ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 80
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:51 AM 10-16-2021
We'll see. Bazelak is not an answer at QB, and the D is at a historical nadir. If the team doesn't win six next year, it's a good indication that Drink is a fraud.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:57 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Mizzou should have never left the Big 12. Program is shit.
Sad but true

Football and basketball both are not Division 1. All the alumni $ will dead this program back.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:08 AM 10-17-2021

There’s a strong case to be made that Eli Drinkwitz hiring Steve Wilks to run his defense was the worse personnel move in college football this year

— Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) October 16, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:25 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Mizzou should have never left the Big 12. Program is shit.
The issue is not the conference in which Mizzou is affiliated. The issue is poor leadership and hires within the AD.

Mack Rhoades forced Pinkel out and made agreeing to dismantle the Total Person Program (led by Dr. Pat Ivey) one of the conditions for the new coach taking the job. This program, in addition to being coordinated with an elite strength and conditioning program, helped Mizzou develop its offensive and defensive linemen far beyond their recruiting rankings.

That led to Barry Odom. Who was in over his head and recruited at the bottom of the league every year.

(Speaking of Rhoades, that disaster also had no interest in hiring Tony Vitello as the baseball coach and instead hired Steve Beiser. Beiser has been bad, and Vitello has built Tennessee into an elite program in just a few short years. Just to re-iterate how awful he was).

Drinkwitz was a step in the right direction and is recruiting well, but his reliance on NFL guys to run his defense has not worked so far. It may keep him from realizing the potential his recruiting ability provides.

In basketball, the idiotic hiring of Frank Haith led to the even dumber hiring of the worst coach in modern Division 1 history. That's on Mike Alden in both cases.

CuonzNO Martin was a mediocre hire who was severely overpaid, now has a contract that gives him absolute job security through at least the end of this season.

No matter what conference you're in, if you hire the wrong people to run your programs, you're not going to be successful.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:31 AM 10-17-2021
I blame CS1950
[Reply]
Jerm 09:13 AM 10-17-2021
Drinkwitz is in over his head and more worried about what shoes he’s wearing…guy can recruit I’ll give him that but means fuck all if you can’t do anything with them on Saturday.

I hope he proves me wrong…

Burden is announcing on Tuesday, gonna be either Mizzou or UGA…interesting to see how that one falls.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:09 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I’m revisiting this post after Kentucky beat LSU by 3 TDs and beat Florida last week.

Also, Busby, is Kentucky a bad team?

I missed this, but I definitely deserved to eat some crow from that. Kentucky is surprising a lot of people outside Kentucky. I think we saw they still aren’t a threat to win the East, but I think Georgia has a stronghold on that for awhile no matter what any of us do.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:29 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The issue is not the conference in which Mizzou is affiliated. The issue is poor leadership and hires within the AD.

Mack Rhoades forced Pinkel out and made agreeing to dismantle the Total Person Program (led by Dr. Pat Ivey) one of the conditions for the new coach taking the job. This program, in addition to being coordinated with an elite strength and conditioning program, helped Mizzou develop its offensive and defensive linemen far beyond their recruiting rankings.

That led to Barry Odom. Who was in over his head and recruited at the bottom of the league every year.

(Speaking of Rhoades, that disaster also had no interest in hiring Tony Vitello as the baseball coach and instead hired Steve Beiser. Beiser has been bad, and Vitello has built Tennessee into an elite program in just a few short years. Just to re-iterate how awful he was).

Drinkwitz was a step in the right direction and is recruiting well, but his reliance on NFL guys to run his defense has not worked so far. It may keep him from realizing the potential his recruiting ability provides.

In basketball, the idiotic hiring of Frank Haith led to the even dumber hiring of the worst coach in modern Division 1 history. That's on Mike Alden in both cases.

CuonzNO Martin was a mediocre hire who was severely overpaid, now has a contract that gives him absolute job security through at least the end of this season.

No matter what conference you're in, if you hire the wrong people to run your programs, you're not going to be successful.
I actually want the Cardinals to consider Vitello for their manager spot. That's the first I've heard of Rhoades forcing out Pinkel and dismantling Ivey's program as a condition of hiring.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:37 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Drinkwitz is in over his head and more worried about what shoes he’s wearing…guy can recruit I’ll give him that but means fuck all if you can’t do anything with them on Saturday.

I hope he proves me wrong…

Burden is announcing on Tuesday, gonna be either Mizzou or UGA…interesting to see how that one falls.
Wilks has been a dog shit hire, but let's give him a chance to properly address it at the end of the year before we ramrod Drinkster out of town.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:51 PM 10-17-2021
Honestly can not believe they are this bad. And you get a lot of leeway around here we all know we are not going for a national championship but shit they don't look like division I athletes sometimes.

I had no idea the season would be this bad.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:56 PM 10-18-2021
What are the odds on Burden picking Mizzou tomorrow?

I know the football program looks like shit this season, but for the most part Drink has been knocking out of the park on recruiting.

Very interested to see what happens there. They could use a dynamic receiver like him on offense. Would help Connor immensely!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:58 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

I know the football program looks like shit this season, but for the most part Drink has been knocking out of the park on recruiting.

Very interested to see what happens there. They could use a dynamic receiver like him on offense. Would help Connor immensely!
Drinkwitz must keep some good fucking bag men around if he can still "convince" Burden to come here.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 08:52 PM 10-18-2021

mubobby officially threw down for MU. He’s probably Tigerboard’s best source. Had been a spell since I’d been there and it’s still 1996 which is nice.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:52 PM 10-18-2021

50/50

I don’t see how he passes up UGA for Mizzou but he’s a kid so you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:08 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
50/50

I don’t see how he passes up UGA for Mizzou but he’s a kid so you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it comes down to 2 things:

1) NIL. At Mizzou he has the opportunity to be THE guy for that type of stuff from Day 1. At UGA, he’s a face in the crowd.

2) Target share. UGA, for all its strengths, runs an antiquated style of offense that doesn’t throw the ball a lot.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 80
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up