ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 272 of 423
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322372 > Last »
The Meltdown Lounge>***Official 2021 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:01 PM 01-07-2021
For all things Royals for the new year.

Free Agent Signings:
Carlos Santana
Mike Minor
Michael Taylor
Ervin Santana

Top 10 Prospects:
1 Bobby Witt Jr., SS
2 Asa Lacy, LHP
3 Daniel Lynch, LHP
4 Jackson Kowar, RHP
5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Valiant 03:35 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Who has now came out of his prime and already slowing down productivity-wise.
I think that is more team related. You put him on a playoff team and I feel like he exceeds prior records.

I think he has 4 to 5 years left.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:01 PM 07-26-2021
For all the talk about Merrifield's age and etc, his sprint speed, hard-hit rate, and exit velocities are all pretty much right where they've been. He's still in the 90th percentile for sprint speed (and faster than Michael Taylor, for example).

I don't anticipate a big decline any time soon.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:03 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
For all the talk about Merrifield's age and etc, his sprint speed, hard-hit rate, and exit velocities are all pretty much right where they've been. He's still in the 90th percentile for sprint speed (and faster than Michael Taylor, for example).

I don't anticipate a big decline any time soon.
You just have to wonder how far away the Royals are...if you think this team isn't going to be even competitive till say 24 or 25 then you should be moving him.
[Reply]
nychief 04:50 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You just have to wonder how far away the Royals are...if you think this team isn't going to be even competitive till say 24 or 25 then you should be moving him.

They aren't punting on two or three seasons.... I mean these assholes thought they were going to push for the playoffs THIS SEASON, which shows how pie in the sky GMDM can be. I don't agree with them, but from everything i've read, they think they are closer to the end of the rebuild than the beginning... which again, take the source. I mean even hiring Bible Matheny was a win now sorta move... he's terrible with kids.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:31 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by nychief:
They aren't punting on two or three seasons.... I mean these assholes thought they were going to push for the playoffs THIS SEASON, which shows how pie in the sky GMDM can be. I don't agree with them, but from everything i've read, they think they are closer to the end of the rebuild than the beginning... which again, take the source. I mean even hiring Bible Matheny was a win now sorta move... he's terrible with kids.
This organization is so fucking delusional. Hopefully Sherman isn't an idiot and cans these clowns sooner than later. Fucking DM thinks he can pray his problems away or ask God who he should sign/draft and if Dayton has proven anything it's that God doesn't know shit about baseball.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:33 PM 07-26-2021
Soler is red hot. Another Dong
[Reply]
Mecca 06:40 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This organization is so fucking delusional. Hopefully Sherman isn't an idiot and cans these clowns sooner than later. Fucking DM thinks he can pray his problems away or ask God who he should sign/draft and if Dayton has proven anything it's that God doesn't know shit about baseball.
They should be tanking on purpose but Dayton refuses to do that....they could have flipped Soler and Dozier in the past couple of years for solid returns yet now we're stuck with them or will get nothing in return.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:42 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They should be tanking on purpose but Dayton refuses to do that....they could have flipped Soler and Dozier in the past couple of years for solid returns yet now we're stuck with them or will get nothing in return.
Yea, Solar is a guy who should have been flipped.
[Reply]
tk13 06:53 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They should be tanking on purpose but Dayton refuses to do that....they could have flipped Soler and Dozier in the past couple of years for solid returns yet now we're stuck with them or will get nothing in return.
I think that time is over. Honestly Witt and Pratto might be ready to be up now. Some of the pitchers should be starting to figure things out over the next year or two.

There's zero reason to tank now, otherwise you're just trading for guys who aren't going to be up until like 2025 and by then you'll have wasted most of this group's service time.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:58 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think that time is over. Honestly Witt and Pratto might be ready to be up now. Some of the pitchers should be starting to figure things out over the next year or two.

There's zero reason to tank now, otherwise you're just trading for guys who aren't going to be up until like 2025 and by then you'll have wasted most of this group's service time.
I mean more so the last few years...guys like Soler aren't really going to help this generation of the team. He should have always been a player to flip if he had a big year...which he did.
[Reply]
tk13 07:08 PM 07-26-2021
Soler is going to break his team record by hitting 45 homers in the second half of the season.
[Reply]
kstater 07:08 PM 07-26-2021
Soler is fisting Kuechel tonight


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:08 PM 07-26-2021
Wow.

Soler is locked in right now. Crushing everything and looking like the guy that led the AL in HR’s a couple years back.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:09 PM 07-26-2021
Soler must have found a roids guy over the All-Star break
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:10 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Soler must have found a roids guy over the All-Star break
I thought it was ringworm cream!
[Reply]
Page 272 of 423
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322372 > Last »
Up