ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Ghostbusters!
Megatron96 04:05 PM 08-23-2020
So just got home and Ghostbusters (original) is on. Forgot just how funny this movie really was. Spit my bite of pizza out when Murray investigates Sigourney Weaver's apartment. Great stuff.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:18 PM 08-23-2020
"Egon: Don’t cross the streams.
Peter: Why?
Egon: It would be bad.
Peter: I’m fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean “bad”?
Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Raymond: Total protonic reversal.
Peter: That’s bad. Okay. Alright, important safety tip, thanks Egon."
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:22 PM 08-23-2020
Yeah. When he realizes she’s possessed it is hilarious.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:24 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. When he realizes she’s possessed it is hilarious.
"Okay. My girlfriend's a dog."
[Reply]
lcarus 12:09 AM 08-24-2020
Somebody on this forum listed Ghostbusters as a movie that didn't hold up. Some thread about movies you loved as a kid and then rewatched as an adult and didn't like it. Which in my opinion is nuts. Movie is great even after seeing it 100 times over 35 years.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:37 AM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Somebody on this forum listed Ghostbusters as a movie that didn't hold up. Some thread about movies you loved as a kid and then rewatched as an adult and didn't like it. Which in my opinion is nuts. Movie is great even after seeing it 100 times over 35 years.
Agree. There are lots of 80s movies that don’t hold up. This isn’t one of them.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:45 AM 08-24-2020
Watching the original, it never gets old and totally holds up. Even the special effects, which are not as CGI Awesome as they are nowadays, does not deflect from the awesomeness of the movie. Anyone who says it doesn't hold up is thinking about that aspect I would suspect.

Also, the 2016 abominable remake is a lesson in how not to mess with something that's perfect.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:54 AM 08-24-2020
Tremendous movie that I enjoy each and every time I watch it.
[Reply]
Fish 10:42 AM 08-24-2020
FYI... it's on AMC right meow.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:28 PM 08-24-2020

[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:25 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Best alley-oop and dunk of the film.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:31 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Best alley-oop and dunk of the film.
And one of the best in movie history.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:55 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And one of the best in movie history.
I won't disagree with that.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:29 AM 08-25-2020
You know after watching it again as an adult and as big of a prick as Walter Peck was, he was kinda right. He's an EPA agent doing his job, trying to get a peak at this clearly dangerous weird machine these guys have in the middle of Manhattan. Right off the bat when he introduces himself, Venkman intentionally slimes his hand and his suit jacket and acted like an arrogant prick. Wouldn't let him see the containment unit without "saying please" and then when he says please Venkman still refuses. Peck then says well I guess I'll have to come back with a court order and Venkman explodes and yells at him, threatening to sue his ass if he does. The only reason we were on his side is because it's Bill Murray and we like that he's an arrogant prick. Plus the actor playing Peck was good at being smarmy and unlikeable.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:36 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
You know after watching it again as an adult and as big of a prick as Walter Peck was, he was kinda right. He's an EPA agent doing his job, trying to get a peak at this clearly dangerous weird machine these guys have in the middle of Manhattan. Right off the bat when he introduces himself, Venkman intentionally slimes his hand and his suit jacket and acted like an arrogant prick. Wouldn't let him see the containment unit without "saying please" and then when he says please Venkman still refuses. Peck then says well I guess I'll have to come back with a court order and Venkman explodes and yells at him, threatening to sue his ass if he does. The only reason we were on his side is because it's Bill Murray and we like that he's an arrogant prick. Plus the actor playing Peck was good at being smarmy and unlikeable.
Whose side are you on, man!!???!!

[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up