ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 191
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:03 AM 03-24-2024
Agreed. It feels like an incoming trade up, and I hope it's for our future LT. I just hope they don't have to sacrifice the 2nd rounder to do it, because as you've pointed out, there will be quality to choose from at receiver.

An impact left tackle and a receiver, that's all I want from this draft. The rest is all fluff at this point (maybe a decent pass catching back, as well).
[Reply]
VAChief 10:59 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Agreed. It feels like an incoming trade up, and I hope it's for our future LT. I just hope they don't have to sacrifice the 2nd rounder to do it, because as you've pointed out, there will be quality to choose from at receiver.

An impact left tackle and a receiver, that's all I want from this draft. The rest is all fluff at this point (maybe a decent pass catching back, as well).
Yes, in one of my mocks I was able to get Morgan at 32 and use the 2025 3rd and 64th pick to move up to get Franklin (who had fallen and likely not to happen in real life). That could also be Walker/Leggette or whoever else you prefer.

That would be a killer draft, a solid LT prospect at 32 and a WR prospect that hopefully can contribute at that 4th option after Rice/Kelce/Brown.
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:16 PM 03-24-2024
Agreed and that’s the way it should be with a LT in the 1st. I’m gonna laugh when we don’t take a WR until the 4th or 5th or maybe even double up late. I could see this being a fatty draft.

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think McConkey and Pearsall both are better versions of what they thought Skyy Moore was. I think Moore just couldn't make the jump from the MAC.

Are they still looking for that type? I don't know if they are, specifically.

Hollywood only buys you a year for the speedy downfield threat.

The big Mike Williams type has just never been an Andy Reid thing, but maybe they try it. I can't see them making a huge investment in that experiment though.

Ultimately, if I had to guess, I'd think it'll be a sub 4.4 guy with downfield capabilities that tracks the ball well. I think if they do it in the first, it's Worthy/Mitchell/Franklin.

I think if they wait until the second, all types come into play, and Walker/Pearsall/Legette types who fall could be the pick.

I think they're going to be patient, though, is my expectation.

I'm thinking it might be an OT in the first.

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:04 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I know you really don't want to put too much on one ****ing play, but goddamn.
OBJ made a career out of one play.

Clowney made a career out of one college play.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:04 PM 03-24-2024
That extra 3rd gives us a lot of flexibility to target "our guy" in the late 1st - end of the 2nd, but hard to get a consensus on who that guy would be lol

If I had to choose one guy I think we'd take, it might be Burton.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:25 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
That extra 3rd gives us a lot of flexibility to target "our guy" in the late 1st - end of the 2nd, but hard to get a consensus on who that guy would be lol

Burton would be in line potentially with the Peters and Tyreek pick - 1st round talent with a 10 cent brain. I think I would not hate the pick in the early third - but also, in this class, why bother? He may even go later than projected by that logic. Just stream of consciousness typing here.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:29 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Burton would be in line potentially with the Peters and Tyreek pick - 1st round talent with a 10 cent brain. I think I would not hate the pick in the early third - but also, in this class, why bother? He may even go later than projected by that logic. Just stream of consciousness typing here.
Who do you think we'd target?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:43 PM 03-24-2024

I don't think that extra 3rd moves the dial much. I bet they don't move up.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:48 PM 03-24-2024
Who do you think we'd target?
Idk, I talked myself into liking the Skyy Moore pick. While I am not willing to completely write him off, I wonder if there isn't a lesson to be learned there about players without sufficient processing power to thoroughly learn and understand the offense; especially relative to defensive reads that Mahomes is making. I would want the Chiefs to deep dive Burton's football intelligence especially given the lack of wisdom he reportedly demonstrated on and off the field. I haven't watched much Burton though, tbh.

I do think there is a case to be made for going full fucking bore on the offensive weapons in this class and worry about tackle next year - though I think an understanding of what next year's class looks like would really inform that decision. I am also reticent to invest significant resources in a slot-like guy, which this class has in abundance, simply because you have Rice already as a big slot and I felt like all his impact plays came from that role.

