ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 220 of 295
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TribalElder 02:50 PM 11-10-2021
CEH back at practice today
[Reply]
BWillie 02:56 PM 11-10-2021
2021 YPC
Darrell Williams 3.6
Derrick Gore 4.4
CEH 4.7

Your eyes are deceiving you. There is a reason CEH is our feature back.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:01 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
2021 YPC
Darrell Williams 3.6
Derrick Gore 4.4
CEH 4.7

Your eyes are deceiving you. There is a reason CEH is our feature back.
I think the non-idiots understand this pretty clearly. If CEH is healthy, he's clearly the best choice.

Chief Fan simply decided he didn't like CEH and that was that. We have too much pride around here to go around changing our minds due to little things like data/reality.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think the non-idiots understand this pretty clearly. If CEH is healthy, he's clearly the best choice.

Chief Fan simply decided he didn't like CEH and that was that. We have too much pride around here to go around changing our minds due to little things like data/reality.
I don't think the question is whether or not he's be the best choice (I've said that for some time; Gore doesn't impress me).

The question is whether he's a good enough choice to justify a strong shift in philosophy.
[Reply]
TribalElder 03:02 PM 11-10-2021
Lets go CEH

team is done with turnovers, time to turn up and run the table

lets eat
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:04 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think the question is whether or not he's be the best choice (I've said that for some time; Gore doesn't impress me).

The question is whether he's a good enough choice to justify a strong shift in philosophy.
Clearly not. He's not Derrick Henry and he's not going to be. Take the runs that are there, catch some passes, and figure out leverage for pass-pro. That's his recipe for success, IMO.

Honestly, I just hope he's healthy/ready. If not, he should wait until he is.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:18 PM 11-10-2021
I just want CEH to emerge as a pass catcher and be serviceable as a blocker out of the backfield. This would add more of a dimension to this offense than anything else.

If he can't or is simply unable to be the guy on 3rd and longs, I don't think he can fulfill the needed responsibilities of a RB in this offense.
[Reply]
TLO 03:23 PM 11-10-2021
Our offensive line is opining holes that would rival Octomoms vagina.

CEH is gonna feast.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I just want CEH to emerge as a pass catcher and be serviceable as a blocker out of the backfield. This would add more of a dimension to this offense than anything else.

If he can't or is unable to do that, I don't think he can fulfill the needed responsibilities of a RB in this offense.
Kelce is getting so much heat over the middle that I really can't understand why we aren't releasing backs into the pattern over the middle. Simple dagger/arrow routes and stuff like that.

It could help take the spy off Mahomes. It could help Kelce take a little less of a beating. If Kelce isn't getting beat up as badly you won't have to put him in the slot as often to get him a clean release. If you don't need to put him in the slot, you can put him in-line and give the RT more help (critical if it's going to be Wylie again but beneficial regardless of who's there).

And if that's NOT how opposing defenses deal with it, then they'll deal with it by pulling a safety down into the box to pick the RB up out of the backfield. And now you're out of your 2-high looks.

I feel like maybe I don't understand football anymore because some of this stuff seems so damn self-evident and we just. aren't. doing it. I'm really puzzled.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:29 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Our offensive line is opining holes that would rival Octomoms vagina.

CEH is gonna feast.
Yep.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:30 PM 11-10-2021
CEH's YPC was dipping when he got hurt.

I expect he'll end up around 4.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:35 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
CEH's YPC was dipping when he got hurt.

I expect he'll end up around 4.
4.6 to 4.9

It should be remarkably easy to run in this Chiefs offense. It's possible that all of our RB's are so bad that it's just difficult to see it since you automatically get a huge boost by not having to run with so many people in the box - like you would have to do if you were on other teams.

Damien Williams was a 3.6 to 3.7 ypc back and comes here and immediately was a 4.5 to 5.1 YPC back.

CEH is going to feast when he returns.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
4.6 to 4.9

It should be remarkably easy to run in this Chiefs offense.
Should be, but none of our RBs have speed.

Clyde averaged 4.4 last year when he was far healthier.

He had two absolutely huge YPC games this year when he was running through astronomical holes against really bad run defenses (LAC and PHI).

That has skewed his average thus far.

His other three games he was averaging 3 YPC.

He likely ends up around 4 YPC as he recovers from his injuries, and with teams far better situated to stop our rushing attack at this point.

The Chiefs cannot count on Clyde next season. I doubt he even breaks the end zone again this year.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:45 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kelce is getting so much heat over the middle that I really can't understand why we aren't releasing backs into the pattern over the middle. Simple dagger/arrow routes and stuff like that.

It could help take the spy off Mahomes. It could help Kelce take a little less of a beating. If Kelce isn't getting beat up as badly you won't have to put him in the slot as often to get him a clean release. If you don't need to put him in the slot, you can put him in-line and give the RT more help (critical if it's going to be Wylie again but beneficial regardless of who's there).

And if that's NOT how opposing defenses deal with it, then they'll deal with it by pulling a safety down into the box to pick the RB up out of the backfield. And now you're out of your 2-high looks.

I feel like maybe I don't understand football anymore because some of this stuff seems so damn self-evident and we just. aren't. doing it. I'm really puzzled.
Yeah, I don't disagree at all. He needs to be in patterns. Clearly, Darrel isn't the answer out of the backfield.
[Reply]
TEX 03:47 PM 11-10-2021
Still can't believe we drafted CEH over Jonathan Taylor...:-)
[Reply]
Page 220 of 295
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270 > Last »
Up