ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 120
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:13 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Careful here boys. Highlights like that are apt to make Mo run out and trade for Cueto.
Well played sir, well played. :-)
[Reply]
VAChief 02:30 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mo and his Faberge eggs.:-)

Braves got him for something similar, maybe even a little more. If that was the offer, then you take it and sign the extension. Braves signed him to 6 years and 73million.

One of the best defensive catchers and game callers right now, who is an emerging stud hitter. Yeah, sounds like a deal Mo would pass up as too risky.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:08 PM 05-08-2023
Murphy was my guy all off-season; made too much sense.

Contreras was the one I knew they'd end up signing. They could sell it as a 'splash' and Moe wouldn't have to risk dealing one of his precious prospects and choosing the wrong one. Again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 05-08-2023
Remember when we pulled the upset on the Dodgers in the post-season and a big reason we were able to beat them was we could pitch around their big guns and then face Puig (who was mind-fucked) and Mark Ellis?

Then we signed Mark Ellis that offseason?

Yeah, it's a lot like that. The Cubs, at their best, had an achilles heel and it was Contreras being a lousy game caller and his tendency to get himself out via soft contact on the ground. He was a double-play behind their big hitters waiting to happen every time out. And you just navigated the heart of their lineup as best you could waiting for Contreras to GIDP and set you up against the back of their order.

And of course, we went and signed him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:30 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Remember when we pulled the upset on the Dodgers in the post-season and a big reason we were able to beat them was we could pitch around their big guns and then face Puig (who was mind-****ed) and Mark Ellis?

Then we signed Mark Ellis that offseason?

Yeah, it's a lot like that. The Cubs, at their best, had an achilles heel and it was Contreras being a lousy game caller and his tendency to get himself out via soft contact on the ground. He was a double-play behind their big hitters waiting to happen every time out. And you just navigated the heart of their lineup as best you could waiting for Contreras to GIDP and set you up against the back of their order.

And of course, we went and signed him.
Bernie has a column roasting Mo.

https://www.scoopswithdannymac.com/b...-incompetence/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:07 PM 05-08-2023
John Denton tweet:

manager Oli Marmol on the areas where the club wants to see improvement from C/DH Willson Contreras: “I wouldn't say pregame prep as much as … that would be a simplification of it. There's real work to be done. The way I would describe it is truly " .
understanding our internal system of executing the game plan for each individual pitcher. The reality is, it's more than he's ever had to do. Nothing against the way he's done it, but it's very different & it's a lot of work.”
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:34 PM 05-08-2023
"Everyone is stupid but us. He just doesn't understand that we're a step ahead of the game"

The arrogance that just pours out of every soul in this organization is staggering.

They can't even admit a mistake with any humility. Motherfuckers.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:44 PM 05-08-2023
Bernie put this gem in his rant:

These victims didn’t approve of Contreras’ pitch selections and went to the manager and the president of baseball ops to with their “Where’s Papa” mewling. As a side note, the idea of Jack Flaherty squawking about Contreras is absolutely history. Ever look in the mirror, Jack?
[Reply]
bdj23 06:47 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Bernie has a column roasting Mo.

https://www.scoopswithdannymac.com/b...-incompetence/
That was an A+ read
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:57 PM 05-08-2023
I'd be more impressed if the sanctimonious whale wasn't so fond of writing the 'why are the fans such ingrates' articles whenever he was trying to juice his access within the organization.

There's nothing genuine about Miklasz. Fuck him, too.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:08 PM 05-08-2023
I'd be more impressed if the sanctimonious whale wasn't so fond of writing the 'why are the fans such ingrates' articles whenever he was trying to juice his access within the organization.

There's nothing genuine about Miklasz. **** him, too.
I don't give a shit about Bernie, but every word of what he wrote was true.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:02 PM 05-08-2023

The more things change... pic.twitter.com/GqKZKjjBzX

— KMac (@MacLikin) May 8, 2023

[Reply]
raybec 4 08:39 PM 05-08-2023

There's nothing genuine about Miklasz. **** him, too.
I lost any possible respect I could have ever had for Bernie when he insinuated it was Schildt's faul he got himself fired because he didn't give the playing time to who Mo told him to give the playing time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:48 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I lost any possible respect I could have ever had for Bernie when he insinuated it was Schildt's faul he got himself fired because he didn't give the playing time to who Mo told him to give the playing time.
Yeah, Miklasz is a giant pussy.

He just has some wind at his back so now he's gonna be a bomb thrower. He can eat dicks. He's as bad or worse than Mozeliak; just a different sort of disingenuous twat.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:46 PM 05-08-2023
Contreras getting thrown under the bus for being who he is by the front office, seeing pieces of his media today and his attitude at the game tonight…… I’m starting to like the guy….
[Reply]
Page 32 of 120
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up