ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 79 of 256
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:24 AM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Is Left for Dead 3 ever going to happen?
No, because Valve is incapable of counting to 3.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:56 PM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I picked up Wasteland 2 during the Steam summer sale. I'm always playing stuff that's a few years old because screw paying retail unless it's something I am really amped for.

It was cool. Gotta love a game with a skill named "Asshole."
I feel the same way. There arent many games anymore that I will pick up when they come out. I'll make an exception for Red Dead 2 but thats about it.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:58 PM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
On that note, does anybody know any good space games that feature capital ships in tactical combat (not looking for an X-wing game. I love Starfleet Command but it seems that kind of game is pretty rare these days. The only one I've found is one called Dreadnought.
elite:dangerous

get ready for some crazy shit~
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:29 AM 08-05-2018
On that note, does anybody know any good space games that feature capital ships in tactical combat (not looking for an X-wing game. I love Starfleet Command but it seems that kind of game is pretty rare these days. The only one I've found is one called Dreadnought.
holy shit

look what the cat dragged in
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:05 AM 08-05-2018
For something different, try FTL. Greatest rogue like ever.

https://youtu.be/P-SnIhpCm5w
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
elite:dangerous

get ready for some crazy shit~
I've looked at Elite: Dangerous. Looks to me like it plays like an FPS/flight simulator. Not really like SFC at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
For something different, try FTL. Greatest rogue like ever.

https://youtu.be/P-SnIhpCm5w
Yeah, I've looked at it too. Not really my cup of tea.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:49 PM 08-05-2018
I've looked at Elite: Dangerous. Looks to me like it plays like an FPS/flight simulator. Not really like SFC at all.
I dont know anything about starfleet command, but you wanted a game that had capital ships that battle.. E: D does.

And yes the flight model is simulation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:11 PM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I dont know anything about starfleet command, but you wanted a game that had capital ships that battle.. E: D does.

And yes the flight model is simulation.
SFC is much slower and deliberate - the ships are much bigger. It's more tactical than just straight stick twitching and although there are some weapons that manual aim you also have targeting systems that do stuff like that for you.

E: D looks like dogfighting which I'm not really into.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:28 PM 08-05-2018
SFC is much slower and deliberate - the ships are much bigger. It's more tactical than just straight stick twitching and although there are some weapons that manual aim you also have targeting systems that do stuff like that for you.

E: D looks like dogfighting which I'm not really into.
This probably isn't what you're after, but are you familiar with Spaceward Ho!?

It's a turn-based strategy game. A little bit like Civilization. It's 15 years or so old.

https://www.deltatao.com/ho/pc.html
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:37 PM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
This probably isn't what you're after, but are you familiar with Spaceward Ho!?

It's a turn-based strategy game. A little bit like Civilization. It's 15 years or so old.

https://www.deltatao.com/ho/pc.html
Hehe. SFC3 is like 12 years old or so, which is the reason I'm looking for a replacement. I can't get it to run on any modern hardware and I no longer have a functional XP machine.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:45 PM 08-05-2018
Hehe. SFC3 is like 12 years old or so, which is the reason I'm looking for a replacement. I can't get it to run on any modern hardware and I no longer have a functional XP machine.
Yeah, I'm not surprised. Someone I used to play it with said something about Spaceward Ho! to me out of the blue today and I read your post shortly after that so I thought I'd mention it.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:59 PM 08-05-2018
What do you normally play Patteeu?
[Reply]
patteeu 09:08 PM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
What do you normally play Patteeu?
I mostly play starcraft 2. I play it weekly with a group of guys I used to play games with in college.

Sometimes I pick up games for a while here and there. Most recently I was playing Destiny 2 and Heroes of the Storm, but I haven't played either of them in a couple of months.

I'm old, I don't play games as much as I used to.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:59 AM 08-06-2018
I just solved some of my issues as far as game selection - got me a Windows 10 key and installed Bootcamp on my iMac. So now I should be able to run all Windows games natively if there's no Mac version.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 256
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up