ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone had employer not pay you?
Titty Meat 01:31 PM 10-15-2021
To keep it short I was working a part time job the place kept delaying the opening so I quit. They owe me a few hundred bucks but keep making up excuses and are about 3 weeks behind from when I was oringially supposee to get paid.

What are my options here?
[Reply]
DaFace 02:55 PM 10-15-2021
Legally they're obligated to pay you. For a few hundred bucks, though, it might be a lot of work to get it.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:04 PM 10-15-2021
Years ago my soon-to-be wife worked for Intercounty Title Company in Chicago. The owners were sleazeballs who were involved in all sorts of illegal activities, and one day the government stepped in, froze all their accounts and shuttered the business. As a result, my wife not only didn't get her final paycheck, but also worked the last two weeks for free. The feds didn't give a shit about the employees. One of the attorneys who had worked there tried for years to get them paid to no avail.

That was over 20 years ago. She never did see a cent of that money.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:06 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
You could contract Covid and cough in their face.
Or just watch the old Bronson “Death Wish” series for ideas.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:14 PM 10-15-2021
Im fairly sure that if you are not paid on time, but they do eventually pay you, you can file a dispute and the DOL treats it as non payment and you can get paid again. Get them to pay you and then file a dispute.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:20 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Im fairly sure that if you are not paid on time, but they do eventually pay you, you can file a dispute and the DOL treats it as non payment and you can get paid again. Get them to pay you and then file a dispute.
Come on man, that's just not right. The business is most likely struggling
[Reply]
Pablo 03:24 PM 10-15-2021
Fuck 'em

They mess with the bill they get the horns.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 03:28 PM 10-15-2021
I've had that happen on a contract once. Refused to give me my last paycheck. I filed a complaint with that state's DOL and the check came in the mail a couple weeks later.
[Reply]
srvy 05:43 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Years ago my soon-to-be wife worked for Intercounty Title Company in Chicago. The owners were sleazeballs who were involved in all sorts of illegal activities, and one day the government stepped in, froze all their accounts and shuttered the business. As a result, my wife not only didn't get her final paycheck, but also worked the last two weeks for free. The feds didn't give a shit about the employees. One of the attorneys who had worked there tried for years to get them paid to no avail.

That was over 20 years ago. She never did see a cent of that money.
All their assets go first to their creditor's whats left (usually nothing) employees' wages.
[Reply]
srvy 05:47 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
:-)Honest as the day is long.

The above poster is a worthless piece of shit and no better than an employer not paying promised wage if pulls this crap.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:55 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
All their assets go first to their creditor's whats left (usually nothing) employees' wages.
There were a couple of people in the middle of closings when it all went down. Old house just sold, funds to purchase new house.... POOF GONE. Talk about fucked. I guess there are worse things than losing a month of a receptionist's pay.

I like to think those people eventually got their funds released, but I'm sure it didn't happen quickly.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:02 PM 10-15-2021
Worked at a small town restaurant for two weeks in high school. Their time card machine was “down” and at payday they gave me $20 cash. When I protested they asked for my time cards and then wished me luck when I said I was owed a couple hundred bucks.

Walked out that day and applied to a new place. I wish you the best, man, I remember the process seemed like a nightmare to navigate when I looked into it then.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:10 PM 10-15-2021
you are screwed
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:10 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Legally they're obligated to pay you. For a few hundred bucks, though, it might be a lot of work to get it.
I wont go into alot of detail because but someone from their place called me tonight and either this guy is a huge moron or was trying to be purposely misleading. I found bank records from the payment before last dated September 24th and I worked with them all the way til the 3rd of October. I even have text messages with the owner stating the next check would be bigger. If were paid bi weekly which we were supposed to be and checks are to be collected on a Friday that means I'm owed a check that should have been October 8th which is the one I have not gotten.

His response "text messages dont mean anything" um dude what?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:13 PM 10-15-2021
I would totally be cool and accommodating if this were communicated to me but it hasnt been. My messages were ignored all week it wasnt til I stated I intend to seek legal action if I'm not paid the time I had worked. Since making that statement they have reached out to me and have given me no less than 3 misleading answers.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:14 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
I've had that happen on a contract once. Refused to give me my last paycheck. I filed a complaint with that state's DOL and the check came in the mail a couple weeks later.
I reached out to mine they said since they likely haven't made 500k this year I will have to reach out to the federal DOL. I spoke with someone today they said they will call me back Monday.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up