ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 221 of 295
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:52 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kelce is getting so much heat over the middle that I really can't understand why we aren't releasing backs into the pattern over the middle. Simple dagger/arrow routes and stuff like that.

It could help take the spy off Mahomes. It could help Kelce take a little less of a beating. If Kelce isn't getting beat up as badly you won't have to put him in the slot as often to get him a clean release. If you don't need to put him in the slot, you can put him in-line and give the RT more help (critical if it's going to be Wylie again but beneficial regardless of who's there).

And if that's NOT how opposing defenses deal with it, then they'll deal with it by pulling a safety down into the box to pick the RB up out of the backfield. And now you're out of your 2-high looks.

I feel like maybe I don't understand football anymore because some of this stuff seems so damn self-evident and we just. aren't. doing it. I'm really puzzled.
Agreed completely. What’s more bewildering is on draft day CEH was advertised as a the perfect antidote to the 2 high look. He was an advanced route runner with good hands who could be relied on to get chunk gains between 5-15 yards when Patrick’s other options were taken away. But that just… hasn’t happened? Instead in year one the focus became entirely on him as a runner (which, he did good, but his main draw had been his receiving abilities) and there was little effort to even get him involved in the screen game. It just doesn’t make sense - especially when we’ve seen what a RB catching out of the backfield can do in this offense with Hunt and playoff Williams.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:53 PM 11-10-2021
maybe a coincidence - but with a full-game of CEH, the offense was averaging 33.5 per game.

Without a full-game of CEH, the offense has averaged 17.4.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:55 PM 11-10-2021
Fumble
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:58 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Agreed completely. What’s more bewildering is on draft day CEH was advertised as a the perfect antidote to the 2 high look. He was an advanced route runner with good hands who could be relied on to get chunk gains between 5-15 yards when Patrick’s other options were taken away. But that just… hasn’t happened? Instead in year one the focus became entirely on him as a runner (which, he did good, but his main draw had been his receiving abilities) and there was little effort to even get him involved in the screen game. It just doesn’t make sense - especially when we’ve seen what a RB catching out of the backfield can do in this offense with Hunt and playoff Williams.
I agree. I was predicting huge numbers for Clyde based on what he did in college and how he should be the perfect fit in KC for this offense. I have no earthly idea why it went the way it did.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:58 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
maybe a coincidence - but with a full-game of CEH, the offense was averaging 33.5 per game.

Without a full-game of CEH, the offense has averaged 17.4.
It's not a coincidence.

The CEH hate around here was always a bunch of bullshit. Like i said, once a narrative gets started on this forum there's no slowing it down. Especially when the stupids get ahold of it.

He had a bad week 1. No doubt.

Followed by a decent week 2 that was marred by a game losing turnover.

From that point forward he was pretty dang good.

It took a few weeks of D. Williams (who's a decent backup) for people to realize how good CEH actually is.

Sadly, i don't think the "CEH SUCKS" narrative will ever drop.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:59 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Should be, but none of our RBs have speed.

Clyde averaged 4.4 last year when he was far healthier.

He had two absolutely huge YPC games this year when he was running through astronomical holes against really bad run defenses (LAC and PHI).

That has skewed his average thus far.

His other three games he was averaging 3 YPC.

He likely ends up around 4 YPC as he recovers from his injuries, and with teams far better situated to stop our rushing attack at this point.

The Chiefs cannot count on Clyde next season. I doubt he even breaks the end zone again this year.
I'll never understand how people can arbitrarily throw out games in one situation and then compare it to another where they don't and then expect it to mean something.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:01 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I agree. I was predicting huge numbers for Clyde based on what he did in college and how he should be the perfect fit in KC for this offense. I have no earthly idea why it went the way it did.
He was likely a 1200 yard back if he doesn't get injured last season.

IIRC, he was a top 5 rusher in the league prior to getting hurt. There weren't any big splash plays and that's obviously the barometer for how much a player sucks around here.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:01 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'll never understand how people can arbitrarily throw out games in one situation and then compare it to another where they don't and then expect it to mean something.
yeah, I mean if you only count the games Derrick Henry played against KC in the last two years, he's a pretty average running back.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:06 PM 11-10-2021
There is a huge disparity in his YPC. Same was true last year, too.

He's just not a consistent player and it's because he lacks any special ability.

He's dependent on the OL.

That's what it means.

He won't end up anywhere near 4.9 YPC.

Nothing wrong with 4 YPC but that's what he is. RB2
[Reply]
BossChief 04:07 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's not a coincidence.

The CEH hate around here was always a bunch of bullshit. Like i said, once a narrative gets started on this forum there's no slowing it down. Especially when the stupids get ahold of it.

He had a bad week 1. No doubt.

Followed by a decent week 2 that was marred by a game losing turnover.

From that point forward he was pretty dang good.

It took a few weeks of D. Williams (who's a decent backup) for people to realize how good CEH actually is.

Sadly, i don't think the "CEH SUCKS" narrative will ever drop.
I agree.

He’s a solid back that can do about everything well. I think people just want to see a “running backs in the first round” have elite traits. Clyde doesn’t have a single elite trait…his unique skill is being able to do everything well. He doesn’t give you those “holy shit did you see that” type plays you get from a Jamaal Charles, but he also doesn’t typically go down on first contact much. He also makes tiny gains out of plays that would usually go for a big loss fairly routinely, as well.

I’d definitely like to see a lot more from Gore though.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:16 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I agree.

He’s a solid back that can do about everything well. I think people just want to see a “running backs in the first round” have elite traits. Clyde doesn’t have a single elite trait…his unique skill is being able to do everything well. He doesn’t give you those “holy shit did you see that” type plays you get from a Jamaal Charles, but he also doesn’t typically go down on first contact much. He also makes tiny gains out of plays that would usually go for a big loss fairly routinely, as well.

I’d definitely like to see a lot more from Gore though.
I disagree, to some extent. His lateral quickness was elite, and likely still is, if healthy. Pre-draft, his vision was elite. With the line coming together, this should improve as well.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:18 PM 11-10-2021
Detractors of Damien Williams did with him, too.

"His 4.5 YPC shouldn't count because it was buffered by multiple 80+ yard runs yada yada"

I have no real qualms with CEH as a runner. It's more with how he's been used in the offense and Andy's situational playcalling with him -- and I will have issues if he doesn't emerge as a pass catcher this season. This offense can't have a RB who is unable to provide that impact for Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:23 PM 11-10-2021
I wouldn't "throw out" those games but they are not a true indicator of his ability. Those holes vs Philly were massive.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:24 PM 11-10-2021
All that can really be said to his defenders right now is, show me

Whole lotta talk about how he's been unfairly badmouthed, well he'll be back in the rotation soon, so... show me

Actually do WANT to be wrong about him, we'll see...
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:26 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I wouldn't "throw out" those games but they are not a true indicator of his ability. Those holes vs Philly were massive.

[Reply]

Page 221 of 295
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271 > Last »
Up