ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 218 of 295
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:46 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
CEH had great vision and was a fantastic receiver.

I imagine the thinking was that he would be a dual-threat weapon in the KC offense.

The receiver part never took off because he never really has gotten better at pass pro. You don't get to get catches if you can't pass block as a RB well.

That said pre-draft, I thought it was

1.Swift
2.Taylor
3.Dobbins

4.CEH

I really liked CEH. But I don't get why they didn't like Swift or Taylor more.
I didn't see a single pre-draft ranking that had CEH as the top RB. It was a mistake, I hope Veach learns from it. That being said, I still think CEH can be an average-ish starting RB in the NFL. That has value but he gets (perhaps unfairly) criticized because he was taken in the first round and before more talented backs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:40 AM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I didn't see a single pre-draft ranking that had CEH as the top RB. It was a mistake, I hope Veach learns from it. That being said, I still think CEH can be an average-ish starting RB in the NFL. That has value but he gets (perhaps unfairly) criticized because he was taken in the first round and before more talented backs.

The Chiefs could have DK Metcalf & Jonathan Taylor instead of Hardman & CEH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Shaid 07:56 AM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Got to call a spade a spade. He's just an extremely mediocre back we over drafted. Probably the biggest miss of Veach's tenure but oh well.

Just amazes me we actually thought wasting a first round pick on a HB made any fucking sense. Insane lol.
He was highly regarded coming out. One thing that seems to be forgotten is with a 1st round pick, you get that 5th year option. So if you can get a great RB for 5 years and then can move on from him when it's time for a big contract, you win. I don't necessarily agree with using one there but with the last pick in the first round you can lock up a key starter on a rookie deal for 5 years, I don't think it was insane. It just hasn't worked out like you'd hope.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:03 AM 10-21-2021
I sometimes wonder where CEH would be picked if he was playing in this year's LSU offense rather than that ridiculously talented 2019 offense. Playing alongside Burrow, Jefferson and Chase probably helped him quite a bit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:40 AM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Give this Gore kid a shot and just run the damn thing down their throats. Chiefs have a strong interior OL, one of best in the league even with 2 rookies. CEH can not run between the tackles. Gore and Williams can.
Gore fucking sucks.

So do you.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:42 AM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I just showed you several posts by YOU bragging about CEH breaking tackles and making multiple cuts :-)

This is why nobody takes your football takes seriously, you are as fickle as a woman and will change your mind on a whim and then try to talk like you know what you are seeing.

I mean you were obviously either wrong before or wrong now right? Pretty easy to eventually be right when you just randomly switch back and forth on opinions given any 4 game stretch.

You need to stick to gifs and videos.
You don't get it.

CEH was GREAT last year as a rookie in several games...and hasn't been the same since.

The most notable thing he has done this year is fumble away two games.

I can't think of a single highlight play he made this year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:49 PM 11-01-2021

CEH clocking into work tomorrow pic.twitter.com/tMPzHqmG4x

— Aaron Ladd (@aaronladd0) November 2, 2021

[Reply]
jd1020 11:52 PM 11-01-2021
Looks more like Darrel Williams than CEH to me.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:56 PM 11-01-2021
Gore showed great vision, decisiveness, physicality and drive when he got the ball tonight. The whole offense was most effective on drives with a balanced attack.

Clyde has the worst vision of the 3 backs.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 02:36 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Gore ****ing sucks.

So do you.
Nice take
[Reply]
TEX 05:40 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gore showed great vision, decisiveness, physicality and drive when he got the ball tonight. The whole offense was most effective on drives with a balanced attack.

Clyde has the worst vision of the 3 backs.
No doubt.
[Reply]
TEX 05:42 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You don't get it.

CEH was GREAT last year as a rookie in several games...and hasn't been the same since.

The most notable thing he has done this year is fumble away two games.

I can't think of a single highlight play he made this year.
There was that one time, at band camp, where he...
[Reply]
notorious 05:43 AM 11-02-2021
Our line has been opening massive holes, the RB's are now finding them.

I don't think Gore is any better than CEH, they are both JAGS.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:45 AM 11-02-2021
Why the fook did we not run more in the 2nd half? We were destroying their line. It make zero damn sense with basically 6.5 guys in the box. Have no idea whats going on between Andy and Eric

Another observation: Patrick hesitates on every throw now and he limped badly after a run out of bounds. I think his toe is still a problem for sure
[Reply]
notorious 05:46 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Why the fook did we not run more in the 2nd half? We were destroying their line. It make zero damn sense with basically 6.5 guys in the box. Have no idea whats going on between Andy and Eric
They started to pile of our 1st down runs.

It was becoming predictable.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 295
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268 > Last »
Up