Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 04:18 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Seahawks allowed 46 sacks.

The Broncos allowed 40.
I have to wonder how much of that is Russ being a shitty cook.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:21 PM 03-08-2022
The Seahawks allowed 46 sacks.

The Broncos allowed 40.
How many sacks did Russell Wilson run his way out of?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:23 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
How many sacks did Russell Wilson run his way out of?
Idk how many did he hold the ball too long for?

You realize that’s been a criticism of his play, correct?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:24 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Man. It would be glorious if they still sucked and somehow lock flips the switch this year.

Imagine the donks with back to back 3 win seasons and the Seahawks winning the division. Pile high would have a meltdown.
Well, I could always spend an early pick on Russell in my main fantasy money league draft next August.

Given the last six years, that should give a 30% chance of a torn ACL and an otherwise high chance of a suckage season...

:-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:24 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Which is why anyone saying the Broncos got raped is clueless.
If the Broncos don’t win or make a SB with Wilson, it’s not good for them long term.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:26 PM 03-08-2022
I'm surprised so many people in here are denouncing this trade. What are you going to do, wait 20 years until Mahomes and Herbert quit? This is a certainly reasonable trade. If you were in a weak division, maybe not so much. I actually like it. Sure - you could go down in flames and you bet your ass your gonna suck in 5 years but might as well go for it.

Russell Wilson is a top 5 QB in this league, period. And he's only 33. Which these days and how they protect the QB is relatively young. Dude throws the best deep ball in the game. Courtland Sutton is doing fist pumps right now.
[Reply]
Bump 04:27 PM 03-08-2022
that's a big move damn
[Reply]
BWillie 04:27 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
If the Broncos don’t win or make a SB with Wilson, it’s not good for them long term.
What difference does it really make? They are completely screwed without Russell Wilson in a division with Mahomes and Herbert. With Wilson? Maybe you have a punchers chance. I mean, I doubt it, but maybe.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:28 PM 03-08-2022
It’s really as simple as that.

Win a Super Bowl = Great trade

Don’t even make a Super Bowl = Bad trade
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 04:29 PM 03-08-2022
Them making a SB will be no small chore considering how loaded the AFC is right now with young star QBs on ascending teams. Good for them though, big improvement over what they had. Definitely a playoff contender.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:30 PM 03-08-2022
Idk how many did he hold the ball too long for?

You realize that’s been a criticism of his play, correct?
As all QB’s have criticism. It’s also fair to see that Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Chandler Jones and Nick Bosa are all in his division. Probably the best pass rushing division in the league.

That didn’t help
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:33 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What difference does it really make? They are completely screwed without Russell Wilson in a division with Mahomes and Herbert. With Wilson? Maybe you have a punchers chance. I mean, I doubt it, but maybe.
They gave away a shit ton of capital to upgrade at QB and maybe lose in the WC or divisional round.

Do that for a few years and pick early 20s without a long term solution at QB while paying Russ a shit ton will do more damage than good if they win a SB.

Draft a QB in the first with less cap hit and not having to give up additional picks if you don’t think you’ll win a SB with Russ.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:39 PM 03-08-2022
They gave away a shit ton of capital to upgrade at QB and maybe lose in the WC or divisional round.

Do that for a few years and pick early 20s without a long term solution at QB while paying Russ a shit ton will do more damage than good if they win a SB.

Draft a QB in the first with less cap hit and not having to give up additional picks if you don’t think you’ll win a SB with Russ.
A Rams fan talking about building a team through the draft... hmm.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:39 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
As all QB’s have criticism. It’s also fair to see that Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Chandler Jones and Nick Bosa are all in his division. Probably the best pass rushing division in the league.

That didn’t help
Von Miller played like half a season in that division and didn’t really do much until the playoffs

Nick Bosa missed almost all of 2020 and clearly wasn’t back to 2019 form in 2021.

Chandler Jones missed 11 games on 2020 as well.

Just more excuses for a guy that hasn’t been good down the stretch 2 years in a row.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:39 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm surprised so many people in here are denouncing this trade. What are you going to do, wait 20 years until Mahomes and Herbert quit? This is a certainly reasonable trade. If you were in a weak division, maybe not so much. I actually like it. Sure - you could go down in flames and you bet your ass your gonna suck in 5 years but might as well go for it.

Russell Wilson is a top 5 QB in this league, period. And he's only 33. Which these days and how they protect the QB is relatively young. Dude throws the best deep ball in the game. Courtland Sutton is doing fist pumps right now.
Top 5 QB? I’m going to need to see your list/ year you’re living in.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 66
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up