ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do our 2 new OT's fit the scheme that Mahomes wants to play?
JakeF 03:42 PM 10-15-2021
Mahomes might be the best scrambling QB in NFL history. He loves to scramble around and create passing lanes in the defense to throw the ball.

The reason why they want Mahomes to stay in the pocket is because our huge, mauling tackles are not built for running around. They are both built to wall off the pocket and protect a spot. They are best when a QB takes a shorter drop, forcing DE to turn up sooner to go through 6'7" 340lbs of OT.

Both of our tackles might be good, but we are asking them to do things they are not really suited to do.

Do we really want to give Orlando Brown a new $20m a year contract, then ask him to play a scheme he isn't built for?

Are we going to ask our $500m Quarterback to play a different type of football than the one that won us a Super Bowl?

All 3 players might be good players, but that still doesn't mean they fit each other.

???
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:13 PM 10-15-2021
Mahomes makes it tough on tackles because he rolls out of the pocket too soon on many occasions. Rarely steps into the pocket and he has arguably the best interior OL in football.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:14 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Exactly. Every game we’ve lost have been the result of turnovers.
Which is the number 1 reason for optimism this year. Turnovers can be cleaned up in-season.

If the defense gets marginally better from getting healthy, then we can beat anyone.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
It’s too early to tell but we may look back and regret cutting Fisher and trading for Brown. Orlando Brown really struggles with speed rushers.
Been keeping an eye on that myself, and yeah its true

Not ragging on it because its currently pretty far down the list of pressing problems, and his size alone boosts the run game

But every time I watch him in pass pro, his man always takes him wide outside... NEVER inside where his bulk and length can mash them up

Always outside, because his kickstep to the left is just not great... he basically has no fast twitch muscles in his hip flexors, and instead relies on his length to push them away with varying results

Not calling for his head by any means, just an honest observation
[Reply]
Pablo 05:21 PM 10-15-2021
Pat's been sacked 7 times this year from what I see. So I think they fit just fine.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:22 PM 10-15-2021
You have no fucking clue what you are watching. The line is great
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:26 PM 10-15-2021
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OB-LN
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:27 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You have no fucking clue what you are watching. The line is great
Keep talking that way, and you'll be seeing him at the Bud Light tent soon enough son
[Reply]
louie aguiar 05:29 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Been keeping an eye on that myself, and yeah its true

Not ragging on it because its currently pretty far down the list of pressing problems, and his size alone boosts the run game

But every time I watch him in pass pro, his man always takes him wide outside... NEVER inside where his bulk and length can mash them up

Always outside, because his kickstep to the left is just not great... he basically has no fast twitch muscles in his hip flexors, and instead relies on his length to push them away with varying results

Not calling for his head by any means, just an honest observation
In that way, he's kind of the opposite of Fisher. Fisher was a technician and generally did well against speed but struggled sometimes with power/bullrush (James Harrison). Orlando Brown won't get beat to the inside but pass rushers can turn the corner on him. I agree though that Brown seems to be better in the run game.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:31 PM 10-15-2021
Keep talking that way, and you'll be seeing him at the Bud Light tent soon enough son
I'm just tired of people acting like we aren't scoring 30 a game. Gets old

We have a historically bad defense and are way negative on turnovers. That's why we are 2 and 3 instead of 4 and 1.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:49 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I'm just tired of people acting like we aren't scoring 30 a game. Gets old

We have a historically bad defense and are way negative on turnovers. That's why we are 2 and 3 instead of 4 and 1.
I hear you we're scoring just fine, it might seem like I'm nitpicking Brown... but its a valid observation

We basically traded one skillset for another with Brown/Fisher, and honestly so far... I'd give the clear edge to Brown, for the simple fact of what he adds to our overall physicality

Not bitching, just observing
[Reply]
Mecca 05:51 PM 10-15-2021
If we had just a league average RB people would be blowing the OL.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:52 PM 10-15-2021
I hear you we're scoring just fine, it might seem like I'm nitpicking Brown... but its a valid observation

We basically traded one skillset for another with Brown/Fisher, and honestly so far... I'd give the clear edge to Brown, for the simple fact of what he adds to our overall physicality

Not bitching, just observing
The only thing I'll say that's negative is their leaving the TEs in longer to help chip for the tackles before releasing...when Kelce is doing thar it's going to hurt the passing game.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:56 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If we had just a league average RB people would be blowing the OL.
Just stop.

I know it’s cool right now to hate on CEH, and he obviously hasn’t met expectations, but this narrative that he’s not even average is fucking stupid.

He averaged over 4 YPC last year behind a bottom 3 run blocking unit.

He was 7th in rushing before he got hurt, and was averaging almost 5 YPC going into that game.

He’s not special, he’s not great, but just stop with this stupid fucking narrative already.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:00 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Just stop.

I know it’s cool right now to hate on CEH, and he obviously hasn’t met expectations, but this narrative that he’s not even average is fucking stupid.

He averaged over 4 YPC last year behind a bottom 3 run blocking unit.

He was 7th in rushing before he got hurt, and was averaging almost 5 YPC going into that game.

He’s not special, he’s not great, but just stop with this stupid fucking narrative already.
Which team in the league would he start for...if your answer is less than say 7 it's really not a bullshit narrative.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:02 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The only thing I'll say that's negative is their leaving the TEs in longer to help chip for the tackles before releasing...when Kelce is doing thar it's going to hurt the passing game.
Speaking of TE's, we need to see some T-Rex usage on sunday
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up