ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever use airplane wifi to stream a game?
loochy 06:36 AM 10-16-2021
I'll be on a flight to Hawaii during Sunday's game. Is the airplane wifi high enough bandwidth to support a stream? I searched and couldn't find any reliable information about speed.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:42 AM 10-16-2021
following
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:45 AM 10-16-2021
I can never even get the WiFi to load anything when I’m flying. I always just end up watching the flight path on the screen. But only times I’ve ever been on a plane is Florida to Jamaica, and back or Florida to Cancun and back.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:08 AM 10-16-2021
Nice humble brag thread!!!
[Reply]
Pablo 07:15 AM 10-16-2021
I doubt it. I flew Southwest a couple weeks ago and the wifi wouldn't load ESPN+ for me to stream college football and even said they pretty much won't let you connect to anything like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+

But I was able to browse my favorite Chiefs website, www.chiefsplanet.com so that was good.
[Reply]
kc rush 07:15 AM 10-16-2021
I had to fly during the AFC Championship game a couple years ago (client booked the flight). I tried changing flights once the schedule came out, but no luck.

I tried streaming the game on the flight and I'd get to see chunks of it before I had to restart the stream. Luckily it was only the first half and I could finish out the game at the airport.

This was a Delta flight if that makes any difference.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:23 AM 10-16-2021
maybe you will get lucky enough to be on a plane with a tv that is playing the game
[Reply]
DaFace 07:34 AM 10-16-2021
They're generally not fast enough. No harm trying, but I'd be surprised if it worked.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:41 AM 10-16-2021
My private jet has the best WFI ever.. I’ll be watching the game while receiving a BJ from the flight attendant on my way to foggy London Town to meet the queen of England..
[Reply]
Spott 08:00 AM 10-16-2021
I fly 2-3 weekends a month and have never gotten it to work. I can barely even get basic websites to work on the wifi, and certainly not streaming video. I also missed the last quarter and a half of the AFC championship game in 2020 due to a flight delay and had to wait until the plane landed to receive a text from my son telling me we beat the Titans.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:08 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
My private jet has the best WFI ever.. I’ll be watching the game while receiving a BJ from the flight attendant on my way to foggy London Town to meet the queen of England..
Good for you. I hear she likes the nasty.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:44 AM 10-16-2021
Who are you flying with? Southwest will have whatever game is on fox. Not really sure what market they pull from, though. The WiFi specifically states it is not strong enough for streaming live videos. Alaska is the only airline I’ve been able to stream a live game with and even then it was very choppy. I usually just use the internet and my xm app to listen to the games when I’m stuck on my flights on game days.
[Reply]
DTHOF 08:54 AM 10-16-2021
My job is providing internet on airplanes their is not enough bandwidth on airlines yet to stream video. And sometimes it is blocked. Gogo which is what is on most airlines like Delta or American is blocked after five minutes. Southwest is satellite based and it will work but super sketchy with lots of buffering to the point where it is just annoying to try to watch.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:49 AM 10-16-2021
nope it won't work.. You can get gamecast and follow the play by play, you may be lucky enough to get it on their tv feed though. Most of the time those are East Coast feeds and you may get the WFT...
[Reply]
Otter 10:43 AM 10-16-2021
I doubt you'll get video but audio may work.

I often use audio with the earbuds when it's too nice to sit in front of the TV or their playing a team I don't give a shit about. It's not a bad experience especially if you can catch Mitch.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up