ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 27 of 37
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
Mr_Tomahawk 02:04 PM 12-07-2014
The BigXII shot itself in the foot yesterday with the round-robin setup. 4 of the 5 P5 conferences have a championship game. The higher seed in each of those games got into the playoffs...whether those are the 4 top teams or not. I don't think FSU or OSU are a top 4 team...but that's for another thread.

The Big12 is going to be relying on the lower seed to win one of these championship games from her on out if they choose not to have a B12 CCG. IMO, that isn't a good way to get your conference represented in the playoffs...
The round-robin is cute...but until they expand to 8 teams. The B12 could find themselves in this situation more often than Not.

The Baylor vs KSU was the championship argument is flawed as is the B12 could have had 2 teams in the playoffs...

So....to get the B12 back to....12 teams, what two teams would you add?

Poll to come...
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 05:13 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
:-)

You were under the lights at Fauggot Field!!
I had to look to make sure that wasn't the actual name. :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:32 PM 07-06-2022
I would say that adding Arizona and Arizona State would make it a really strong basketball conference. Also some amazing cities to visit for college kids travelling to games. Park City, Boulder, Tempe, Eugene, Seattle
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:13 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Or maybe we're here to simply laugh at the continued superiority complex of a now bottom feeder in both the "only sport that matters" and the "secondary sport since April 2008", 13 years later, still cackling about how Kansas is the one who's screwed while they're the ones who have taken full advantage of not being the SEC's little bitch in at least one sport.

But yeah, we're probably just terrified of a terrible football program not being even worse in the B1G or SEC.... **** how I wish I could watch KU go up against Alabama or Georgia or Ohio State every fall!

I day dream of a day when I can write love letters to 4 star offensive linemen for the world to see after talking about how easy it'll be to recruit in the SEC.

****in' clowns. LMAO

Calling a school a bottom feeder when it went right into the SEC and played in 2/3 conference championships right away is pretty comical. Especially when you realize that KU has literally NEVER played in a conference championship in their entire existence. I think most people understand the trajectory that Mizzou football is headed into right now and that’s why we would be upset to be in the position you are in. Obviously Drink is doing great things with recruiting now with the NIL’s and being in the most competitive conference. We’ll see if he can put together another few top 20 classes and get back to the level we were used to being at again. It should be fun having a good team again with a tough schedule to match up against every week.

I like basketball, but I think winning a title and still having no one come looking for you in the realignment picture tells you all you need to know about the primary vs secondary sports in the collegiate market. It’s not just some Mizzou opinion like you’re trying to suggest. If basketball really moved the pendulum you wouldn’t be stuck in the Big 12 dealing with this year after year now
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:19 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Unfortunately it’s not so. At least not yet. I still think the mountain four end up in the Big12. Fox and ESPN have exclusive negotiating rights for 30 days, then others can put in offers. They are projected to make less than the new Big12 currently, and if Oregon/Washington don’t want to sign a GoR it gives the others a reason to bounce. Might be the good part about the Big12 having an extra year of media rights.
You still sticking with that story even after I showed you were incorrect ?

The Baylor fan board has since corrected that faulty analysis btw
[Reply]
tredadda 06:24 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
We don't care about your stinkin' culture mismatch, just your dreamy football TV market*.

*Or lack of
Lol. Yeah, the Portland/Eugene market is not exactly a hotbed of college football or very large.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:25 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

If so, that would not be a bad conference.
It really wouldn’t. It’s more funny to see CU come groveling back to the Big 12 after leaving and giving them the finger not too long ago.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:33 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You still sticking with that story even after I showed you were incorrect ?

The Baylor fan board has since corrected that faulty analysis btw
You showed it was incorrect by giving data of the Pacs 1-3 rights vs the Big12’s tier 1 rights. And even then, it’s all just projections by outside sources. But most people expect the Big12 to continue to make more than the PAC, just like any other year. Big12 wins more games, gets more viewers. It’s just common sense really.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:01 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:

You were under the lights at Fauggot Field!!

You’re 315 lbs of raw, unadulterated skill.

You remind me so much of Michael Sams.

Check yes or no
Your friend Tommy
[Reply]
RustShack 07:06 PM 07-06-2022
Most watched programs in 2021-

10- Oregon
22 Oklahoma State
27 Iowa state
28 Cincinnati
30 Baylor
37 Utah
38 Washington
40 West Virginia
41 TCU
42 BYU
45 Tech
46 Stanford
47 Arizona state
50 KState
55 Kansas
59 Washington state
63 UCF
64 Colorado
67 Arizona
69 Oregon state
74 Houston
76 Cal

For fun, 60 Missouri

Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston were probably at a bit of a disadvantage playing in the G5, and BYU was independent.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:56 PM 07-06-2022

10- Oregon
22 Oklahoma State
27 Iowa state
28 Cincinnati
30 Baylor
37 Utah
38 Washington
40 West Virginia
41 TCU
42 BYU
45 Tech
46 Stanford
47 Arizona state
50 KState
55 Kansas
59 Washington state
63 UCF
64 Colorado
67 Arizona
69 Oregon state
74 Houston
76 Cal

For fun, 60 Missouri

Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston were probably at a bit of a disadvantage playing in the G5, and BYU was independent.
According to who? Link?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:03 PM 07-06-2022
You’re 315 lbs of raw, unadulterated skill.

You remind me so much of Michael Sams.

Check yes or no
Your friend Tommy
I would have your asshole looking like a turtleneck someone got a fight in if I ever meet you
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:04 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Calling a school a bottom feeder when it went right into the SEC and played in 2/3 conference championships right away is pretty comical. Especially when you realize that KU has literally NEVER played in a conference championship in their entire existence. I think most people understand the trajectory that Mizzou football is headed into right now and that’s why we would be upset to be in the position you are in. Obviously Drink is doing great things with recruiting now with the NIL’s and being in the most competitive conference. We’ll see if he can put together another few top 20 classes and get back to the level we were used to being at again. It should be fun having a good team again with a tough schedule to match up against every week.

I like basketball, but I think winning a title and still having no one come looking for you in the realignment picture tells you all you need to know about the primary vs secondary sports in the collegiate market. It’s not just some Mizzou opinion like you’re trying to suggest. If basketball really moved the pendulum you wouldn’t be stuck in the Big 12 dealing with this year after year now
You still living on ancient history? Moo has been a crash test dummy for the SEC for a decade. That isn't changing. Maybe you'll beat Kentucky in football here and there, and Vandy of course, but you'll never actually threaten the conference powers.

You'll always be bottom feeders in the SEC.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:04 PM 07-06-2022

10- Oregon
22 Oklahoma State
27 Iowa state
28 Cincinnati
30 Baylor
37 Utah
38 Washington
40 West Virginia
41 TCU
42 BYU
45 Tech
46 Stanford
47 Arizona state
50 KState
55 Kansas
59 Washington state
63 UCF
64 Colorado
67 Arizona
69 Oregon state
74 Houston
76 Cal

For fun, 60 Missouri

Nebraska is going to hire Campbell when Frost is fired this year. How's that make you feel?
[Reply]
Pants 08:04 PM 07-06-2022
“That dream went on for an abnormally long amount of time”

Spoiler for those who didn’t read it: there was a happy ending
[Reply]
RustShack 08:08 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Nebraska is going to hire Campbell when Frost is fired this year. How's that make you feel?
Yeah that’s neat and all, but he’s already turned down better offers than Nebraska lol. Like, much better offers.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 37
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up