ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 70
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:25 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Scrunchyface Murdergirl :-)

Yeah, she's definitely the Jar Jar/Stammets of this show. They should have spaced her ass.
If she were a guy she could have played football without a helmet, being born with one and all:

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:44 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Wow. That's... a lot....
Of Picard looking/sounding very old and feeble?
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:50 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
If she were a guy she could have played football without a helmet, being born with one and all:

In fairness, she was great in Dick Tracy

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:51 PM 01-21-2022
looks good

Welcome to the road not taken. �� #StarTrekPicard #StarTrek https://t.co/bpxokj5q5H pic.twitter.com/lOquhyR2PC

— Star Trek (@StarTrek) January 21, 2022

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:00 PM 01-21-2022
Really not much I watch anymore but I'm awaiting this. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 06:51 PM 01-21-2022
That looks a tick better than I thought it would
[Reply]
Frazod 07:25 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That looks a tick better than I thought it would
Yes, it does. De Lancie looks to have held up pretty well. OTOH, I assume the Guinan scenes will mostly be shot from the neck up while she's seated. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:47 PM 01-22-2022
Please please please be better than the first season
[Reply]
Frazod 11:18 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Please please please be better than the first season
No shit. The more I've reflected on the first season the less I like it. Outside of the nostalgia factor it didn't offer much. And that rescue scene where Riker showed up with a hundred identical ships was perhaps the laziest thing I've seen in Star Trek since they reused the bird of prey explosion.

Still far better than Discovery, though.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:31 AM 01-23-2022
No shit. The more I've reflected on the first season the less I like it. Outside of the nostalgia factor it didn't offer much. And that rescue scene where Riker showed up with a hundred identical ships was perhaps the laziest thing I've seen in Star Trek since they reused the bird of prey explosion.
As lazy as it was in special effects, it might have been even lazier storytelling. Failed to build a story to a satisfying climax? Add more ships! It'll trick 'em into thinking it's epic! It's emblematic of the laziness of Kurtzman Trek as a whole.

Originally Posted by :
Still far better than Discovery, though.
Better than seasons 3 & 4 sure, but 1 & 2? To be clear I'm not meaning to praise seasons 1 & 2, but the Pike stuff alone was better than anything in Picard. I think the only genuinely good thing in the entire season of Picard was the scene with Data at the end, and even that doesn't really make sense if you think about it too much.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:12 AM 01-23-2022
Season 2 was only good because of the inclusion of Pike and the Enterprise crew, the Talos IV aliens/survivor, and most importantly the Enterprise itself. The design of the Enterprise and her bridge is the one thing that these clowns absolutely hit out of the park.

Other than that, it was just more Mary Sue/Space Jesus/Greenwich Village coffee shop douchebags in space crap.

I really cannot stress how much I loathe the Discovery crew. The whole bunch of them couldn't change a fucking tire, let alone save the galaxy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:00 AM 01-23-2022
I've actually watched a few episodes of this most recent season of Discovery. It is some awful, awful stuff at this point and truly a dropoff from what was already a pretty bad S3.

Let's hope whoever is involved with Picard S2 had nothing to do with that abomination and that they've improved on the Picard S1 rendition.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:21 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I've actually watched a few episodes of this most recent season of Discovery. It is some awful, awful stuff at this point and truly a dropoff from what was already a pretty bad S3.

Let's hope whoever is involved with Picard S2 had nothing to do with that abomination and that they've improved on the Picard S1 rendition.
Damn, I've so over Discovery that I didn't even realize there was a Season 4. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:09 AM 01-23-2022
Damn, I've so over Discovery that I didn't even realize there was a Season 4. :-)
The first episode or two of Season 3 were so bad I couldn't force myself to watch anymore of it, and I"ll watch damn near anything Star Trek.

I was surprised when I saw they made a season 4. Will not be watching it.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:38 AM 01-23-2022
I got through the first episode of Season 3, but lasted about a minute into the second episode. All it took was catching a glimpse of that fucking sow Tilly waddling across the bridge. I figure Stammets probably blew somebody in the following scene, but alas, I'll never know.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 70
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up