Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>The Suicide Squad
Sure-Oz 02:53 PM 07-28-2021
Looks like it's opening Aug 6th

Rotten tomatoes score 98% on 54 reviews. Damn
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:48 PM 08-06-2021
I’m watching this right now and I am struggling to pay attention to it. I’m not caring about any of the characters and the flow is non-existent.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:34 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I’m watching this right now and I am struggling to pay attention to it. I’m not caring about any of the characters and the flow is non-existent.
This- worse than Green Knight. Turned it off 1/3rd of the way in.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:53 PM 08-06-2021
Ppl shit on Jared Letos portrayal of the Joker...but that's more aligned to the comic book joker than Ledger or Phoenix's joker. Its just that Nolan showed us who the joker could be if its not corny AF and everybody loved it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:24 AM 08-07-2021
I actually didn't like this one all that much. The action scenes weren't great, the humor didn't hit for me and I didn't give much of a shit about the characters.

Idris Elba had a really cool helmet and there were some funny moments between him and John Cena going back and forth.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:45 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I actually didn't like this one all that much. The action scenes weren't great, the humor didn't hit for me and I didn't give much of a shit about the characters.

Idris Elba had a really cool helmet and there were some funny moments between him and John Cena going back and forth.
Yea there’s going to be a large disconnect between critics and mainstream audiences on this one.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:27 PM 08-07-2021
One of the cheesiest films Ive ever seen. And ppl mock 90s cheese. Well what the fuck was this?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:08 PM 08-07-2021
I liked it, thought Harley Quinn was inconsequential to the plot, when you look back at what she did to influence the plot, it really wasn't anything, outside of "woman kicking ass" she didn't do anything really. Rick Flagg was done better in this film, Idris Elba was great as usual, just sells it on so many levels, and John Cena sold his dark humor really well. Ratcatcher 2 was the heart of the film and was the best character imo how she played off Elba, King Shark and the other cast. She also showed the most emotion and really sold the unfocused, millenial vibe. I wished they could've gotten Will Smith to play off of them as well as Deadshot again. Also Polka Dot man's running gag throughout the movie made me laugh hard, especially at the end of the film, it's tragic but funny at the same time. Overall it was better than the first, it was lighter instead of darker, funnier, and it didn't take itself too seriously which is what the Suicide Squad is at the end of the day. I'd give it a B.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:28 PM 08-07-2021
I was really looking forward to this, but came away pretty disappointed. It felt awfully slow. Just felt off for some reason.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 PM 08-07-2021
I loved it. Best DC movie since The Dark Knight IMO.

I guess you either love Gunn’s style, or you don’t.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:27 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea there’s going to be a large disconnect between critics and mainstream audiences on this one.
Not really actually. This movie is getting great audience ratings on sites like RT and IMDB too.

CP is the only place I’ve seen overwhelmingly negative feedback to be honest.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:30 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are among my favorites in the MCU. This was just not good.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are among my favorites in the MCU. This was just not good.
Fair enough, but you guys are certainly in the minority there.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:02 PM 08-07-2021
Fair enough, but you guys are certainly in the minority there.
A fact of life I came to grips with long ago.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:41 PM 08-07-2021

Not really actually. This movie is getting great audience ratings on sites like RT and IMDB too.

CP is the only place I’ve seen overwhelmingly negative feedback to be honest.
No shit. What do you think a James Gunn movie would be like? It’s like going to a Tarantino movie and complaining about violence.

Its not cinema. It’s campy fun. If that’s not your thing, it’s not a bad movie. You just don’t like that genre.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:06 AM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No shit. What do you think a James Gunn movie would be like? It’s like going to a Tarantino movie and complaining about violence.

Its not cinema. It’s campy fun. If that’s not your thing, it’s not a bad movie. You just don’t like that genre.
I surprisingly liked GOTG...did not like this...sooo
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up