Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:43 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
They're stuck with him on the roster for at least another year or so, but I wonder when they'll bench him? That's the REAL question now...How far will go to die on that hill?
I guess they can cut him post June 1 after next season and swallow a $50M cap hit, but that doesn't actually save them anything against the 2024 cap. And then they have the huge hit in 2025.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:45 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
They're stuck with him on the roster for at least another year or so, but I wonder when they'll bench him? That's the REAL question now...How far will go to die on that hill?
If they bench him, they may as well cut him. Either way their cap is fucked
[Reply]
crispystl 09:45 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I guess they can cut him post June 1 after next season and swallow a $50M cap hit, but that doesn't actually save them anything against the 2024 cap. And then they have the huge hit in 2025.
It's just beautiful. I don't think I could've written it any better for them!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
If they bench him, they may as well cut him. Either way their cap is fucked
Their cap was fucked the minute they signed him long-term. They're stuck with him now.
[Reply]
TEX 09:49 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Broncos stuck with Mr. Limited for at least 2 more seasons after this one, with a monster cap hit the year after that if they cut him, while he also sucks up a quarter of their cap, severely limiting their ability to sign big-ticket free agents or retain all of their own stars?

Oh, darn.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of entitled pricks.
That's really the icing on the cake right there. :-)
[Reply]
crispystl 09:51 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
If they bench him, they may as well cut him. Either way their cap is ****ed
I feel like they'll bench him first and give everyone some load of bullshit about a "reset" or some BS like in NY. I think they'll try to ease into admitting he was a HUGE mistake. IMOP they'll see Cutting his ass (without benching him for a bit first) as the more detrimental of the two scenarios from a PR standpoint.

Now if I were a Denver fan I'd prefer they just cut him, but the front office is gonna fluff this shit.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:55 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Their cap was fucked the minute they signed him long-term. They're stuck with him now.
Yep, nobody is trading for him and that contract, much less his current production levels. Wilson will retire a Bronco with millions of unearned WalMart bucks.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:58 AM 12-02-2022
It is possible for the Broncos to get out of this mess but it won’t be easy. The Eagles did this with Carson Wentz and he was in a similar situation.

There will always be one desperate team ready to trade for him especially with the Broncos footing most of the bill.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:59 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It is possible for the Broncos to get out of this mess but it won’t be easy. The Eagles did this with Carson Wentz and he was in a similar situation.

There will always be one desperate team ready to trade for him especially with the Broncos footing most of the bill.
That's going to be one desperate fucking team that trades for Russ, lol.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:01 AM 12-02-2022

The gm that would trade for him with that contract should be fired today
[Reply]
crispystl 10:03 AM 12-02-2022

No way. Carson Wentz was WAY younger and about half as much guaranteed.
At least there was a CHANCE Wentz would return back to his MVP from.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:07 AM 12-02-2022

When Carson Wentz was traded, the dead cap hit was 35.4mm.

If Russel Wilson is traded after this season, the dead cap will be 107mm. If after next season, 85mm. The year after that, 49.6mm. And after that, 31.2mm.

This is nowhere near the Carson Wentz situation from a contract perspective.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:11 AM 12-02-2022
Saw the thread title this morning and almost panicked. I thought it said, "Broncos Trade Russel Wilson". That'd be fucking horrible. I need to get more sleep.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:14 AM 12-02-2022

Well, it was Frank Reich that insisted the Colts trade for him. I don't think Pete Carroll is going to be clamoring for him anytime soon.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:20 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you have to custom-tailor your offense to address your QB's limitations, you're already fucked. How do you not get that?
To be fair, Baltimore does that and seem pretty successful with it. But I agree with you for the most part.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 66
« First < 14546061626364 6566 >
Up