ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 257 of 934
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307357757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 AM 03-05-2020
Clay if you want to make money, you need to invest in a good company and let it sit. Being patient wins.

Buy today. Lot of major stocks are 10% off
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:34 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Clay if you want to make money, you need to invest in a good company and let it sit. Being patient wins.

Buy today. Lot of major stocks are 10% off
I'm well aware. I'm only doing this because I invested in "a good company" on CP advice, that fucking tanked.

I'll get back a little here. But this is not a long term play.

I might pump and dump a couple more times and then I'm putting it all in an index fund.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:51 AM 03-05-2020
Out at 2.34

Made money at least. May pump and dump if it dips under 2 again.
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:21 AM 03-05-2020
Needs to be a romper edition of this thread.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 12:05 PM 03-05-2020
r/arrowheaddrivebets
[Reply]
RunKC 12:27 PM 03-05-2020
Microsoft is such a good buying opportunity IMO. I’ve got Apple, but buying Microsoft bc it’s half the price and is doing just as well. Their azure development is really good.

Also considering buying OILU crude oil. It’s the lowest it’s ever been in its history at 8.7. Crude oil will bounce back at some point, it always does. Just gotta wait about 6 months.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:40 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Needs to be a romper edition of this thread.
This is the romper version. But it's fun.

My cruise ship stocks have been burying me. But I'm buying into the crisis. I'm buying tiny amounts, but I view it as dollar cost averaging, and I doubt that this event kills the industry.

The annoying part to me is that I've typically balanced oil stocks with cruise line and other travel stocks, assuming that they would balance out. If one takes a hit, it helps the other one. But this situation is pummeling both of them.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:42 PM 03-05-2020
In at $3.075 and out at $2.89.

I blame gifhorse for this.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:23 PM 03-05-2020
This is probably one of the only times I will ever make a post on the markets. There are huge opportunities right now. Exxon is very cheap and paying you almost 7% to wait.
United Airlines was at a 4.66 PE ratio earlier today when I bought.
The virus is making everyone freak. Huge opportunities in airlines and oil. I would stay away from cruise lines. I could shoot myself in the head for not shorting these. Then again I didn't know the media would do it's very best to make everyone freak the F out. You would have made a ton in a month having done that.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:27 PM 03-05-2020
Airlines are a short term bet at the very best. Once some regressive "carbon taxes" get applied and passed on to consumers their margins will plummet.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:30 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Airlines are a short term bet at the very best. Once some regressive "carbon taxes" get applied and passed on to consumers their margins will plummet.
The only airline stock I have is Southwest. In that realm, I follow some stock advice that I heard long ago - don't buy a stock unless you would buy what the company is selling. Southwest is the only airline out there with a customer focus.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:35 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The only airline stock I have is Southwest. In that realm, I follow some stock advice that I heard long ago - don't buy a stock unless you would buy what the company is selling. Southwest is the only airline out there with a customer focus.
Customer focus in what way?

Don't get me wrong I choose LUV when there Wanna Get Away fares are the relatively same price as other carriers but if I think what you mean is "cheapest fares period" then that ain't LUV.

Also carbon taxes are coming for all carriers, so..
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:35 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Microsoft is such a good buying opportunity IMO. I’ve got Apple, but buying Microsoft bc it’s half the price and is doing just as well. Their azure development is really good.

Also considering buying OILU crude oil. It’s the lowest it’s ever been in its history at 8.7. Crude oil will bounce back at some point, it always does. Just gotta wait about 6 months.
You talking about buying a contract of oil on the futures market?

If so, remember there are margin requirements.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:38 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Customer focus in what way?

Don't get me wrong I choose LUV when there Wanna Get Away fares are the relatively same price as other carriers but if I think what you mean is "cheapest fares period" then that ain't LUV.

Also carbon taxes are coming for all carriers, so..

Nah. I can change tickets if I need to without a ludicrous change fee. I don't get charged extra for a bag. And above all, I get honest pricing quotes that don't hide fees. (I'm looking at you, Frontier.)

I've purchased one - precisely one - ticket this past year on an airline other than Southwest. As luck would have it, I needed to change the ticket. The fees were so high that it was better for me to buy a ticket on Southwest than to change the (non-refundable) ticket that I had on United, so I had to eat that ticket and United kept my money and provided precisely zero value to me. So I learned my lesson about flying an airline other than Southwest.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:41 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Nah. I can change tickets if I need to without a ludicrous change fee. I don't get charged extra for a bag. And above all, I get honest pricing quotes that don't hide fees. (I'm looking at you, Frontier.)

I've purchased one - precisely one - ticket this past year on an airline other than Southwest. As luck would have it, I needed to change the ticket. The fees were so high that it was better for me to buy a ticket on Southwest than to change the (non-refundable) ticket that I had on United. So I learned my lesson about flying an airline other than Southwest.
The growth isn't in the type of buyer who needs easy fare changes though. It's the buyers who are locked in to a destination and time and are willing to eat the loss if they have to cancel since it's relatively cheap.
[Reply]
Page 257 of 934
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307357757 > Last »
Up