ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:51 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The "Catch Me Outside" girl, Danielle Bregoli, set up an Only Fans account less than two weeks ago and earned $1 million dollars in less than 6 hours!
What is it they say......"there's a sucker born every minute"?

People who donated to that also probably think Wrestling is real and Jerry Springer isn't staged.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:38 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:05 PM 04-17-2021
I was considering getting Disney+ for the MCU features so I would like to thank everyone for their opinions on Scarlet Witch and Vision plus Falcon and The Winter Soldier. After IW and EG my interest has really declined in the MCU. Maybe it's like Star Wars and Star Trek, so much of the BS present in society is creeping into entertainment and I'd rather be able to escape that rather than be reminded.

Thanks for saving me some $.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:15 PM 04-17-2021
You're misunderstanding my criticism. Criticism doesn't equal "hate".

I don't think it's well-written, well-directed or well-scored. Each episode meanders and flips from one character's perspective to another without any reason. To date, the showrunner has given us no real reason why this show exists in the MCU.

They've failed to introduce any new interesting characters, although last night's episode might be a glimpse of what's to come. But overall, there's just no reason for this series to have existed, unless absolutely everything that's supposed to help shape Phase 4 and Phase 5 happens in the final episode.

But the reason I'm watching is because I've (or we've, if you've been reading the internet) been told that what happens in this series will affect the MCU moving forward. So far, I'm just not seeing it but the show has once last chance at redemption.

If episode 6 sucks, it's going to cast a long shadow on the other Disney+ MCU television series.
I still like it overall. For all the missteps, sometimes we get a truly great scene like the one with Sam and Bucky throwing the shield around. That might have been the best scene in the entire series so far.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:23 PM 04-17-2021
The show isn't going to cast some dark shadow over the mcu. It's not bad. It's not like it's the disney+ version of that horrible Inhumans show with Anson Mount that bombed on ABC or something like that. The only real problem with FatWS is that it's just okay. It isn't special in any way, aside from some movie quality action scenes. But it's not a disaster, either.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:50 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Interesting....then what would make any of them desire to continue on as Avenger's? Especially after seeing that money can't keep you from danger as an Avenger.
:-)

Then please explain Tony Stark.

Oh....and if we are going to play "real world" here, I am betting there would be lawyers galore lined up to sue the Avenger's for damages suffered by companies/individuals? Survivor's of Sokovia who might blame the Avengers?
Um, did you not see Captain America: Civil War or End Game?

Ant Man, The Falcon, Hawkeye and others were imprisoned, not just at a regular prison but "The Raft", an underwater prison with no known location. And then, they were on house arrest for 2 full years afterwards.

We aren't going to agree....I just don't see that as a plot hole. I can accept the premise that they all are struggling a lot more than I could accept them all as billionaires.
It's a MASSIVE plot hole.

"Normal" people are generating millions of dollars every year through sites like Only Fans and Go Fund Me. It's extremely naïve to believe that these heroes would have ANY type of money problems. Not only are those sites generating millions, if not billions but as King stated, they could set up a $10 dollar meet and greet and earn tens of millions, just from autographs and photo seekers.

For a series that asks us to partake in "Suspension of Disbelief", this side-story pulls you right out of that reality because it's just so dumb to think any of them would be struggling financially.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:57 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The show isn't going to cast some dark shadow over the mcu.
That's not what I said. I said that if this program doesn't give us some reason to have spent 5+ hours watching, it would cast a "long" shadow, not dark, over the other MCU TV series, especially considering that most of them feature characters not yet seen on the big screen.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's not bad. It's not like it's the disney+ version of that horrible Inhumans show with Anson Mount that bombed on ABC or something like that. The only real problem with FatWS is that it's just okay. It isn't special in any way, aside from some movie quality action scenes. But it's not a disaster, either.
For series that was hyped for two years before its debut, it's been a disappointment. It's nothing more than a Network TV action/procedural and in no way does it justify its $150 million dollar price tag.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:51 PM 04-17-2021
:-)

Then please explain Tony Stark.

Um, did you not see Captain America: Civil War or End Game?

Ant Man, The Falcon, Hawkeye and others were imprisoned, not just at a regular prison but "The Raft", an underwater prison with no known location. And then, they were on house arrest for 2 full years afterwards.

It's a MASSIVE plot hole.

"Normal" people are generating millions of dollars every year through sites like Only Fans and Go Fund Me. It's extremely naïve to believe that these heroes would have ANY type of money problems. Not only are those sites generating millions, if not billions but as King stated, they could set up a $10 dollar meet and greet and earn tens of millions, just from autographs and photo seekers.

For a series that asks us to partake in "Suspension of Disbelief", this side-story pulls you right out of that reality because it's just so dumb to think any of them would be struggling financially.
Interesting, you have no problem suspending your disbelief of the fact that in the real world:

1) There is no possibility of a super serum that would make a real Captain America
2) There is no real technology that allows Iron Man, Roadie, Ant Man, Winter Soldier, Bucky, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision to exist
3) Thor or Bruce Banner/Hulk have no possibility of existence

Yet you bitch because they haven't made all the Avengers all billionaires.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:37 PM 04-17-2021
I won’t lie. The fight scene at the beginning was a pretty big letdown.

The fight in Winter Soldier on the street with cap and Bucky was the best fight scene in the MCU IMO. The speed, precision, ferocity and stakes were real.

It’s weird to think the dude in that fight survived two different massive alien attacks on the front lines in Infinity War and EndGame. The fight was slow, sloppy groggy. And other then when Walker was Shields up ready to smash Sams head, it never felt like it had any stakes.

There is too much side stuff going on. I appreciated the bot rebuild part, more than most here, especially after Bucky showed up with jokes and pickup lines, but the pacing is really bad.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:43 PM 04-17-2021
For those that have forgotten.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:45 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
For those that have forgotten.

Best fight in the MCU imo. Dr. Strange vs Thanos is a close second (the NYC fight and pretty much all the fights in Infinity War are also outstanding).
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:53 PM 04-17-2021
It just feels like we are only getting like a third of the story.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:18 PM 04-17-2021
Interesting, you have no problem suspending your disbelief of the fact that in the real world:

1) There is no possibility of a super serum that would make a real Captain America
2) There is no real technology that allows Iron Man, Roadie, Ant Man, Winter Soldier, Bucky, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision to exist
3) Thor or Bruce Banner/Hulk have no possibility of existence

Yet you bitch because they haven't made all the Avengers all billionaires.
And now, you're being an asshole and you can just fuck right off with that shit.

First off, Suspension of Disbelief is expected any time the audience is watching Sci Fi or Fantasy stories. That's a given. But what's NOT supposed to happen is that you're taken out of the story by something so blatantly false and obvious, which is exactly what the show runner decided when he chose to take the "broke" angle.

So, I'm supposed to believe that Iron Man, Wanda, Vision, The Hulk, et al, ALL exist in the real world but Go Fund Me, Meet & Greets and Only Fans doesn't?

I couldn't care less if you don't understand the fact that people are donating money worldwide for causes or nudies but it's happening every single minute of every single day.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised you can overlook something that's so blatantly stupid and out of place.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:41 PM 04-17-2021
Sam and Bucky would make a killing on Onlyfans
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:03 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It just feels like we are only getting like a third of the story.
too late now

a bunch of twitter lefties took super soldier serum and we got this instead
[Reply]
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up