ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 190
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:33 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
LeBron was and is the best player of all time. He was starting over anybody, MJ included. Magic Johnson's peak was also nowhere near LeBron's peak.
See what I’m talking about, RealSNR?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:35 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
See what I’m talking about RealSNR?
I'm not saying anything that the stats don't already establish for me. LeBron's peak has only been matched by a few players in NBA history and Magic isn't one of them (although MJ is).

https://www.basketball-reference.com...48_season.html (this is also a good look at just how good Jokic is at the moment)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:37 PM 06-05-2021
I'm not saying anything that the stats don't already establish for me. LeBron's peak has only been matched by a few players in NBA history and Magic isn't one of them (although MJ is).
How does Wilts peak of 50/25 stack up on your stats sheet?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:40 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
How does Wilts peak of 50/25 stack up on your stats sheet?
Guess who those "few players" included.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:41 PM 06-05-2021
Guess who those "few players" included.
Wilt is the GOAT then?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:43 PM 06-05-2021
No, I'm just capable of reading stats.
Stats from a different era with rules benefiting offense.

Philip Rivers has better stats than Dan Marino. So obviously he is the better quarterback.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:45 PM 06-05-2021
Wilt is the GOAT then?
Nope (although one could make the argument for that). His peak was as high as LeBron's, though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:46 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Stats from a different era with rules benefiting offense.

Philip Rivers has better stats than Dan Marino. So obviously he is the better quarterback.
Stats from a different era with far better athletes and defenses than what MJ faced, yes.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:47 PM 06-05-2021
Stats from a different era with far better athletes and defenses than what MJ faced, yes.
What do stats say about defenses from the 90s compared to 2021?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:50 PM 06-05-2021
:-). Are you really trying to say this era of basketball has better defenses than when Jordan played? Like I said either girl obsessed or just trolling.

So in your mind is Philip Rivers a better quarterback than Dan Marino? Since this era has better athletes and way more complicated defenses.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:51 PM 06-05-2021
Jesus Christ don't you people get tired of having the same damn argument year after year?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:01 PM 06-05-2021
KCC is like Knowmo in a Chiefs thread with his LBJ stuff. Probably time for another thread ban for him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:10 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Are you really trying to say this era of basketball has better defenses than when Jordan played?
Oh, it's not even close in that regard. Scoring is up because of the much quicker pace, teams getting smarter (far more 3PT shooting/spacing rather than ISO play and post ups), and much more talented players overall, not because the defenses have gotten any worse. They have to be more cohesive and on the ball than ever before with all of the switching that goes on in modern basketball.

If anybody thinks anything about basketball in the 1990s is on the level it is today, I've got a bridge to sell you.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:12 PM 06-05-2021
Oh, it's not even close in that regard. Scoring is up because of the much quicker pace, teams getting smarter (far more 3PT shooting/spacing rather than ISO play and post ups), and much more talented players overall, not because the defenses have gotten any worse. They have to be more cohesive and on the ball than ever before with all of the switching that goes on in modern basketball.

If anybody thinks anything about basketball in the 1990s is on the level it is today, I've got a bridge to sell you.
:-)

Imagine taking anything this delusional Lebron dick sucker has to say seriously.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:12 PM 06-05-2021
KCC is like Knowmo in a Chiefs thread with his LBJ stuff. Probably time for another thread ban for him.
I'm not the person who posted that LeBron wouldn't have started for the Dream Team. :-)
[Reply]
Page 88 of 190
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up