ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 25
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
Fish 11:52 PM 03-24-2023
https://participantskc.altasciences....ilable-studies
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:46 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm confused as fuck reading about how this works on the internet since apparently it may work different when you're working remotely, but at the very least try and open your claim with Massachusetts. Their maximum is much, much higher.
It's not that confusing. Since he lived in MO, that's where he worked as he paid MO taxes and they paid in unemployment ins to MO.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:48 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It's not that confusing. Since he lived in MO, that's where he worked as he paid MO taxes and they paid in unemployment ins to MO.
You'd think, but read people asking about this exact scenario and some of them ended up filing in the state the company was based. It's pretty much dependant on whether the company payroll/HR actually took the time to establish where the employee lives or not.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 AM 03-25-2023
There's also no harm in trying Massachusetts first. Worst thing that'll.happen is they'll redirect him to Missouri if need be. The max benefit is 1015 compared to 320.
[Reply]
threebag 07:52 AM 03-25-2023
You might have to have that vagrant that was hanging out at your place move in permanent
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:31 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Thanks everyone. I went to the tournament tonight left after the first game I'm pretty down. Working on my resume now will peak on indeed here and there this weekend and then Monday my new job is to find a job. Going to get up at 8am apply for stuff around noon I'll take a break hit the gym, in the afternoon hit the library and apply for more stuff. I should probably just shut up and log off but **** it feels good to vent my family is worried about me which sucks on top of the job stuff but it will all workout.

I feel bad for those who have a family and kids who go through this shit.
When you have wife and kids, your stress level peaks....I have been a part of "restructuring" (gotta love how we sugar coat what it really is) when my kids were younger. No pressure is greater than knowing that you need to get back out there and get a job to support your family. And you have to try and hide your insecurities because you don't want your kids to see you worrying because they will pick up on it and worry too.

Oddly enough I found myself being possessed with finding the next job...and my work skills, ability to relate and desire in selling myself to potential employers always paid off.

Always show confidence, but never be brash

Acknowledge your areas of opportunities and your desire to improve

When you are getting ready to interview for a new company, always spend time learning about who they are, what they do, and how your skillset translates

And lastly.....even if you do not get the position, thank them for the opportunity to interview. You never know when something may come up that the HR or Hiring Manager may have that might make them remember you later. (I have gotten a couple of jobs that way)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:33 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
It is literally incredible watching Excel masters do work. Like....it looks like magic sometimes.
It's the very life blood of my work...most of my job is working in Excel all day long
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:37 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's what my job is right now - a bunch of spreadsheets.

But I also spent my first 14 years here using primarily Visio, so this is a nice change.
The interesting thing these days is the number of college graduates who barely know the minimum functionality of an Excel spreadsheet.

Most will say their skills are Intermediate....but are really Beginner
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:41 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
It is interesting seeing the type of work people are good at and people enjoy doing and how vastly different things make different people happy or miserable.
I am the corporate Senior Credit Manager....have been doing the same thing for 45+ years now....people ask me how I can enjoy doing my job making business credit decisions and asking companies to pay the invoices.

I have always loved this work....never wanted to do anything else.
[Reply]
alanm 08:51 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Drag the George Brett statue in front of the office building and wait for them to come out.
This is why I love this place!! :-)
[Reply]
Otter 01:50 PM 03-25-2023
Kick open the door in your first interview, get 2 inches away from your potential boss's face and scream "I'm here to give fellatio and make you money" while bursting his/her eardrums and leaving speckles of saliva on their face.

You'll find out if you fit in and have a future with the company immediately.

Go getum' Billay!
[Reply]
Rausch 01:54 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you can do it all online

super easy
You seem to know as much about unemployment as I do FMLA.

We're valuable coworkers to have in this economy...
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:02 PM 03-25-2023
Just be like these guys and you're golden, Titty

NSFW CONTENT

[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:13 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You'd think, but read people asking about this exact scenario and some of them ended up filing in the state the company was based. It's pretty much dependant on whether the company payroll/HR actually took the time to establish where the employee lives or not.
They would be breaking the law in that scenario which would be........on point for HR.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:10 PM 03-25-2023
Sorry to hear but you'll land on your feet. As tempting as it may be to go off on anybody, I'd take the high road because you never know when professional paths cross again and someday you may be glad you left on a high note. Good luck......
[Reply]
Page 13 of 25
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up