ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Media Center>Cyberpunk 2077
Pants 08:18 PM 06-10-2018

[Reply]
jd1020 01:28 PM 12-27-2020
Sony pulled the game and is issuing full refunds? That escalated quickly.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:03 AM 12-29-2020
I’m shelving this for about 5 months until the PS5 patch is released.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:39 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
I’m shelving this for about 5 months until the PS5 patch is released.
Even when the game breaking shit is fixed there's still a dearth of AI work that needs to be done. They'll be fixing this game for years.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:29 PM 12-30-2020
I'm having a blast. Had the initial problem of the game not starting, but about 20 minutes after I posted about that, I had it fixed by finally upgrading to windows 10 from 8. Which didn't cost anything.

I've had a couple of minor issues, but nothing serious. And nothing that reloading didn't solve.

I'm driving around in my badass cars, winning races, ****ing shit up with my pistol. One of very few games where I am not tempted to fast travel very often. I have too much fun driving.

My favorite cars are a couple of Nomad rides. The Type-66 Javelina and the Shion Coyote. I have a Caliburn, and it's pretty cool I guess, but I like those other two better.

My only gripe is I wish the gps worked like it does in the races, with it on the road instead of the minimap. Or at least let me zoom out on the minimap. Always coming in hot on the turns cuz you can't see them coming at 200 mph.

This game reminds me a lot of Sleeping Dogs. That game was martial arts instead of guns and cyberware, but the driving is very similar and story driven quests. I had a lot of fun driving around Hong Kong in that game. And I got it during a steam sale for like 3 bucks. Best money I ever spent.
[Reply]
Fish 05:34 PM 12-30-2020
The driving can be frustrating though. Some of the vehicles you're forced to drive handle like slippery dogshit. Like to a ridiculous extreme.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:36 PM 12-30-2020
Yeah, that Coyote is about the only car I can drive reliably without plowing into pedestrians eventually.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:36 PM 12-30-2020
Races?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:40 PM 12-30-2020
Beast In Me is the questline, I believe.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:20 PM 12-30-2020
I hope there are more races after that questline, but I have a feeling there aren't. Maybe some DLC or something later. i love that shit.

Yeah, some of the cars are really slippery, some are really twitchy. Gotta slow down a little in some of them. I'm happy that the two cars I think look the coolest also happen to drive the best imo.
[Reply]
Pants 02:57 PM 01-02-2021
Just did a gig for Regina that involved a father and son duo editing fucked up XBDs. The gig itself was to recover the raw recording of a little boy being murdered, but they edited all kinds of extremely fucked up shit.

Spoiler!

Bad bugs and stupid AI aside, this game is a masterpiece. Goddamn.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:02 PM 01-02-2021
It seems like people either love this game or absolutely can't stand it, there's no in-between.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:40 PM 01-02-2021
If you leveled into technical ability, there's an absurdly powerful gun that you can craft after reaching level 18 in the skill progression for crafting. DR12 Quasar. I've got this thing healing about 75 for every shot I hit and it hits at least 5k per shot at minimum. 20 round tech revolver
[Reply]
Pants 03:44 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It seems like people either love this game or absolutely can't stand it, there's no in-between.
I think it helps that I am playing this game on PC so I'm spared most of the craziness with bugs and get incredible visuals at a MOSTLY high frame rate. I do have one quest (the one Clay loved so much) completely bugged and it's very annoying. I'm hoping a future patch fixes it, though.

I get the hate, don't get me wrong. The AI is stupid and predictable. Cops spawn behind you in the most ridiculously bad and hilarious way if you commit a crime. The crafting system is a complete joke and I have no idea why it's even there.

The story telling (both writing and acting) and the attention to detail are just unmatched and I'm a sucker for that shit. The references and cameos are awesome.

Some people hate the combat, but I'm playing the game on hard and I'm enjoying it. I am not a bullet sponge and will die pretty quickly if I just run and gun. Using a katana and slicing people into bits is satisfying. My power assault rifles feel crunchy. All the things I like. :-)

Stealthing and hacking can make this game complete ezmode but if I decide to go that route in a given mission, it just makes me feel like a badass, haha.

I do feel like this game is kind of a marvel of technological achievement in some aspects. My brain starts hurting when I try to think about the gargantuan task it was to build this massive, intricate city, code all of the possible quest trees, animate the scenes and record the dialogue. The fact that the quest trees are also intertwined in a lot of cases just blows my mind.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 PM 01-02-2021
The game is just a fucking experience man.

I banged the gay prostitute just because he was there.

Believe me, I'm not gay. I banged the straight hooker first.
[Reply]
Fish 04:18 PM 01-02-2021
The tech rifle charging capability almost makes combat too easy. You can ping all the enemies, charge it and just blast them shooting through the walls or whatever they're hiding behind. You can just stand there in one spot and mow all of them down.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up