ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Cry Macho! A story of being lost and then found.
Halfcan 09:06 PM 09-02-2021
Clint Eastwood is back.

https://www.hbomax.com/cry-macho?gcl...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:33 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Oh yes I can… Unforgiven is his greatest work of art, and the greatest western ever made
You’ve never seen High Plains Drifter? That’s the best western IMO. Hey blondie, you know what you are?? You’re a real son of a whawhawhawha.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:37 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Top three. You're forgetting the "Any Which Way" duology.
Right turn Clyde. My dad was a huge Clint fan. I think when him and my mom were together I saw every CE movie that was in theatres. As a kid I’d say those Any Which way movies were my favorites of his. As I got older definitely High Plains Drifter, The Unforgiven, and The Gauntlet became my favorites.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:31 PM 09-17-2021
Personally I feel like the twenty minute fist fight throughout the entire town was an underappreciated work of art.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:32 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You’ve never seen High Plains Drifter? That’s the best western IMO. Hey blondie, you know what you are?? You’re a real son of a whawhawhawha.
It’s got nothing on Unforgiven, bro

He was still kind of in that spaghetti mode with HPD, Unforgiven was more of a straight forward western without all the supernatural aspects

William Munny will always be the greatest Wild West gunfighter ever
[Reply]
srvy 08:05 PM 09-17-2021
Dont overlook Coogan's Bluff good flick.

Unforgiven
The Outlaw Josey Wales
High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider
The Good' the Bad and the Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars

In probably that order are my favorite Eastwood westerns.
[Reply]
srvy 08:20 PM 09-17-2021
Also, I just finished up Cry Macho. I wasn't disappointed as I have a feeling it's his swansong. I read an interview a few years back that he thought he had one last western in him and was looking for the right plot. I don't know if this was it but after playing macho in so many roles this kinda made sense. As he said in the movie "This macho thing ain't all it's cracked up to be."

What a legendary run, wont ever be another like him. IMO

I got to go back and review the credits to find out the singer at the open and end of the movie. He sounds like a young Merle Haggard so much. I think I know every Merle song and never heard these so I don't think it's Haggard.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:43 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Also, I just finished up Cry Macho. I wasn't disappointed as I have a feeling it's his swansong. I read an interview a few years back that he thought he had one last western in him and was looking for the right plot. I don't know if this was it but after playing macho in so many roles this kinda made sense. As he said in the movie "This macho thing ain't all it's cracked up to be."

What a legendary run, wont ever be another like him. IMO

I got to go back and review the credits to find out the singer at the open and end of the movie. He sounds like a young Merle Haggard so much. I think I know every Merle song and never heard these so I don't think it's Haggard.
Clint is an absolute living legend. His career will be analyzed forever. He’s made highbrow, lowbrow and everything in between.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 AM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Watched it. Not bad, but nothing great either. It’s very simple with very little plot.

I hate to say this, but probably time for Clint to stop acting. It felt like he stumbling over his lines at times. He can continue to direct of course.
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
woof

Time to take Clint’s keys away
Isnt he like in his 80's? No one can stop aging.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:31 AM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Isnt he like in his 80's? No one can stop aging.
more like 91
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:43 AM 09-18-2021
The only western that I might say is better than Unforgiven is Lonesome Dove. Great story, great acting (Robert Duvall's favorite role), great casting (outside of Anjelica Huston), memorable lines, and a nice score.

Dont overlook Coogan's Bluff good flick.

Unforgiven
The Outlaw Josey Wales
High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider
The Good' the Bad and the Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars

In probably that order are my favorite Eastwood westerns.

Coogan's Bluff inspired the old Dennis Weaver show McCloud, didn't it?

My ranking would be:

Unforgiven
High Plains Drifter
The Outlaw Josey Wales (This would be #2 but I'm not crazy about a lot of the scenes after he hooks up with his new "family.")
A Fistful of Dollars
The Good' the Bad and the Ugly (Eli Wallach owns this film. I do think the movie is a little bloated and could have stood to be cut down a bit)

I'm not a fan of Pale Rider. It's a total rip-off of Shane with some supernatural stuff tossed in for some reason.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:56 AM 09-18-2021
Clint did a pleasant job with this little film. Even in his 90s he is still punching guys out and has women falling all over him.

I hope he has a few more gems left in him.
[Reply]
srvy 11:52 AM 09-18-2021
Will Bannister-Find a New Home
Sounds so much like a young Hag here. I really thought I was listening to The Hag and I song I'd never heard. Good Stuff

[Reply]
srvy 11:59 AM 09-18-2021
Will Bannister-Find a New Home
Sounds so much like a young Hag here. I really thought I was listening to The Hag and I song I'd never heard. Good Stuff

Interesting story on this Will Bannister fellow and how he was found to do the opening and ending song.

https://www.thecountrynote.com/in-th...ilm-cry-macho/
[Reply]
Frazod 12:12 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Picking your favorite Eastwood movies is like picking your favorite child. You can't, really. Just some days you like some more than the others.
Unforgiven
Kelly's Heroes
Heartbreak Ridge
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:15 PM 09-18-2021
Dirty Harry has to rank pretty high. I liked the first sequel too.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up