ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 32
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>Cyberpunk 2077
Pants 08:18 PM 06-10-2018

[Reply]
Bowser 04:51 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's big of them. I was considering buying an XBOX Series X specifically just to play this game (plus the Ancient Gods DLC's). Maybe I'll hold on to that thought until they have things a bit more patched up.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:51 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I feel bad for people who spent $60 and experienced those issues.

It doesn't sound like it affected everyone the same even on the same consoles, though. Interesting.
Maybe people that keep cluttered hard drives had the worst issues? I've played with a couple of people that had to pretty much wipe their hard drive when Red Dead Online was performing horrifically for them.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:54 PM 12-14-2020
Props to them for admitting their mistake publicly while offering a way to make things right the best they can.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:59 PM 12-14-2020
Oof. If this is actually how they went about review copies then I'm gonna have to revoke that praise

We're adding a warning to the Cyberpunk 2077 page regarding the Xbox One and PS4 versions. pic.twitter.com/fZ57F6BHWJ

— OpenCritic (@Open_Critic) December 14, 2020

[Reply]
Pants 05:10 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oof. If this is actually how they went about review copies then I'm gonna have to revoke that praise

That's definitely how they went about the reviews. There was an embargo on footage and only PC versions were allowed to be reviewed.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:10 PM 12-14-2020
My ps4 performance has been so bad that I've only been able to play for 45 hours since launch.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:11 PM 12-14-2020
The oddest part about all of this is that this has been a ps4/xbone project since the beginning. Seems strange that those are the consoles with the most trouble.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:16 PM 12-14-2020
That's definitely how they went about the reviews. There was on embargo on footage and only PC versions were allowed to be reviewed.
Makes sense now why the pre release reviews were so good. That's some really scummy shit by CDPR.
[Reply]
Pants 05:24 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The oddest part about all of this is that this has been a ps4/xbone project since the beginning. Seems strange that those are the consoles with the most trouble.
I think they went through many iterations of the Red Engine in the 8-year span, but who knows.

reddit is full of idiocy, but someone did have a theory that, in my mind, sort of jived with what we are seeing. Basically, the idea was that at some point, CDPR decided to change their approach and start making the game for next gen/PC and then optimize it for current gen (current at that time). They miscalculated the amount of work and optimization it would take them and that lead to the initial delay from April to September and then to December.

I don't see any other explanation.

I think given their track record, the GOTY edition will probably look great and run great on both gens.

I'm also a firm believer that this game would have been delayed another few months at the very least if it weren't for investor demands.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:26 PM 12-14-2020
Funny thing is the stocks actually tanked after the release. They really fucked themselves here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:29 PM 12-14-2020
Sony is basically telling people to fuck off and wait for the patch if they bought it digitally. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:34 PM 12-14-2020
I think they went through many iterations of the Red Engine in the 8-year span, but who knows.

reddit is full of idiocy, but someone did have a theory that, in my mind, sort of jived with what we are seeing. Basically, the idea was that at some point, CDPR decided to change their approach and start making the game for next gen/PC and then optimize it for current gen (current at that time). They miscalculated the amount of work and optimization it would take them and that lead to the initial delay from April to September and then to December.

I don't see any other explanation.

I think given their track record, the GOTY edition will probably look great and run great on both gens.

I'm also a firm believer that this game would have been delayed another few months at the very least if it weren't for investor demands.
My theory is that Warner Brothers (the US publisher...) forced them to put it out before the holiday season.
[Reply]
Pants 05:35 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Funny thing is the stocks actually tanked after the release. They really fucked themselves here.
No doubt.

I imagine it will recover because this game really is good enough to push millions of copies more.

I'm a fanboy of CDPR because I liked Witcher 3 so much, but just taking a step back and even objectively looking at what they have been able to achieve with this game, it's fucking stupendous.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:37 PM 12-14-2020
It's already my favorite open world game ever. And I'm not out of the prologue yet.

(Seriously, I'm level 12, street cred 20, 40+ hours in playing on the highest difficulty and I haven't even run The Heist yet).
[Reply]
Pants 05:40 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's already my favorite open world game ever. And I'm not out of the prologue yet.

(Seriously, I'm level 12, street cred 20, 40+ hours in playing on the highest difficulty and I haven't even run The Heist yet).
That's awesome, man.

I don't have as many hours into it but I am loving everything about it so far.

I'm planning on spending a lot of time in the game tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday, though. :-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 32
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up