5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 04:34 PM 11-29-2021
2 things I would like to see this off-season. While teams are spending on free agents, I would love to see a big contract for Witt JR. Spend on our own talent. Two, trade Gallagher. I like him, but the catcher market is thin. Plus, it opens a spot up for MJ at the big league level. Heck the Marlins just traded for Jacob Stallings.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:45 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
2 things I would like to see this off-season. While teams are spending on free agents, I would love to see a big contract for Witt JR. Spend on our own talent. Two, trade Gallagher. I like him, but the catcher market is thin. Plus, it opens a spot up for MJ at the big league level. Heck the Marlins just traded for Jacob Stallings.
The Wander Franco deal would be a rough framework for that. I'm pretty sure Witt is going to be the #1 prospect on a few sites (Baseball Prospectus for one - they hinted at it in the Royals prospect report released today), which is not the same as being the #1 guy 3 years in a row like Franco was or debuting with the level of success Franco did, but it gets you close.

10 years, $175M for Witt? Would he even sign it? Most players that sign that huge early deal that covers all their arb AND some FA years are guys in rough financial shape to begin with.

I suspect BWJ's family is not in 3rd-world country poor status like Franco's was...
[Reply]
Mecca 05:07 PM 11-29-2021
Witt has zero reason to sign a deal like that. He isn't struggling or from a poor family, he can bet on himself.
[Reply]
kstater 06:58 PM 11-29-2021
I did not know Chris Young was the GM of the Rangers.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:06 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by kstater:
I did not know Chris Young was the GM of the Rangers.
They're also a sneaky big market team..it's like no one realizes Dallas isn't small market.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 07:37 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Royals are basically in a all in or all out position. Signing middling FAs like Carlos Santana etc isn't gonna do much.

They're in a spot to either go all out and pursue big time FAs (which they obviously aren't doing) or just let the kids play.

It's fine if they go with the kids approach since they have a lot of young guys thar need at bats.

If it results in Ryan O'Hearn and Hunter Dozier as everyday players then this team is to dumb to win.
What's so unusual is the Royals have a lot of big bats in the minors. Witt, MJ, and Pratto all have 40 HR potential in the show.

Don't sleep on Vinnie Pasquantino...he's a late bloomer at 24 but had a .957 OPS last year with a .390 OBP. That guy has some plate discipline and good pop (24 HR in 437 combined AB at High A and AA). He's an 11th round 2019 pick that crushed at Burlington in '19 (.963 OPS), crushed at high A in 2021, then continued to crush at AA (.927 OPS).
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:47 PM 11-29-2021
Vinnie Pasquatino is a left handed Billy Butler with just a TAD more pop. I really like him.

Honestly, I’m now higher on him than Pratto. I’d be trying to swing Pratto in a trade this off-season.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:58 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Vinnie Pasquatino is a left handed Billy Butler with just a TAD more pop. I really like him.

Honestly, I’m now higher on him than Pratto. I’d be trying to swing Pratto in a trade this off-season.
Unless Pratto can handle corner OF, this team is very thin in OF prospects.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:07 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Unless Pratto can handle corner OF, this team is very thin in OF prospects.

Melendez is more likely to be able to handle a corner OF spot. He can definitely handle LF.

Apparently his D is lagging a bit for a AA/AAA player. His pop times and receiving are fine, but he’s not framing the ball well.

I also would not be surprised to see Nick Loftin or Peyton Wilson flipped to the OF on a more full time basis.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:10 PM 11-29-2021
Melendez is more likely to be able to handle a corner OF spot. He can definitely handle LF.

Apparently his D is lagging a bit for a AA/AAA player. His pop times and receiving are fine, but he’s not framing the ball well.

I also would not be surprised to see Nick Loftin or Peyton Wilson flipped to the OF on a more full time basis.
Wilson probably is an OFer, Loftin screams super utility bench guy to me.

Personally I think they should just see if Mondesi can handle CF that'd the care of alot of issues.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:48 AM 11-30-2021
Baseball economics are so broken. Seager's deal would eat up half of the salary spending for the bottom 13 payroll teams and a quarter of the salary spending for the bottom twenty. The MLB and MLBPA need to fix economic parity between teams.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:07 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Baseball economics are so broken. Seager's deal would eat up half of the salary spending for the bottom 13 payroll teams and a quarter of the salary spending for the bottom twenty. The MLB and MLBPA need to fix economic parity between teams.
That's what I've been saying. They already want to push it even further and eliminate the benefits of a high draft pick by implementing a draft lottery like the NBA. You know what the NBA has that MLB doesn't? A salary cap. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

Put in a floor, put in a cap, and implement more profit sharing. The big market teams may bitch and moan, but at the end of the day there is no MLB without the small market teams.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:06 AM 11-30-2021
Why have we not traded our 4th string catcher, Cam Gallagher to someone yet? So many teams have garbage at catcher. Here in the Kansas City Royals system, they grow on trees.

Cam Gallagher in 378 career ABs is a 1.6 WAR player.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:07 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why have we not traded our 4th string catcher, Cam Gallagher to someone yet? So many teams have garbage at catcher. Here in the Kansas City Royals system, they grow on trees.

Cam Gallagher in 378 career ABs is a 1.6 WAR player.
I think it’s been mentioned but perhaps they plan on playing Salvy at 1b and DH more as he gets older.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:08 AM 11-30-2021

Don't you think it would be a huge waste to play Melendez anything but Catcher? Most reports are positive about his defensive I've read. Salvy can't frame either and if Melendez catches 75% and Salvy 25% that saves Salvy sooo much so he can just rake.

If Melendez hits in MLB in an expected fashion based on his Milb numbers we have a potential 8 WAR player on our hands. Muuuuch less in OF.
[Reply]
Page 437 of 440
« First < 337387427433434435436437 438439440 >
Up