The Chiefs have a really good opportunity here to grab a true X, a true Z, and I love how Johnny Wilson projects as a TE in the passing game. If you can hit on some of these weapons and lock up 4 years of control, I see a real path for cost effective continuation of the dynasty.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:32 PM 03-24-2024
After all that I realized I didn't answer your question -
I have a ton of digging to do as I have really only done one pass on each player and this is kind of how I would initially categorize them I guess?

In no particular order:
As you know, I really like AD Mitchell as a Z in the late first.

Other Zs:
Bryan Thomas, Jr. late first.
Xavier Worthy I would get on board with for a move up in the second.
Troy Franklin, maybe in the end of the second. (I need to dig more on him at some point. I did have a look at his schedule and I had concerns that he maybe hasn't had much in the way of NFL level of competition. Maybe crow can speak to that and inform us a little on that.)
Devontez Walker - early third.

Xs:
Keon Coleman in the early second
Xavier Legette in the second.
Ja'lynn Polk in the third.
Javon Baker in the third.
Jaylen Coker in day 3, maybe not a true X until you see him against real competition, but a guy who I would say is my sleeper crush.

Johnny Wilson in the late second, early third as a TE.

Slot guys that will go too early for me - and there might be more:
McConkey
Pearsall
Wilson
Corley
McMillan

If you want to spend day 3 picks on a slot, I am fine with that:
Ainias Smith

Guys I just have a hard time seeing how they fit:
Thrash
Rice
McCaffrey
Rosemy-Jacksaint
Vele

Guys who I still need to watch if I ever really get motivated:
Cornelius Johnson
Isaiah Williams
Jha'Quan Jackson
Whittington
Zakhari Franklin
Bub Means
Hayden Hatten
[Reply]
Stryker 04:20 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
After all that I realized I didn't answer your question -
I have a ton of digging to do as I have really only done one pass on each player and this is kind of how I would initially categorize them I guess?

In no particular order:
As you know, I really like AD Mitchell as a Z in the late first.

Other Zs:
Bryan Thomas, Jr. late first.
Xavier Worthy I would get on board with for a move up in the second.
Troy Franklin, maybe in the end of the second. (I need to dig more on him at some point. I did have a look at his schedule and I had concerns that he maybe hasn't had much in the way of NFL level of competition. Maybe crow can speak to that and inform us a little on that.)
Devontez Walker - early third.

Xs:
Keon Coleman in the early second
Xavier Legette in the second.
Ja'lynn Polk in the third.
Javon Baker in the third.
Jaylen Coker in day 3, maybe not a true X until you see him against real competition, but a guy who I would say is my sleeper crush.

Johnny Wilson in the late second, early third as a TE.

Slot guys that will go too early for me - and there might be more:
McConkey
Pearsall
Wilson
Corley
McMillan

If you want to spend day 3 picks on a slot, I am fine with that:
Ainias Smith

Guys I just have a hard time seeing how they fit:
Thrash
Rice
McCaffrey
Rosemy-Jacksaint
Vele

Guys who I still need to watch if I ever really get motivated:
Cornelius Johnson
Isaiah Williams
Jha'Quan Jackson
Whittington
Zakhari Franklin
Bub Means
Hayden Hatten
Very well done for a first stab! :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:24 PM 03-24-2024
OBJ made a career out of one play.

Clowney made a career out of one college play.
In my book, neither of those are great advertising.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:17 PM 03-25-2024
27 bench reps :-)

4.45-4.47 in the 40, 27 reps on the bench… https://t.co/JmoTLveNZD

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 25, 2024

[Reply]
Bowser 04:24 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
27 bench reps :-)

Damn! :-)

Is Veach going to take a risk on a receiver that dominated Conference USA after spending a 2nd on a guy that tore up the MAC, though?
[Reply]
Chargem 04:27 PM 03-25-2024
The more I read/watch on this WR draft class, the less I care who we get.. There are going to be players who are great assets to this offense available in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and maybe even the 4th this year.
[Reply]
Page 151 of 191
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161 > Last »
Up