ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 191
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
JPH83 04:00 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Come over to Team Alpha WR.

We have t-shirts.

https://www.canva.com/design/DAF-HGs..._source=editor
One of the reasons I still prefer Franklin is honestly I just see an easier introduction for him. He'll do the MVS stuff and then we'll work out what else he can do. I need to see more of Mitchell against press. Franklin's releases look better to me, but Mitchell has more nuance to his route running. I just don't know there's as obvious a path for him. Maybe FA will clear that up if we get a blazer
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:02 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
One of the reasons I still prefer Franklin is honestly I just see an easier introduction for him. He'll do the MVS stuff and then we'll work out what else he can do. I need to see more of Mitchell against press. Franklin's releases look better to me, but Mitchell has more nuance to his route running. I just don't know there's as obvious a path for him. Maybe FA will clear that up if we get a blazer
I expect Franklin to come in close to what he eventually is and Mitchell to be a year or two away from the Focal #1 WR.

And Franklin will feel safe as you can just promote him to the MVS vertical role and now you have a cheap player there.

There's some value to doing that but I won't like the upside of it.

Too cautious when we need a post-Kelce offensive plan.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 04:06 PM 02-28-2024
I'm going to have a very controversial take on "1st round" WR projection rankings:

1. Nabers
2. Franklin
3. MHJr
4. Odunze
5. Coleman
6. BTJr

I think Franklin is a guy who will be All-Pro in the right system. Hopefully its the Chiefs. If you can trade Sneed and secure him at 15-20, you absolutely do it. I'm certain he will produce ridiculous numbers with the right modern QB. Consistent separation. Fits perfectly as a big upgrade for MVS now empty role. He's also a chiefs fan. Its just a yes across the board. I know my projection seems high, but it will make more sense after the combine.

Nabers is a HOF player to me barring significant injury.

Not as high on MHJr, he will be good not great. He's not risky, so I see the allure.

Adonai Mitchell is a huge no for me, attitude problems and slow. Doesn't fit the system at all. He's most effective in the red zone, our plays aren't typically designed for his skillset.

Coleman is underrated, and I wouldn't be upset if he fell to us. BTJr has huge bust potential for me. Wouldn't bite.

Legette is who I would draft in the second. Not Worthy. Worthy is one injury from being out of the league completely. Very one dimensional. Legette has alot of upside, but he's a project.

Polk and Burton are the only other 2 I would consider. I think not drafting WR in round 1 is a mistake.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:50 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by wannaGOback:
I'm going to have a very controversial take on "1st round" WR projection rankings:

1. Nabers
2. Franklin
3. MHJr

4. Odunze
5. Coleman
6. BTJr

I think Franklin is a guy who will be All-Pro in the right system. Hopefully its the Chiefs. If you can trade Sneed and secure him at 15-20, you absolutely do it. I'm certain he will produce ridiculous numbers with the right modern QB. Consistent separation. Fits perfectly as a big upgrade for MVS now empty role. He's also a chiefs fan. Its just a yes across the board. I know my projection seems high, but it will make more sense after the combine.

Nabers is a HOF player to me barring significant injury.

Not as high on MHJr, he will be good not great. He's not risky, so I see the allure.

Adonai Mitchell is a huge no for me, attitude problems and slow. Doesn't fit the system at all. He's most effective in the red zone, our plays aren't typically designed for his skillset.

Coleman is underrated, and I wouldn't be upset if he fell to us. BTJr has huge bust potential for me. Wouldn't bite.

Legette is who I would draft in the second. Not Worthy. Worthy is one injury from being out of the league completely. Very one dimensional. Legette has alot of upside, but he's a project.

Polk and Burton are the only other 2 I would consider. I think not drafting WR in round 1 is a mistake.

I thought the KC news network blog guys were over the top.

Congrats, you topped them.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 06:24 PM 02-28-2024

I thought the KC news network blog guys were over the top.

Congrats, you topped them.
Thank you! I’ll take that as a compliment!

I don’t shy away from the potential controversy of my personal opinions. That’s why I stated so preemptively in my original message.

I guess you can call me an alpha.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:28 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by wannaGOback:
Thank you! I’ll take that as a compliment!

I don’t shy away from the potential controversy of my personal opinions. That’s why I stated so preemptively in my original message.

I guess you can call me an alpha.

Your preference for toothpick WR's that are weak at the catch point and will be just helpers on the team that drafts them does not make you an Alpha.

Sorry.

:-)

Troy Franklin is the flavor of the moment for the analytics bros that don't know ball, congrats for jumping on the bandwagon.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:29 PM 02-28-2024
Your preference for toothpick WR's that are weak at the catch point and will be just helpers on the team that drafts them does not make you an Alpha.

Sorry.

Troy Franklin is the flavor of the moment, congrats for jumping on the bandwagon.

