ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 232 of 256
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Otter 09:34 AM 10-12-2023
Assassin's Creed Mirage is pretty mediocre. I really can't understand why Ubisoft devs can't understand that if you combine AC2 and Odyssey this game would take off like a Space X rocket.

Do yourself a favor and wait until it goes on sale or play AC Origins. Same thing pretty much.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:41 AM 10-12-2023
I got the true ending for Sea of Stars. Basically you have to complete all the side quests and then beat the game again and then you get a different ending. A couple of those side quests you can't even start until after you beat the game the first time.

The game is pretty great though. If you like classic turn based RPGs, this game is well worth it.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:10 PM 10-12-2023
Started the remake of "Dead Space" recently on PS5. MUCH better controls than the original (I quit 1/4 of the way in the original cause I hated the controls so much).

Graphics are beefed up, along with the sound, etc. Some really good scares too.

Enjoying it so far.
[Reply]
Buck 04:26 PM 10-13-2023
There’s this new game called Path of Exile it’s pretty good. It’s sorta like Diablo 4.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:17 PM 10-14-2023
Starfield, now that I've decided to just finish it and walk, and not play the game to NG+10, is a very mid tier game.

This is very much a title that you will get what you want out of it. If you're looking for things to bitch about, there's plenty.

If you're looking for a game that let's you build your own ship, hire your own crew and explore the galaxy taking on the problems of the NPC'S of the universe, there's plenty of that too.

It offers a bit of everything, while action oriented gamers will be turned off by the sheer amount of gameplay that is simply talking to people. Go here, talk for 5 minutes. Now travel here, talk for 10 minutes. There's even ways to get out of a lot of side action by using persuade, bribery, diplomacy, or intimidation to simply end conflicts through dialogue.

I found the story to be exceptionally slow starting, with a wierd kind of forced conscription into the games main faction, Constellation. The game acts as if you're interested to find out what you found in a mine, when as a player, I really couldn't give less of a shit.

It led to me putting off the main story for most of my time playing, and I spent my time in the more interesting faction quest lines.

Building starship was the main joy I found in this game, albeit SUPER ****ING ANNOYING to have ship parts locked behind level progression before they even appear, and then skill progression before you can buy them.

I spent a week of playing the game trying to grind to level 60 just to get the right engine type for my Millenium Falcon build. Grinding was the right word here, as general questing gives such low XP rewards, that you're far better off finding a planet populated with a lot of wildlife, and just culling it all for the xp.

I didn't get into outpost gameplay at all due to the time investment required, only to learn that when you complete the story and move into NG +, only your level and skills will carry over.

Outposts work, gone. Ships built for exorbitant amounts of credits, gone. Legendary weapons you found along the way, gone. All your credits, gone.

So essentially the game wants you to play through 10 times before you can really settle in on getting a nice collection of ships, legendary gear, and outposts.

For me, the game simply is not that interesting to keep resetting my money, ships, weapons, and outposts I've put work into.

Overall I enjoyed my time playing Starfield. The side content and exploring the universe built with ships that I built from the ground up was infinitely more interesting than the games wierd multiverse themed main story.

It actually has me hankering to return to the old Knights of the Old Republic games. This game is basically a couple mods short of being that game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:42 PM 10-14-2023
Originally Posted by Buck:
There’s this new game called Path of Exile it’s pretty good. It’s sorta like Diablo 4.
Graphics are just too trash for me, waiting for 2
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:42 PM 10-14-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
Assassin's Creed Mirage is pretty mediocre. I really can't understand why Ubisoft devs can't understand that if you combine AC2 and Odyssey this game would take off like a Space X rocket.

Do yourself a favor and wait until it goes on sale or play AC Origins. Same thing pretty much.
I've kinda given up on Ubisoft, even Division is kind of in a bad place now.
[Reply]
Otter 02:15 PM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I've kinda given up on Ubisoft, even Division is kind of in a bad place now.

So is Rainbow 6 Siege. The matchmaking in ranked is just horrible. You're either on team dominate or team getting your ass kicked almost without exception.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:11 PM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by Buck:

Thanks for this. I downloaded it and will give it a shot
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:31 AM 10-16-2023
Lies of P, go play it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:11 PM 10-17-2023

Anything with Tower Defense, I'm on.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:01 AM 10-21-2023
Anybody get Spider-Man 2? I started it yesterday and it's really good so far.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:22 AM 10-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There are a lot of games similar to Batman

Shadow of Modor and Shadow of War have very similar combat
The Spiderman games by insomniac are similar

Ghost of Tsushima has some similarity.
For some reason I wasn’t able to get into the Shadow games. I love Lord of the Rings and that style of game so I really should have loved them. Plus, the nemesis or whatever thing they had (where the enemies would kill you and level up in the ranks) was an awesome idea.

I think I got like halfway through Mordor before I stopped and got maybe 2 hours into War. Just have had zero desire to finish.

I’ve been waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to hit $10-$20 before I pull the trigger on that one. I’ve only heard great things.

Originally Posted by Otter:

What difference do you see between Odyssey and Origins? I thought those were basically the same game.

I suppose I’m one of the rare types who love any sort of Assassin’s Creed. I think I prefer the more RPG style of Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla, but I have a lot of fun with the linear modes like AC2, Revelations and Unity as well.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:38 AM 10-21-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
For some reason I wasn’t able to get into the Shadow games. I love Lord of the Rings and that style of game so I really should have loved them. Plus, the nemesis or whatever thing they had (where the enemies would kill you and level up in the ranks) was an awesome idea.

I think I got like halfway through Mordor before I stopped and got maybe 2 hours into War. Just have had zero desire to finish.

I’ve been waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to hit $10-$20 before I pull the trigger on that one. I’ve only heard great things.

What difference do you see between Odyssey and Origins? I thought those were basically the same game.

I suppose I’m one of the rare types who love any sort of Assassin’s Creed. I think I prefer the more RPG style of Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla, but I have a lot of fun with the linear modes like AC2, Revelations and Unity as well.
I was the same with Mordor........it just lacked something to draw me in deeper.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:37 AM 10-23-2023
Bought Spiderman 2 and Super Mario Bros Wonder over the weekend.

Spiderman 2 is a great extension of the first game with improved everything, really enjoying it so far but it's in the same vein, go over here and do this, go over here and do all these things, same with all open world games, been focused on the side content, haven't gotten far in the story.

Super Mario Bros Wonder is just.... Mario with a new coat of paint, same old, same old. Instead of a Cat Suit, you get an Elephant Suit now, but with the Cat Suit allowing you to climb walls and be nimble, you get that functionality from badges, not suits, so I have a wall climb badge, some mushroom badge and the first badge, the parachute cap badge. Being an elephant brings very little to the game and it feel out of place, like why is there an elephant suit in the middle of the flower kingdom and no other elephants are around? You have like blue oxen around that stampede, you have a squirrel, but why an elephant? The only interesting thing is when you get the flower that distorts the level, allowing you to get another power star, I mean power seed, or whatever those things are. The traversal between zones is like Super Mario 3D Land/World where you freely move to different zones on the map. It's okay, but so far uninspired and I only play a level or two before I get bored and put it away.
[Reply]
Page 232 of 256
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242 > Last »
Up