and you're good.

Love the ending, as always.

Uh-ha-mayyyyy...zing...grace...how...sweet...the sound...tha-hat saved...uh-huh wretch...lie-hike meeee...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Just finished on New Game+ Infamous.

It was nice of the developers to let you keep all your weapons and components from the previous playthrough. Can't imagine doing it from scratch.

The sniper rifle was much more involved this playthrough, though the bullet travel speed was still slow.

My preferred companions were Peaches the cougar and the archer lady. Stealth was much more meaningful when a couple bullets can kill you.

The boss battles were a real challenge (fucking Jacob), except for Joseph, which was a breeze.

Bad enough that you gotta kill each boss, but then you've gotta clear out their bunkers. At least with Joseph, just unload on him with an MG-42, revive your friends for unlimited revivals, and you're good.

Love the ending, as always.

Uh-ha-mayyyyy...zing...grace...how...sweet...the sound...tha-hat saved...uh-huh wretch...lie-hike meeee...
Yeah, I've been using the dog and cougar for both stealth and to tag enemies. One M60 can spoil your whole day if you don't see him in time.

I'm just about done but it was time well spent. Great game, really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 04-20-2021
So I went against the prevailing advice and picked up New Dawn. Yeah the story is pretty yawn so far (just started act 2, no spoilers please).

But I have to say the progression and upgrade systems are SO much better than FC5. I like the metered/gated progression. It makes new areas seem legitimately dangerous and encourages one to explore and participate in the gathering loops of finding sources for rare materials. In fact, I find myself not using fast travel because walking everywhere is actually productive.

I’m actually really enjoying the game.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:28 AM 04-20-2021
No to derail this thread, but did anyone play the Escape from Durgesh DLC in Far Cry 4? Finished it a few weeks ago and had a blast.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 04-20-2021
I have Far Cry 3 to play next and then Far Cray 4 after that.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:40 PM 04-20-2021
I’m waiting for 6 to come out.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:09 PM 04-20-2021
I have Far Cry 3 to play next and then Far Cray 4 after that.
They're both great games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:18 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I’m waiting for 6 to come out.
Yeah, it looks pretty sweet.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up