ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
keg in kc 12:08 PM 05-17-2017
Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:48 PM 12-23-2019
The 1st 3 Episodes Cavill was carrying the show until Yennifer became attractive in Episode 4 then the continuity of the entire cast got interesting
[Reply]
vailpass 11:32 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
In the end it all makes sense, this series is the one that’s replacing Game of Thrones. It was amazing,

Story Telling - Satisfying end to season and once you complete season you see the common thread throughout whole season

Acting - Jesus they got Garalt (spelling?) so ****ing right, the women actors were amazing to. I genuinely believe the love interest

Fight Scenes - he must have trained for a long time because his moves seem so ****ing bang on and natural it’s hard to tell...

Honestly Netflix drop your money in this series because there is a void after game of thrones....and my god was this good
HBO definitely should have picked this series up for post-GoT. They've been in a dead zone, still struggling to find their next big thing.
I finished episode 8 today, was glad to see season 2 is already a go with the main players returning.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:51 AM 12-24-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
So....

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 02:33 AM 12-24-2019
Just finished it. Holy shit, that was amazing. The ending was just like the scene from the game.

Can't wait for this to continue.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:05 PM 12-24-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I can look past it. Didn’t care for Triss that much anyways since I’m a Yen fan.
That character casting is so bad. There is no way I can believe that
Spoiler!

[Reply]
vailpass 05:08 PM 12-24-2019
Can we get Geralt's mom in the Redhead thread?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:55 PM 12-24-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Can we get Geralt's mom in the Redhead thread?
I'd rather trade her for the actress playing Triss. Seriously, WTF? :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:07 AM 12-25-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Watched the first 3 episodes and absolutely loving it. Critic reviews seem to be mixed but the audience score is great. I’m a huge nerd of the source material though so I could be biased.
I've watched the first 3 episodes as well and I agree. I barely know anything on the source material as well. This show deserves the views.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:07 AM 12-25-2019
Finished it tonight. I know nothing. No books no games no nothing. I did watch a YouTube about what you need to know before watching. It helped some.

Hooked me good. Normally heavy magic shit turns me off. But this one seemed to do OK. There is still a little power exponent thing going on but it didn’t kill it for me.

Cavil killed it. The action was really freaking good. He rolled through some dudes.

As far as the timeline I didn’t have trouble. The stuff that you would get mixed up about the order didn’t really screw up the story. And they were good about rolling dead ass characters out to bash you over the head and tell you to pay attention.

Most of it I was doing other stuff but I caught most of it I think. I haven’t unwound where everyone ended up, but it didn’t seem like there was a lot of wasted time in there. And MAN, a LOT of shit happened. A LOT.

Anyway, hopefully it picks up another season. It was really good.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:48 AM 12-25-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
In the end it all makes sense, this series is the one that’s replacing Game of Thrones. It was amazing,

Story Telling - Satisfying end to season and once you complete season you see the common thread throughout whole season

Acting - Jesus they got Garalt (spelling?) so ****ing right, the women actors were amazing to. I genuinely believe the love interest

Fight Scenes - he must have trained for a long time because his moves seem so ****ing bang on and natural it’s hard to tell...

Honestly Netflix drop your money in this series because there is a void after game of thrones....and my god was this good
Just finished it yesterday, and yeah, it all came together in the end. I get why they told the story the way they did with all the time jumping. It was confusing, but I'll watch it again soon. Can't wait for the next season, this is great.

The other one I'm looking forward to (and I'm sure there is a thread) is The Last Kingdom. Not GoT, but it was nice to watch while waiting for GoT to come out with another season. I think there are 3 seasons of it. It's great as well. Different than The Witcher, but epic awesomeness all the same.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:18 AM 12-25-2019
If anyone is interested, the first book of short stories covers several episodes (I'm about a third of the way through) such as the Butcher of Blevikan and the Striga stories. They are short and easy to read if interested in more of the backstory (his potions, eyes, etc.).

https://readanybook.com/online/565901#383081
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:09 PM 12-25-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Just finished it yesterday, and yeah, it all came together in the end. I get why they told the story the way they did with all the time jumping. It was confusing, but I'll watch it again soon. Can't wait for the next season, this is great.

The other one I'm looking forward to (and I'm sure there is a thread) is The Last Kingdom. Not GoT, but it was nice to watch while waiting for GoT to come out with another season. I think there are 3 seasons of it. It's great as well. Different than The Witcher, but epic awesomeness all the same.
Last Kingdom season 4 hasn't had a trailer drop yet, but it's expected to arrive sometime in 2020. Season 1 came out in October, season 2 was in March and season 3 was in November, so it's kind of hard to get a read on when it'll be, exactly.

Really good show...
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02:42 PM 12-26-2019
Just finished this. Really enjoyed it. I only played The Witcher 3, haven't read any of the books, but from what I gleaned from lore in the game it seems to be following the story pretty closely. What exactly is the plan assuming this continues to do as well as it has? Work through the story all the way through TW3?
[Reply]
Fish 08:22 PM 12-26-2019

[Reply]
underEJ 11:33 PM 12-26-2019
Man I loved this. Binged the shit out of it. I usually do two episodes at a time, but I couldn’t stop. Then talking about it with friends on Christmas who like it but found it confusing. I showed them the explicit moments that made the timeline evident even before half the first episode was done and they decided to rewatch because they missed some important stuff. Clearly some critics did too. I have no knowledge of the story ahead of watching except for the trailer, but I had a day off and a good night sleeping so I was particularly attentive. The information is dense and I think the storytelling is quite sophisticated for adaptation of short story material but everything is clearly laid out for the timeline in the dialogue. I might watch it again to see what even a close watch might have missed now that I’ve seen the finale. Can’t wait to see where it goes next season. Top 10 first season for a show I watched all at once. I judge shows I have to watch weekly differently because they have to recap and repeat information so I have to forgive them some repetition. Liked Cavill before but love Geralt already.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up