ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 27
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All I Have is a Photograph....
gblowfish 08:05 PM 04-05-2020
With all the shelter at home stuff, thought I'd start a fun thread to help get our minds on better times. I am not a professional or high level amateur photographer, but I have taken some cool pictures over the years. If you've taken pictures that you're proud of, how bout posting a couple,and explaining what they are?

I'll Start:

St. Louis July 2003. I was staying downtown in that beer can shaped hotel by the arch. I got a call around midnight that my mom was taken to ICU in Arkansas, and was in bad shape. I got up at dawn as the sun was rising over the Mississippi river. I took this picture looking east. Went to the chapel in the center and said a prayer for my parents. Mom got out of ICU 66 days later.

Alley Springs, MO: From around 2002, near Eminence,MO.

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia,MO. Shot at sundown in downtown Sedalia.

Desoto Sign, Carthage, MO. On a trip to Arkansas, took the scenic route 2018.

Missouri Hwy 13 Bridge, Lexington, MO: Looking north during the flood of 1993.
Attached: Arch Steeple.jpg (97.8 KB) Alleyspring.jpg (113.8 KB) bothwell.jpg (104.9 KB) DeSoto2.jpg (99.2 KB) lexbridge1993.jpg (108.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:45 PM 04-05-2020
I'll be damned, it sure enough has been replaced. Old one was cantilever style.

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:47 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I did a bridge:

:-) Did you just run out somewhere and take that? I hope you followed social distancing protocols.
[Reply]
eDave 11:51 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
:-) Did you just run out somewhere and take that? I hope you followed social distancing protocols.
I took that first of October last year when I was in Atchison. I am sitting on the bank of the Missouri River. Behind Mueller's.
[Reply]
eDave 12:02 AM 04-06-2020
The sun breaking through the clouds overlooking Sheridan, WY and the Big Horn mountains in the background. I fell in love with Wyoming on this evening.

Reminded me of this:

[Reply]
Bugeater 12:08 AM 04-06-2020
I took that first of October last year when I was in Atchison. I am sitting on the bank of the Missouri River. Behind Mueller's.
Oh hell, that's the swing bridge in the foreground. We have a very similar one here that is now a historical landmark.

[Reply]
Bugeater 12:10 AM 04-06-2020
Reminded me of this:

That is a cool pic, the creepy black cloud is a nice touch.
[Reply]
eDave 12:16 AM 04-06-2020
That is a cool pic, the creepy black cloud is a nice touch.
That was a few weeks ago. AZ rains are spectacular. This one was a really good soak.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:26 AM 04-06-2020
That was a few weeks ago. AZ rains are spectacular. This one was a really good soak.
I've only been to Phoenix once, and from what I saw, it was hard to believe it ever rained there...well...ever. lol
[Reply]
eDave 12:28 AM 04-06-2020
I've only been to Phoenix once, and from what I saw, it was hard to believe it ever rained there...well...ever. lol
That's why it's spectacular. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 12:35 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Garuda performing in some small club in Shibuya, Tokyo.

Pond and Tea house at the back of the Tokyo National Museum

Front of Nijo Palace in Kyoto

Looking into the center court of Kyoto Imperial Palace.
These are really good shots.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:41 AM 04-06-2020
I wish I was there right about now. Social distancing isn't a problem. :-)
Yeah - we were planning on heading out to our place to (hopefully) get our house finished, but the Wife decided it wasn't safe for me to travel tight now (immuno compromised). So, we'll have to wait for this crap to be lifted and over with - then we'll head out.

Oh well.............
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:51 AM 04-06-2020
I'm standing at the very back of my yard. My house in the center... and a LOT of sky.

One of my 13 apple trees currently in bloom.

[Reply]
Rain Man 01:00 AM 04-06-2020
That's a big yard.
[Reply]
eDave 01:05 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's a big yard.
Wonder what he pays the neighbor kid to mow that thing.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:14 AM 04-06-2020
Wonder what he pays the neighbor kid to mow that thing.
I have a Gravely ZT HD with a 60 inch deck to handle the vast majority of the yard. The rest I have a neighbor who comes to get hay for his cows. He gets roughly 3 bales for him and one for me. It takes me about 3 hours to mow it including a path all the way around the property.

I plan on planting about 100 trees in the area that is currently being hayed and making it something of a forest with a clearing in the center to camp during the summer and set up a corn feeder in the winter.

Arial view... follow the stripe on the right sid eof time image and that is where my property ends. You can clearly see the mowed vs un-mowed areas.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 27
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up