ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 51
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:01 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
are you guys hypey AF for Thursday?
I am.

How r u?
[Reply]
In58men 06:14 AM 09-14-2022
While Chiefs K Harrison Butker (ankle) is uncertain to play Thursday night, he’s giving the team an assist this week as the Chiefs restructured his contract by converting $2,186,389 of his salary into a bonus, creating $1,457,593 in 2022 cap space
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:39 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Saw a crazy stat.

Chargers have won 3 of the last 4 games at Arrowhead. Then I realized that the 2020 game was a throwaway game. Phyllis Rivers pulled out a 29-28 win in 2018 on a 2pt conversion. I’m sure we will hear how the Chargers aren’t intimidated by Arrowhead this week.
Fake News

Final Analysis

The Chargers will come to Arrowhead seeking revenge from last season’s game won by the Chiefs at SoFi in OT. The Chargers defense will be amped up and is clearly boosted by the presence of Khalil Mack, making life easier on All-Pro Joey Bosa and Derwin James Jr. Expect them to penetrate the Chiefs offensive line a few times. They'll keep it close.

But the Chiefs are in a rhythm and more talented on the offensive side of the ball. Justin Herbert may be a great QB in the making, but he'll get a reminder Thursday night of the benchmark Mahomes has set for him to get there.

Prediction: Chiefs 31, Chargers 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herbert had a 4-0 turnover advantage and still needed a questionable 4th down call to win in Arrowhead last year.

I was at that 29-28 game vs Rivers. What a joke. KC led 28-14 with something like 5 min left. We got up to beat the traffic and by the time I reached the car they were behind.
[Reply]
arrwheader 07:04 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The majority of the population really really struggles with this as well. They think because something happened, it will happen that way again. That is not always the case, and when we have a plethora of historical information we can determine the best decision to make. The margins may be slim. The expected win probability for one decison vs the other may be small. For example, you may be fucked either way. If you punt in tbe 4th quarter, you may have a 10% chance to win the game but you have a greater chance to not lose by as much. But if you go for it you may have a 13% chance to win the game but a greater chance to lose by a large amount. The goal is to win the game.
Not disputing you statistical definition BUT

Football is also not by definition a static variable game. There are these things called variables and the NFL has a whole lot of them. You have to be able to understand the situation you are in. Any analytics person knows this , that they have to plug in their variables to the current model otherwise you are just going in blind which is equally stupid as just going on your gut all the time.

You need both, statistics and a good feel for the present situation you are in.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:28 AM 09-14-2022
This one reminds me of Mahomes' pass to Kelce on Sunday. We will have our work cut out for us.

the fact Justin Herbert doesn't even put arc on this throw and puts it on the money is comical pic.twitter.com/JXFHosIbex

— Nate Tice (@Nate_Tice) September 13, 2022

[Reply]
Simply Red 08:01 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I am.

How r u?
I'm hypey AF rn!
[Reply]
DRM08 08:39 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This one reminds me of Mahomes' pass to Kelce on Sunday. We will have our work cut out for us.

Yep, it’s a mirror image on the flip side of the field. Herbert & Mahomes are both incredibly talented. Chargers appear to have a major advantage when it comes to defensive talent on the roster. Chiefs have the coaching advantage. Going to be a hell of a battle.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:43 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yep, it’s a mirror image on the flip side of the field. Herbert & Mahomes are both incredibly talented. Chargers appear to have a major advantage when it comes to defensive talent on the roster. Chiefs have the coaching advantage. Going to be a hell of a battle.
Major advantage in defensive talent? Not sure about that. Their defense was garbage last year. I don't think adding a piece or two makes them much better than a KC defense that also upgraded.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:49 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Major advantage in defensive talent? Not sure about that. Their defense was garbage last year. I don't think adding a piece or two makes them much better than a KC defense that also upgraded.
Coaching advantage for the Chiefs. In terms of raw talent, the Chargers are pretty loaded on both sides of the ball. They underachieved last year. We’ll see if that continues for them.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:01 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Coaching advantage for the Chiefs. In terms of raw talent, the Chargers are pretty loaded on both sides of the ball. They underachieved last year. We’ll see if that continues for them.
Maybe. To me it seems like people focus too much on a few players. I see 3 really good players and a lot of average guys around them.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:04 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
are you guys hypey AF for Thursday?
I sure am because my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs will be playing in their home stadium (the most awesome one in the world) for first place in the AFCW against the fanless la chargers
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:22 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Herbert had a 4-0 turnover advantage and still needed a questionable 4th down call to win in Arrowhead last year.

I was at that 29-28 game vs Rivers. What a joke. KC led 28-14 with something like 5 min left. We got up to beat the traffic and by the time I reached the car they were behind.
Yep..and the 2 pt. conversion was such a blatant OPI that the NFL specifically used it as a teaching moment the next season. No big deal...just cost KC the game.

NFL likes to bail out the Raiders/Chargers against the Chiefs...trying to create some faux-rivalry.

With the Raiders being terrible..it becomes more blatant. That Clete Blakeman special...where Gruden circled the stadium was a joke.
[Reply]
morphius 09:28 AM 09-14-2022
Playing these teams that are good and then go for it on 4th down most the way down the field are tough. As much as I would love a blow out, Herbert is too accurate to expect that. I know we got some QB pressure this last week, but we are going to need to hit this guy.
[Reply]
TEX 09:46 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by morphius:
Playing these teams that are good and then go for it on 4th down most the way down the field are tough. As much as I would love a blow out, Herbert is too accurate to expect that. I know we got some QB pressure this last week, but we are going to need to hit this guy.
That's key. I think if we can get pressure on him consistently, KC will win by a lopsided score.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:57 AM 09-14-2022

[Reply]
Page 16 of 51
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up