ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins to the Ravens
JakeF 04:45 PM 03-26-2021

Sammy Watkins to the Ravens - 1 year 6mil (5mil fully guaranteed), per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 26, 2021

[Reply]
scho63 08:04 PM 03-26-2021
No hate but he sucked in 2020 and HURT us by not being playoff ready.
[Reply]
Munson 08:19 PM 03-26-2021
I hope Sammy doesn't give the Ratbirds any inside info on our offense.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 08:35 PM 03-26-2021
Sing it with me Baltimore

Was a one way ticket, only one way to go
So he started catching ', ain't never gonna stop
Gotta keep on catching ', someday gonna make it to the top
And be a hot tub hero, got stars in his eyes
He's a hot tub hero
He took one football(hot tub hero, stars in his eyes)
Hot tub hero, (stars in his eyes) he'll come alive tonight
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 08:38 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
No hate but he sucked in 2020 and HURT us by not being playoff ready.
Just like our ENTIRE offensive line :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 08:41 PM 03-26-2021
It’s going to be nice to have a WR that will actually play most of the year and produce.

Sammy Watkins has given us minimal ROI on a huge investment.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:43 PM 03-26-2021
I’ll never understand why you guys feel the need to hate on Sammy Watkins.

The guy came up clutch for us multiple times in the postseason. Arguably won us a Super Bowl.

He’s injury prone and we resigned him. Knowingly. He was injured through a lot of the year. Blame Veach, not Watkins.

We clearly didn’t want him around given that track record and he signs with a team desperate for talented WR help for a marginal amount that we wouldn’t offer.

Good luck, Sammy. You played hard and I loved your after-the-catch downhill attitude.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:45 PM 03-26-2021
It’s the right time to move on.

That said, Watkins made 2 of my favorite plays in Chiefs history.

1. The bomb TD to seal it late against the Titans.
2. Burning Richard Sherman to set up the go ahead TD in the Super Bowl.

After those two plays, I knew we were going to the Super Bowl and I knew we would win it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:54 PM 03-26-2021
Nothing but love for Sammy and nothing but joy that he's gone. Rare to feel that way about a player but that's where I'm at with him.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:09 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
He might be a lot better NFL QB than almost everybody else at whatever they do.
:-)
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:15 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
That black kid that won the Heisman as a sophomore and the NFL MVP in his first season as opening day starter.

Lamar Jackson.

He might be a lot better NFL QB than almost everybody else at whatever they do.

Falls apart more often than not when his teams are down. 0-3 vs Mahomes and routinely falls apart in the playoffs but somehow never gets held accountable. His pick six is the reason the Ravens got eliminated.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:15 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

The guy came up clutch for us multiple times in the postseason. Arguably won us a Super Bowl.

He’s injury prone and we resigned him. Knowingly. He was injured through a lot of the year. Blame Veach, not Watkins.

We clearly didn’t want him around given that track record and he signs with a team desperate for talented WR help for a marginal amount that we wouldn’t offer.

Good luck, Sammy. You played hard and I loved your after-the-catch downhill attitude.
I'm betting most aren't really hating, but simply realizing what a shame it is how it ended here

He was an extremely likeable and thoughtful guy at face value, dude always seemed to know just what to say and just how to say it... then turned around and backed it up in numerous clutch situations over the years

But 2020 somehow doesn't sit right, maybe I'm wrong but it sure feels like his heart just wasn't in it for whatever reason... maybe we sniffed the scent of a malingerer IMO

Can't get up for the biggest game of all, but he's ready to roll for the Ravens shortly thereafter?

Meh whatevs, maybe I'm wrong but bring on some fresh blood anyway
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:24 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm betting most aren't really hating, but simply realizing what a shame it is how it ended here

He was an extremely likeable and thoughtful guy at face value, dude always seemed to know just what to say and just how to say it... then turned around and backed it up in numerous clutch situations over the years

But 2020 somehow doesn't sit right, maybe I'm wrong but it sure feels like his heart just wasn't in it for whatever reason... maybe we sniffed the scent of a malingerer IMO

Can't get up for the biggest game of all, but he's ready to roll for the Ravens shortly thereafter?

We signed him knowing his injury history. He restructured his contract to stay another year or he would’ve been out the door sooner. Sure it would’ve been nice to get more production out of him but overall I’d say his signing was a success. He played big in the biggest Chiefs game of our lifetime and that’s what counts.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:34 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

This is exactly the narrative I find ridiculous. The guy was injured and wasn't 100%. If he plays and isn't effective, then he's worthless. If he doesn't play, he's a brokedick.

The guy is ready to "roll for the Ravens" 8 months later when the Chiefs clearly wouldn't offer something comparable.

I get the frustration. I really wanted someone to replace Watkins because an inability to count on him really cost the Chiefs in a major way just as it would be this next season had we tried to roll with Fisher and Schwartz.

But I blame Watkins for nothing.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:35 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Wasn't he our leading postseason receiver in both 18 and 19?

He was absolutely huge during our SB run. He was worth every penny.

GL Sammy.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:43 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Nothing but love for Sammy and nothing but joy that he's gone. Rare to feel that way about a player but that's where I'm at with him.
Some guests bring you great joy when they arrive.
Some guests bring you great joy when they depart.

Some do both.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up