ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>If you're not in on HBO's Succession ...
Discuss Thrower 02:10 PM 09-07-2019
.. then you're missing out. It's like a harder edge Dallas laced with great dialogue peppered with dark humor.

Boar on the fucking floor.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:49 AM 10-25-2021
'I can't eat shit Marcia, . . I just can't, . . . but I can get. . . . distracted.'

That is BALLER writing and acting.

Oh, and 'it's a STRETCH? It's a fucking scrotum over a tympani drum'

Overall, this was a TOP TIER episode, worthy of a Stefon

[Reply]
KCUnited 03:24 PM 10-25-2021
Finally got time to watch ep 1 of the new season and enjoyed it.

It almost seems too good at this point and my cynical side has me hoping it doesn't get overworked into a parody of itself, but I'm committed to enjoying the ride.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:42 AM 10-28-2021
It's done well...pretty linear. Nothing new or original...acting is good...probably the strongest part. Superficial view of the ultra-rich/powerful...Soundtrack is good. Fits in a Godfather-esque way.

The fatal flaw is none of the characters have any redeemable qualities or depth...there is no internal spiritual strife/introspection. There isn't much development...

This is where a show like The Wire smokes it...the characters were flawed but accessible. In this show...I dont care if any of them die.

Its basically a glorified soap opera...where the main context is a contentious stream of ****ing everyone over and indifferent about it.
[Reply]
Cheater5 10:59 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It's done well...pretty linear. Nothing new or original...acting is good...probably the strongest part. Superficial view of the ultra-rich/powerful...Soundtrack is good. Fits in a Godfather-esque way.

The fatal flaw is none of the characters have any redeemable qualities or depth...there is no internal spiritual strife/introspection. There isn't much development...

This is where a show like The Wire smokes it...the characters were flawed but accessible. In this show...I dont care if any of them die.

Its basically a glorified soap opera...where the main context is a contentious stream of ****ing everyone over and indifferent about it.

The bolded part above is what I am stuck on, and we're only two episodes into Season One. Nobody is relatable, and every character is, well...almost completely unlikeable. I don't care about anyone. This is one of the reasons we gave up on White Lotus after four episodes.

I may gut it out based on the recommendations, hoping it gets better.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:24 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Originally Posted by Cheater5:
The bolded part above is what I am stuck on, and we're only two episodes into Season One. Nobody is relatable, and every character is, well...almost completely unlikeable. I don't care about anyone. This is one of the reasons we gave up on White Lotus after four episodes.

I may gut it out based on the recommendations, hoping it gets better.
I don't think likeable or relatable is the point. The narrative is Shakespearian, so you mix unlikeability with a sense of being driven by events beyond even their control. So first you develop a sense of the complexity of their situations, then you get little humanizing, or at least justifying peeks into the corners, shadows and closets of their lives.

And the rest is just the richness of the prose and the performances.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:36 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I don't think likeable or relatable is the point. The narrative is Shakespearian, so you mix unlikeability with a sense of being driven by events beyond even their control. So first you develop a sense of the complexity of their situations, then you get little humanizing, or at least justifying peeks into the corners, shadows and closets of their lives.

I think it's refreshing the showrunners aren't trying to shoehorn in contrived vehicles to make the characters "develop" over the course of the story. Really plays onto the voyeuristic method of storytelling, and how no one really changes, only the story around us does. Hell,
Spoiler!

If anything, I am enjoying how the creators are keeping the characters relatively unchanged, but showing us how they would "naturally" react to events.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:57 AM 10-30-2021

You obviously find this show a lot more compelling than I do...Shakespearean?

It's a one watch series with good production/acting....not master work of art. It's pretty much forgettable the moment it's over...

There is not one single aspect of this show that is original...not one. There really hasn't been one line of dialogue that I found thought provoking....maybe the scrotum stretched over a drum.

It's good for what it is and I'd recommend it for a time killer...direction is cookie-cutter/faceless.

It is was it is...you HAD to have noticed the end of season one was ridiculous. It was pretty bad...I was like meh...umm...OK...I guess I'll try to believe it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:46 PM 10-31-2021

[Reply]
blazzin311 03:18 AM 11-01-2021
This show is a bit like a mix between, 1980s "Dynasty" and, "Game of Thrones" on Crack! Whereas, except for Greg, and Gerri, basically all of the Characters are quite Despicable....and I absofuckinlutely love it! That "Nirvanna" Song made me laugh so hard too! I'm just waiting for Dumb, but Lovable, Greg to be CEO, and leave Logan and his rotten Kids, out in the Cold. Lol. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:05 AM 11-09-2021
Too much sun!!

Or

Too much son?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:01 AM 11-10-2021
Tom Theory:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:26 AM 11-15-2021
The belligerent zucchini.

Did you get it caught?

And, . . . Gerri's atomic headshake at Kendall's 'everything I built'
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:54 AM 11-15-2021
Much hilarity.

Stretch it out... Let me introduce Gerry :-)
[Reply]
NEOM 04:56 AM 11-15-2021
The belligerent zucchini.

Did you get it caught?

And, . . . Gerri's atomic headshake at Kendall's 'everything I built'
The problem with Kendall is, just like with Shiv, both of them think so highly about themselves. Noones's smarter than me, is their approach. In regards to Kendall it is getting ridicules, how many times he got sidelined. Look at the end of tonight's episode, thinking that his father will come to him, probably thanking him for making making the deal, saving the company, without any shred of doubt that he might have overplayed his hand. I dont really see him coming back from this, especially running the company or being close to his siblings and father again. No one really sees value in him. The solution for can only be outside the company.

I also think that Shiv will be a on the losing end of the game, you can clearly see the dislike she's getting from almost all people within the company. It would be a poetic justice, if Tom screws her somehow over.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 11-18-2021
Con was great in the last episode when the Prez was on the phone.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up