ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:38 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I hate to say this, but to be fair, they were underperforming, looked lackadaisical all the time and uninterested.

Who would we have given up? Gorman? Liberatore? Unless your trading them, your not getting a difference maker. So trading shit for shit and hoping to get some positive innings out of the old geezers was the best you can do.
They weren't underperforming, though. According to their Pythagorean prior to this run, they were overperforming.

Injuries decimated the rotation along with the BP being shit to begin with.

They wouldn't have had to trade for Happ or Lester in the first place if they signed a starter in the offseason.

The BP, along with Happ and Lester, is smoke and mirrors.

Enjoyable run, but the fact that they're in a play-in game, as opposed to having a chance at clinching the Central, is due to the FO's inaction.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:50 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
They weren't underperforming, though. According to their Pythagorean prior to this run, they were overperforming.

Injuries decimated the rotation along with the BP being shit to begin with.

They wouldn't have had to trade for Happ or Lester in the first place if they signed a starter in the offseason.

The BP, along with Happ and Lester, is smoke and mirrors.

Enjoyable run, but the fact that they're in a play-in game, as opposed to having a chance at clinching the Central, is due to the FO's inaction.
no way am I defending a damn thing Mo does. Or the billionaire Dewitt’s need to make $30-$60 million profit every year.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:15 PM 09-28-2021
I'm torn between this is fun and wanting Mo canned still.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:26 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'm torn between this is fun and wanting Mo canned still.
I know that feeling all too well but no matter what, we are stuck with Mo next year. Not a chance in hell of him moving on next year. So just enjoy this respite of watching shit baseball.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:28 AM 09-29-2021
Damn. I can't help myself. I love Cardinals baseball. Right when I start thinking about giving up on them, they jump up and do something amazing.

GO REDBIRDS
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:34 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Damn. I can't help myself. I love Cardinals baseball. Right when I start thinking about giving up on them, they jump up and do something amazing.

GO REDBIRDS
Yea this team is something, every time I write them off they do something crazy like this. Its been a fun stretch regardless of what happens.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
Punched their playoff ticket with No. 17. :-)

I guess I'm eating a full murder of crows because I thought they'd be lucky to finish at .500.
On Sept 7th they had a 2.7% chance of making the playoffs and clinched the WC with 5 games to go. That is pure insanity but statics can't account for a 17 game win streak. I mean if they go a very respectable 12-5 in that span they would be fighting for their lives still.

Also I am enjoying the fact Carpenter is riding the bench hard and hasn't contributed to jack shit in this run.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:02 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Also I am enjoying the fact Carpenter is riding the bench hard and hasn't contributed to jack shit in this run.
He's contributed mightily by his absence. If that prick starts during that span they probably go 7-10.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:01 PM 09-29-2021
Arenado says he’s staying not opting out.
[Reply]
Miles 05:09 PM 09-29-2021
Arenado says he’s staying not opting out.
Good to hear. Figured he would only opt out if he had a huge year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:21 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Good to hear. Figured he would only opt out if he had a huge year.
he will end up with 35+ HR’s and 105+ RBI’s that’s a huge year for a Cardinal these day’s.
[Reply]
Miles 06:10 PM 09-29-2021
Looks like Carpenter started at 3rd today.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:21 PM 09-29-2021
Lulz

Devin Williams has made a catastrophic mistake

In celebrating the division title he essentially got too drunk, became upset, and punched a wall, fracturing his pitching hand. He will need surgery.

We have no words. pic.twitter.com/xLYnQQauTU

— IKE Brewers Podcast (@IKE_Brewers) September 29, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:26 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Looks like Carpenter started at 3rd today.
They just had a day off on Monday. Season ends on Sunday. Fuck him. He got $40 million to be a stubborn asshole and not even try to beat the shift.

The whole side of the infield is wide open. Just learn to put the ball there and you got a easy single. Do it enough and then maybe they will get out of shift you dumbshit.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:47 PM 09-29-2021
Lulz

No words needed.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:00 PM 09-29-2021
I didn’t know Gorman played the whole 2nd half at 2B in AAA. I thought he was playing outfield too. That make Edman trade bait for starting pitching? Wonder what we can get for Edman and Dejong?

2B/3B Nolan Gorman (Triple-A)

Gorman, the Cardinals’ top prospect, has put his best foot forward making up for the lost 2020 season, posting an .817 OPS (thanks in part to a three-homer game) across 117 games in his first taste of both Double-A and Triple-A. Most notably has been his positional acumen, playing second base the majority of the second half as he’s started to learn the position ever since the Cardinals acquired hot-corner stalwart Nolan Arenado.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up