ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 581 of 2694
« First < 81481531571577578579580581 58258358458559163168110811581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 06:19 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You might as well get over that "setting his feet properly" shit right now.

And what does setting his feet or having a mechanically sound follow through have to do with whether or not the ball was delivered accurately with touch?

It doesn't matter how you bake the damn cake, just so long as it's ****ing delicious.
...I've said it multiple times already. He made made a STRONG and accurate throw in a situation where he couldn't be mechanically sound and it was very impressive. Quarterbacks with weaker arms would require their feet set and following through in order to make that same throw. The ball is barely 15 feet above the air and is squeezed between two defenders 20 yards away while getting there in a hurry.

It's a great ****ing throw and was delivered in the correct way, as I've said. However, it isn't some grand display of touch as everyone is trying to make it out to be. I don't see how that's so offensive to say.

Me: "yeah it would be super cool if he became a ****ing guru at touch passes alongside being able to laser that shit"

Everyone: "omfg you love alex smith because you live in seattle and he is already a guru master at everything in year 1 *insert random insult about homosexuality and/or about parents*

:-):-)
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 06:24 PM 01-02-2018
Patrick Mahomes Needs A Winner ( John Gruden ) to get to the Hall Of Fame

Fire Andy!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:24 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Exactly. I said in my post that he is going to be a great QB one day but because I also said I am not impressed with a 0 TD 1 INT game I was crucified for it. It's pretty obvious the Mahomos are sensitive and can't take criticism to Mahomes which is ridiculous.
When Alex puts up a 0 TD 1 INT game you jizz yourself because it resulted in a win over the fucking Cleveland Browns or whatever shitass team he let hang around for a gritty 17-14 win.

When Mahomes did it, you claim that's not good enough even though he got his team up 14 points in the 4th, and when Bray tried to shit it all away, he got the field goal for the win in the clutch.

You're getting crucified for it because it's a stupid take. Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean we have to respect it if it's fucking idiotic.
[Reply]
Best22 06:26 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
...I've said it multiple times already. He made made a STRONG and accurate throw in a situation where he couldn't be mechanically sound and it was very impressive. Quarterbacks with weaker arms would require their feet set and following through in order to make that same throw. The ball is barely 15 feet above the air and is squeezed between two defenders 20 yards away while getting there in a hurry.

It's a great ****ing throw and was delivered in the correct way, as I've said. However, it isn't some grand display of touch as everyone is trying to make it out to be. I don't see how that's so offensive to say.

Me: "yeah it would be super cool if he became a ****ing guru at touch passes alongside being able to laser that shit"

Everyone: "omfg you love alex smith because you live in seattle and he is already a guru master at everything in year 1 *insert random insult about homosexuality and/or about parents*

His interception was due to either an overthrow or miscommunication. Just a mistake. He can throw touch passes. Of course he can improve. Favre improved as he got more experience

His interception didn't bother me that much. An inaccurate pass: not something you'll see often with Mahomes. I was more bothered with his short incompletion to Sherman late in the game that could have been picked.

Mahomes needs to learn that it's okay to throw it away. I fear he will trust his arm too much and get in trouble. Experience will help. Mahomes is smart and wants to get better
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:29 PM 01-02-2018

"Grand display of touch"? No, it's a display of touch that counters your argument that he doesn't throw with touch. Which quite frankly is silly, considering he has collegiate and pre-season tape that directly dispute your statement.

You also seem to be under the impression that "touch" = Rainbow, and that if it isn't some arching rainbow then there was no touch. Which is also silly.
[Reply]
Shag 06:30 PM 01-02-2018

Is there a minimum height requirement for a touch pass? This must be the touchiest pass of all time:

[Reply]
ModSocks 06:32 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Mahomes needs to learn that it's okay to throw it away. I fear he will trust his arm too much and get in trouble. Experience will help. Mahomes is smart and wants to get better
He threw it away on more than one occasion Sunday. He's a gunslinger and he's going to make risky throws and get intercepted. It's the nature of the beast.

Expecting Mahomes to not force balls into coverage is like marrying a hot woman and then getting mad when men stare at her. It comes with the territory.
[Reply]
Best22 06:36 PM 01-02-2018
He threw it away on more than one occasion Sunday. He's a gunslinger and he's going to make risky throws and get intercepted. It's the nature of the beast.

Expecting Mahomes to not force balls into coverage is like marrying a hot woman and then getting mad when men stare at her. It comes with the territory.
True, but he needs to get out of high risk, low reward plays like the Sherman throw. It was a 3 yard pass.
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 06:38 PM 01-02-2018
Reid has lost the locker-room

The team looks burned out.. this team is totally lost.. just unfathomable.. Andy Reid. The man has too long a history of ( mediocrity ) no success.

[Reply]
ModSocks 06:41 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan:
Reid has lost the locker-room

The team looks burned out.. this team is totally lost.. just unfathomable.. Andy Reid. The man has too long a history of ( mediocrity ) no success.
Yawn. Troll game is too obvious, brah. Work on it. Come back later when you've mastered the technique.
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 06:46 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
True, but he needs to get out of high risk, low reward plays like the Sherman throw. It was a 3 yard pass.
Andy Reid is throwing short, slanted throws to open men that get slammed immediately. Yes. Reid is a terrible play-caller and doesn't understand that you can't run trick-plays and HB Dives for 3/4 of the game.

Reid is a decent coach but like Schottenheimer can't take this team to Glory. His gimmicks aren't fooling anyone anymore and he is incapable of trying to change his game-plan. I like Andy and what he has done for KC but he is the Alex Smith of coaches, it is the same reason that Philly was rooting for him to be fired.

If we want to get to that next level we need to take a risk it's paying off for other teams. I don't see us taking that next step with a QB and Coach combo that is predictable and frustrating to watch
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 06:55 PM 01-02-2018
you've mastered the technique.
Let’s see: Let’s not look a gift horse in the mouth any longer and ruin this, Gruden at least looks like he can succeed.
[Reply]
Spott 06:57 PM 01-02-2018
Stop feeding the obvious shitbag donkey troll.
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 07:06 PM 01-02-2018
It's been obvious to me for a long time that you absolutely accept losing and mediocrity as normal. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
[Reply]
ModSocks 07:06 PM 01-02-2018
Gruden was 57-55 as HC of the Buccs.

#winning coach.
[Reply]
Page 581 of 2694
« First < 81481531571577578579580581 58258358458559163168110811581 > Last »
Up