ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
In58men 09:35 PM 03-24-2023
Cry more bitch
[Reply]
RunKC 09:42 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
It is literally incredible watching Excel masters do work. Like....it looks like magic sometimes.
I use smartsheet and man it is so much easier to use than creating things on excel
[Reply]
SturmHunter 09:53 PM 03-24-2023
Government jobs are recession proof.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:05 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Thanks everyone. I went to the tournament tonight left after the first game I'm pretty down. Working on my resume now will peak on indeed here and there this weekend and then Monday my new job is to find a job. Going to get up at 8am apply for stuff around noon I'll take a break hit the gym, in the afternoon hit the library and apply for more stuff. I should probably just shut up and log off but fuck it feels good to vent my family is worried about me which sucks on top of the job stuff but it will all workout.

I feel bad for those who have a family and kids who go through this shit.
did you apply for unemployment?

do it ASAP, you're literally stealing money from yourself if you don't
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:25 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
did you apply for unemployment?

do it ASAP, you're literally stealing money from yourself if you don't
I called them I have to file Monday since I technically worked today. Resume is also updated. Monday we riot
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 PM 03-24-2023
I called them I have to file Monday since I technically worked today. Resume is also updated. Monday we riot
you can do it all online

super easy
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:29 PM 03-24-2023
Also keep in mind you're going to have a waiting week before you get money. Depending on which side of the line you're on the max you can draw is massively different too.

Edit: actually, you file unemployment where your employer is, not where you live. Interesting
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:33 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Also keep in mind you're going to have a waiting week before you get money. Depending on which side of the line you're on the max you can draw is massively different too.
For some reason I thought Missouri took a couple of weeks? They also pay less than Kansas I knew I should have never moved lol
[Reply]
Fish 10:34 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Sorry to hear it meat. Good news is, everybody needs help. Hit the wires, get apps in. Find every competitor for you company and apply there. That's a good place to start. If you have logistics, I know the Railroads hire a lot. If you can land yourself a Railroad pension, that's a big deal (as the stock market continues to flounder....like a cunt)

If you want, PM me your email and I'll review your resume for you. I'm pretty decent at cleaning them up.
FYI... now is a really really bad time to get into the railroad industry. My best buddy has been at BNSF here in KC for over 20 years. The last 4-5 years have been a complete utter shitshow. They don't even do any pension plans anymore as of March 2019. That's gone, replaced with a weak ass 401K. Railroad employees are technically given 0 days of sick leave. And now with the new weird attendance policy, regardless of whether you're a 40yr vet or a greenhand, they basically have complete control of your work schedule. It's really fucked up, and nobody is happy except the top executives. Record profits along side record layoffs and the expectation of doing the same amount of work with much fewer employees. They even tried to strike, but Biden/Congress forced them back to work. I would recommend staying far away from anything involving the railroad if possible.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:38 PM 03-24-2023
For some reason I thought Missouri took a couple of weeks? They also pay less than Kansas I knew I should have never moved lol
Don't know where your employer is so it may be moot but Missouri has a 10 day waiting period when opening or restarting a claim. You don't get $ on your waiting week anyway so it's not really worth worrying about unless you start a claim, get a job, then have to file for unemployment again. That's when the waiting week gets annoying. Have to deal with that shit every time we go on TLO and it even worse when Ford doesn't do their end proper.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:42 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't know where your employer is so it may be moot but Missouri has a 10 day waiting period when opening or restarting a claim. You don't get $ on your waiting week anyway so it's not really worth worrying about unless you start a claim, get a job, then have to file for unemployment again. That's when the waiting week gets annoying. Have to deal with that shit every time we go on TLO and it even worse when Ford doesn't do their end proper.
They are based out of MA I worked remotely in MO
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:50 PM 03-24-2023
I'm confused as fuck reading about how this works on the internet since apparently it may work different when you're working remotely, but at the very least try and open your claim with Massachusetts. Their maximum is much, much higher.
[Reply]
Eureka 10:50 PM 03-24-2023
Come to a LV game with me this season Billay.

Such an opportunity to move back in to your parents place and reassess your life. A sugar momma will do that same and could give you a slightly better push every night.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
FYI... now is a really really bad time to get into the railroad industry. My best buddy has been at BNSF here in KC for over 20 years. The last 4-5 years have been a complete utter shitshow. They don't even do any pension plans anymore as of March 2019. That's gone, replaced with a weak ass 401K. Railroad employees are technically given 0 days of sick leave. And now with the new weird attendance policy, regardless of whether you're a 40yr vet or a greenhand, they basically have complete control of your work schedule. It's really fucked up, and nobody is happy except the top executives. Record profits along side record layoffs and the expectation of doing the same amount of work with much fewer employees. They even tried to strike, but Biden/Congress forced them back to work. I would recommend staying far away from anything involving the railroad if possible.
Interesting.

That’s probably sound advice. My BIL works for UP and hasn’t mentioned any details other than getting fucked on the union negotiation.

Nevermind.

Find a coop. Some of them still have pensions.

Can you tell I’m super jealous of the pension folks?
[Reply]
Fish 11:17 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Interesting.

That’s probably sound advice. My BIL works for UP and hasn’t mentioned any details other than getting fucked on the union negotiation.

Nevermind.

Find a coop. Some of them still have pensions.

Can you tell I’m super jealous of the pension folks?
I consider myself to be very lucky to get on the state pension plan that I'm on. I've been at my current employment for 20 years now. They ended the pension program 2 or 3 years after I was hired. The 401K match plan they replaced it with is total garbage in comparison. If I can make it to 65 without getting my ass fired, I'll be retiring sitting pretty.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up