ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 352
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Now I really want the Big12 to expand and grab up the top 5 AAC teams and maybe the top 2 MWC teams, and as a real pipe dream, BYU.

Screw ESPN.

American: University of South Florida, Tampa (61st percentile)

American: University of Central Florida (61st percentile)

American: University of Cincinnati (58th percentile)

American: University of Houston (45th percentile)

American: Temple University (41st percentile)

Independent: Brigham Young University (37th percentile)

Mountain West: Boise State University (35th percentile)

Mountain West: Colorado State University, Fort Collins (32nd percentile)
Screwing ESPN isn’t possible. They are the ones with the BILLIONS. And now they entered the Disney fold, no one is going to gamble and fuck with the big dog and just see what happens.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:11 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Ah the Kirk and Nick year.

Duke wasn't that great in 2003, beat them in the S16. Just before winning a nail-biter against Arizona (who obliterated us in Allen Fieldhouse earlier in the year)
I couldn't remember for sure but when you said Duke wasn't that good, I was curious. They were the #3 seed and KU was the #2 seed in that region. Sure, they weren't the usual #1 seeded Duke teams but they were still good enough to get a 3 seed.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:21 AM 08-05-2021
I forgot about that ankle injury, for some reason I thought that was what led to the too-close-for-comfort 1/16 game against Holy Cross in 2002.
I was thinking the same thing. You were correct in your initial memory.
Kirk did go down with a serious ankle injury in the first round against Holy Cross. KU was down 2 at halftime. It was a miracle that he was able to play the next game. And he played well.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2002/n...has_notsofond/
[Reply]
BWillie 08:24 AM 08-05-2021
I'm going to the 2021 ESPN Events Invitational in Orlando during Thanksgiving. Could not believe how cheap tickets were. It was like $150 for the lower bowl for all games per person. The flight on the other hand...

Looks like the teams in it are North Texas, Dayton, Miami, Alabama, Belmont, Drake Iona.
So should be KU vs Bama and Nate Oats in the Championship game.
[Reply]
sedated 01:31 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I couldn't remember for sure but when you said Duke wasn't that good, I was curious. They were the #3 seed and KU was the #2 seed in that region. Sure, they weren't the usual #1 seeded Duke teams but they were still good enough to get a 3 seed.
I looked it up, not only were they the 3 seed in the region, they were #7 in the country.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:32 PM 08-05-2021
Ah the Kirk and Nick year.

Duke wasn't that great in 2003, beat them in the S16. Just before winning a nail-biter against Arizona (who obliterated us in Allen Fieldhouse earlier in the year)
That Arizona game earlier in the year, wasn't KU up like 20 in the first half before collapsing the rest of the way?
[Reply]
Al Czervik 02:43 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
That Arizona game earlier in the year, wasn't KU up like 20 in the first half before collapsing the rest of the way?
Correct....they were kicking their ass. Shots stopped failing and then they lost by 17.

They were up 13 at half.....30 point swing.....
[Reply]
Lzen 07:49 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Correct....they were kicking their ass. Shots stopped failing and then they lost by 17.

They were up 13 at half.....30 point swing.....
That was one of the most ridiculous things I'd ever seen out of a KU team. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:13 AM 08-10-2021
We landed a 5 star recruit for next year. MJ Rice.

“Rice is a powerfully-built wing who is a true matchup nightmare in the high school game. He has the physical build of a Mack truck but combines his powerful frame with a great amount of athleticism and skill. He is simply a strong-bodied wing who can score at all three levels. His strength allows him to be extremely effective on the drive as he bullies and overpowers opposing defenders on his way to the rim where he is an elite finisher.”

Sounds a lot like another Wayne Selden.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:20 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
We landed a 5 star recruit for next year. MJ Rice.

“Rice is a powerfully-built wing who is a true matchup nightmare in the high school game. He has the physical build of a Mack truck but combines his powerful frame with a great amount of athleticism and skill. He is simply a strong-bodied wing who can score at all three levels. His strength allows him to be extremely effective on the drive as he bullies and overpowers opposing defenders on his way to the rim where he is an elite finisher.”

Sounds a lot like another Wayne Selden.
The Adidas bag man is back baby.

We got Grady Dick because he's been a KU fan all his life. But getting another 5-star with no real KU ties. We're back baby. NCAA ain't gonna do shit.
[Reply]
sedated 11:58 AM 08-10-2021
Speculation from some people is that he's going pro and won't play college ball. Although I'm not sure why anyone would go through committing if they have eyes on the pros.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:14 PM 08-10-2021
Speculation from some people is that he's going pro and won't play college ball. Although I'm not sure why anyone would go through committing if they have eyes on the pros.
Some kids just like the attention. Not saying that is the case here because I have zero knowledge of the kid.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:27 PM 08-10-2021
I heard he was using us to get a McDonald’s AA invite. If that’s true, then it’s probably a play to increase his NIL cash.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:37 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m expecting a huge punishment because it’s a very ncaa thing to do to let UNC walk for letting their kids commit academic fraud but blast KU for doing what literally every school is doing. Yes, even Wichita State Chiefroo.
UNC skated because the NCAA didn’t have purview to punish schools for that.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:13 AM 08-12-2021
ticket selection for season tickets happening in about an hour for me
[Reply]
Page 19 of 352
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up