ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 1208
« First < 78128168174175176177178 1791801811821882282786781178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:57 AM 07-08-2016
Thinking of French crepes with crème fraîche inside, strawberries and zig-zag chocolate ganache on top.

Chocolate soufflé with some fresh strawberries on the side? Never made before, could be risky.

Chocolate goes well after red meat. Seems it sets off a powerful yin-and-yang affect after I have steak or red meat. Does it with you?

Any ideas on red wines?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:58 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
Baked halibut and rice. The boy's favorite, except for king crab.
I LOVE halibut! I am surprised a landlocked citizen could get a good halibut where he lives. Was it fresh or frozen?

Can they get halibut in England?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:05 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Thinking of French crepes with crème fraîche inside, strawberries and zig-zag chocolate ganache on top.

Chocolate soufflé with some fresh strawberries on the side? Never made before, could be risky.

Chocolate goes well after red meat. Seems it sets off a powerful yin-and-yang affect after I have steak or red meat. Does it with you?

Any ideas on red wines?
For the steak, a big cab. The tannin will hold up against the beef and peppercorns. I'm personally a big fan of Michael David Winery - they have an Inkblot Cab Franc and Earthquake Cabernet. Both of them are really outstanding wines, but I've never had them with steak au poivre.

Port at dessert. Port and chocolate go very well. Vintage if you care to spend the money. Dark chocolate if you do this, classic combo.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:18 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
For the steak, a big cab. The tannin will hold up against the beef and peppercorns. I'm personally a big fan of Michael David Winery - they have an Inkblot Cab Franc and Earthquake Cabernet. Both of them are really outstanding wines, but I've never had them with steak au poivre.

Port at dessert. Port and chocolate go very well. Vintage if you care to spend the money. Dark chocolate if you do this, classic combo.
I usually use cab with beef. I'll look into those versions. I'm definitely no connoisseur of wine for sure.

I have never had port. So know zero about it, but I'm guessing it is sweet.
Are you saying just pieces of dark chocolate or a dark chocolate dessert of some sort?

In my experience, whenever I have brought out dark chocolate as just a candy, I immediately get from most people that they don't like it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:51 AM 07-08-2016
Okay, FMB,

I think this would be perfect with Port. No?

Plus I've made it before. Made for Easter two years ago. Plus I have a tart pan but think individual smaller tart pans would plate nicer. It's awesome but it is decadent.

Chocolate-Raspberry Tart

http://www.marthastewart.com/336223/...raspberry-tart
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:13 AM 07-08-2016
I usually use cab with beef. I'll look into those versions. I'm definitely no connoisseur of wine for sure.

I have never had port. So know zero about it, but I'm guessing it is sweet.
Are you saying just pieces of dark chocolate or a dark chocolate dessert of some sort?

In my experience, whenever I have brought out dark chocolate as just a candy, I immediately get from most people that they don't like it.
Port is sweet, fortified wine. It's very rich, so port glasses are small. You're not going to pour like you would or white wine.

Vintage ports can be pricey, but a good aged Tawny port can be very nice, too. If you go vintage, I'd look for something in the 15-20 year range.

A chocolate dessert would be great (though it's good with straight up dark chocolate, too).
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:14 AM 07-08-2016
Okay, FMB,

I think this would be perfect with Port. No?

Plus I've made it before. Made for Easter two years ago. Plus I have a tart pan but think individual smaller tart pans would plate nicer. It's awesome but it is decadent.

Chocolate-Raspberry Tart

http://www.marthastewart.com/336223/...raspberry-tart
I think this would be great with a port.
[Reply]
Donger 11:55 AM 07-08-2016
I LOVE halibut! I am surprised a landlocked citizen could get a good halibut where he lives. Was it fresh or frozen?

Can they get halibut in England?
Very much frozen.

I have no idea if they can get halibut in England.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:56 AM 07-08-2016
Holy shit. Now I really feel like a backwoods Hickabilly. Thanks for crushing my self esteem on a Friday. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 11:57 AM 07-08-2016
I'll bet he'd love an awesome homemade pizza, though. :-)
Naan bread and mozzarella works fine for him.

Oh, and, go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:07 PM 07-08-2016
Naan bread and mozzarella works fine for him.

Oh, and, go **** yourself.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:56 PM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Holy shit. Now I really feel like a backwoods Hickabilly. Thanks for crushing my self esteem on a Friday. :-)
Hey, I love peasant food even more! Really I do.

:-)

This is just a very special guest that I need to impress! So I have to up the ante. Not an everyday meal for sure.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:57 PM 07-08-2016
Very much frozen.

I have no idea if they can get halibut in England.
Well you should!
[Reply]
Donger 02:45 PM 07-08-2016
If I could have found a picture of me beating you to death with the THREE pizza stones I bought, I would have.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:47 PM 07-08-2016
If I could have found a picture of me beating you to death with the THREE pizza stones I bought, I would have.

Oh, man. Three? That's brutal.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 1208
« First < 78128168174175176177178 1791801811821882282786781178 > Last »
Up