And your preference for bigger, slower guys who don’t separate doesn’t make you an alpha, either.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:33 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And your preference for bigger, slower guys who don’t separate doesn’t make you an alpha, either.
If all it took was running fast in a straight line and the

Acceleration/Suddenness

Routes

Catching Ability

didn't matter then sign me up for frail Franklin.

When Josh Rosen came out I said I would make him my #1 overall pick...

in Flag Football.

Franklin could be Chosen One's WR 1.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:09 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
A is Mitchell. B is Franklin.

If you knew that and are categorizing Franklin as a tiny slot-only guy, you’re just way off.

He lined up inside and out and his best reps against Washington are split evenly between the outside and the slot. And his tape from 22 and 23 backs that up.

I don’t have a problem with liking Thomas more than Franklin. I probably do, too if picking between them in a vacuum.

I do have a problem with acting like Franklin is trash or mid-representing his alignment tendencies.
If Franklin and Thomas Jr. were both available at 32, right now I don't know who I would choose. Maybe after the combine it will be more clear.

If Keon Coleman was available, I would definitely take him because I think he has the most upside, and a skill set that Mahomes would love to take advantage of.

If we ended up with Polk and Brenden Rice with later picks, I would not be upset at all.

Imagine having Rashee Rice and Brenden Rice on the same team. The New & Improved Chiefs Offense, now with Twice the Rice.
[Reply]
Palangi 07:53 PM 02-28-2024
If all it took was running fast in a straight line and the

Acceleration/Suddenness

Routes

Catching Ability

didn't matter then sign me up for frail Franklin.

When Josh Rosen came out I said I would make him my #1 overall pick...

in Flag Football.

Franklin could be Chosen One's WR 1.

I feel like you are constantly over compensating for something small…..?
[Reply]
Stryker 07:54 PM 02-28-2024
For the record I like Troy Franklin - the others in the OP will be taken higher than KC can attain.

ESPN - Mel Kiper first mock has KC at this...

32. Kansas City Chiefs
Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas

I don't see a reason to change the position here. The Chiefs had major issues at receiver last season -- their pass-catchers led the league in drops (38). The word I've used to describe Worthy is electrifying, because he has amazing movement skills in space. He can score from any spot on the field. He had 26 receiving touchdowns over three seasons at Texas.

The one problem with this fit is that Worthy had his share of drops in 2022. He cut those in half last season (from 10 to 5). Most of those were concentration drops. I can see why Chiefs fans might worry about a speedy playmaker who has problems holding on to the ball, but Worthy showed last season that he's past the issue.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:01 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Stryker:
For the record I like Troy Franklin - the others in the OP will be taken higher than KC can attain.

ESPN - Mel Kiper first mock has KC at this...

32. Kansas City Chiefs
Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas

I don't see a reason to change the position here. The Chiefs had major issues at receiver last season -- their pass-catchers led the league in drops (38). The word I've used to describe Worthy is electrifying, because he has amazing movement skills in space. He can score from any spot on the field. He had 26 receiving touchdowns over three seasons at Texas.

The one problem with this fit is that Worthy had his share of drops in 2022. He cut those in half last season (from 10 to 5). Most of those were concentration drops. I can see why Chiefs fans might worry about a speedy playmaker who has problems holding on to the ball, but Worthy showed last season that he's past the issue.
XAVIER WORTHY

TROY FRANKLIN

So, who do you guys prefer? I still like Franklin :-)
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 08:01 PM 02-28-2024
Brenden Rice, WR, USC
Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2024): 3-5.

2/24/24: With Jordan Addison in the NFL, Rice helped pick up the slack in 2023 and turned in a strong senior year for the Trojans. He totaled 45 receptions for 791 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2023. Rice was a reliable receiver for Caleb Williams, using his size and polished route-running to make catches for his quarterback. Rice has good size and uses it well to make contested catches. If he runs well during the leadup to the 2024 NFL Draft, that could help him to rise. Rice is the son of NFL great and Hall of Famer Jerry Rice.

Rice Rice baby!!

Luke McCaffrey, WR, Rice
Height: 6-1. Weight: 202.
Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.

2/24/24: McCaffrey caught 71 passes for 992 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2023. During 2022, he caught 58 receptions for 723 yards and six touchdowns. McCaffrey is the younger brother of 49ers running back Christian McCaffrey. McCaffrey performed well at the Senior Bowl to help himself.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:04 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Palangi:
I feel like you are constantly over compensating for something small…..?
WTF is up with your tiny avatar?

A little lion?!

Should be a sheep or a cow.

A herd animal.
[Reply]
Palangi 10:26 PM 02-28-2024
WTF is up with your tiny avatar?

A little lion?!

Should be a sheep or a cow.

A herd animal.
Over compensation for sure…