ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1011 of 2678
« First < 11511911961100110071008100910101011 101210131014101510211061111115112011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:15 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Mahomes definitely has an assassin type attitude. Brady has it, Rodgers has it, Brees has it pretty much all the elite QBs have it. Like you said he is aggressive, he wants to score every single time and he's not intimidated by defenses whether is is a blitz or a disguise coverage he's going to stay aggressive.

Alex Smith, you sack him once or twice he tended to get happy feet and panic far too often. Alex Smith is a 'play it safe' type QB as opposed to Mahomes, Big Ben, Brady or Rodgers who are aggressive. As much as I like Alex Smith he's not the type of QB who is going to lead an offense to score a lot of pts week in week out. With Mahomes the offense is exactly that type of offense.

This offense with our weapons and a more aggressive QB is going to be very hard to stop. You can't double Hill, Kelce and Watson all at once. Someone is going to get a good matchup out of those three. And we still have Hunt out of the backfield along with Conely who I think is a great #3 WR.

To me our biggest weakness on offense is our offensive line but i feel like they played pretty good last game and we can use quick passes to mitigate that. Broncos and teams with a great pass rush are going to be a challenge but as long as Mahomes can get rid of the ball quickly we should be alright.

Anyway, I don't think you could ask for a better beginning for Mahomes/this offense. Hopefully they keep putting a lot of pts on the board every single game. We haven't had an offense like that since the Vermeil years and an offense like that will take the pressure off of our defense who frankly sucks right now.
Wait, were you invited on this wagon? You were one of the biggest Alex Smith apologists here. You don't deserve this.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 03:16 PM 09-18-2018
So far -- touch wood, since I didn't think they would be -- the OL has been pretty good. All you can ask for when you don't have guys like Tyron Smith anchoring. On paper, we have literally no weakness on offense. I mean unless you wanna get nitpicky and say Cam Erving sucks, which he always has, but maybe it's Mahomes making him look half-decent. We're probably one of the most unbalanced teams in NFL history. I can't think of any team that had so much talent on one side, and so little on the other (and no, a brokedick Houston is not "a talent", he's a goddamn albatross).
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:20 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Wait, were you invited on this wagon? You were one of the biggest Alex Smith apologists here. You don't deserve this.

That's what they said about Zacchaeus the tax collector and Mary Magdalene.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:32 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I love Alex Smith. I still do but there is no denying he has his weaknesses and he is a play it safe type QB. I also may have been wrong about how much he was holding the offense back but keep in mind Alex Smith did not have Watson last season.

Anyway just because I defended Alex Smith doesn't mean I can't get excited about Mahomes. My loyalty is to the Chiefs first and foremost. I'm not an Alex Smith only fan I'm a Chiefs fan. Finally we have a QB we can call our own so of course I'm excited...

I mean when is the last time we drafted a QB and he was good? I don't even think I was born so with that in mind this is a really exciting time to be a Chiefs fan...
[Reply]
RunKC 03:33 PM 09-18-2018
Chiefs have been in the red zone 6 times. Here’s what happened:

1. TD
2. TD
3. TD
4. TD
5. TD
6. TD

:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:33 PM 09-18-2018
If I had time to photoshop Pat's face on the statue of liberty I'd post it right here.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:39 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I love Alex Smith. I still do but there is no denying he has his weaknesses and he is a play it safe type QB. I also may have been wrong about how much he was holding the offense back but keep in mind Alex Smith did not have Watson last season.
Yes, because having Watson on the team would have really forced Alex Smith to be a consistently aggressive QB... :-)

Anyway, welcome to the orgy.
But we all know, you originally wanted to stay home and bang the ugly chick.
[Reply]
FAX 03:40 PM 09-18-2018
How many FGs have we attempted so far this year?

FAX
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:43 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

1. TD
2. TD
3. TD
4. TD
5. TD
6. TD

[Reply]
KC Hawks 03:44 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
One.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:46 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:49 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
One.

[Reply]
DRM08 03:51 PM 09-18-2018
I think the Steelers game is an example where the QB can overcome a chokejob by the coaches. That game looked like another Reid collapse, but Mahomes simply refused to let that game slip away. Meanwhile Big Ben was not able to match him on the 21 points in 2nd half.
[Reply]
Best22 04:04 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think the Steelers game is an example where the QB can overcome a chokejob by the coaches. That game looked like another Reid collapse, but Mahomes simply refused to let that game slip away. Meanwhile Big Ben was not able to match him on the 21 points in 2nd half.
Disagree. Andy Reid was aggressive all game. The team made line adjustments at halftime which kept the pressure at bay. I mean, it was 42-28 and Reid called a deep sideline bomb to Tyreek Hill on our 1 yard line

It was a textbook game and KC was aggressive and played to their strengths for 60 minutes. Reid badly out-coached Tomlin/Butler
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 04:33 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

1. TD
2. TD
3. TD
4. TD
5. TD
6. TD

Strange what happens when you switch to an aggressive QB that’s not afraid of making a mistake. Thank god
[Reply]
Page 1011 of 2678
« First < 11511911961100110071008100910101011 101210131014101510211061111115112011 > Last »
Up