ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Costco finally coming to the Northland
Bowser 01:22 PM 03-04-2016
About damned time....

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City, city officials revealed plans Friday for a massive economic development project in the northland.

The plans include a new Costco and possibly a new school.

Clearing land has already started for the two-part project. The first part of the project is a new Costco at the corner of 88th and Platte Purchase Drive.

The warehouse club hopes to open November 1. If the deadline is missed -- Costco will open in April, 2017.

The second part of the project includes the donation of 88-acres of land to the Platte County R-3 School District. The land is north and west of the Costco development. There are no plans yet -- but the land could possibly hold a new high school and middle school.

"I always joke, I've always heard about developers they give land to school districts, but I've never actually had it happen to me,” Platte Co. R-3 Superintendent Mike Reik said. “To Platte County schools and our children. But in fact it has happened, and we couldn't be more grateful for that."

The project is near the Twin Creeks Development. The plan is to develop all around the Twin Creeks Development and bring more economic growth to the northland.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/03/04/city-of...n-in-november/

[Reply]
srvy 10:11 PM 03-04-2016
Ford Claycomo Assembly Plant was leasing parking space from the Mall owners.
[Reply]
Fairplay 10:11 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Cruising the mall. I learned to drive in the back parking lot. As did many others. Last time I was back, one area of parking lot there by Montgomery Ward was filled with white vans. Thousands maybe.
Yep, I drove my truck up that hill beside the movie theater behind the mall after seeing other people do that from time to time. Now there is a long yellow rail along there so people can't do that.

That reminds me behind that movie theater they are suppose to be building a Muslim center/Muslim church back there. That was the word anyway. I'm going to have to drive back there to see how that has progressed.
[Reply]
Shaid 11:27 AM 03-05-2016
I'm in North Dakota. KC is definitely not "The Northland".
[Reply]
srvy 12:02 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I'm in North Dakota. KC is definitely not "The Northland".
Actually your not either in 2007 Russia set a monument at the North pole with Lenin's bust atop. Its on a constantly moving ice shelf so it possition is not accurate if it even remains today.

We call the Northland the land in KC Metro lying North of the Missouri River.
[Reply]
srvy 12:07 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by Fairplay:
Yep, I drove my truck up that hill beside the movie theater behind the mall after seeing other people do that from time to time. Now there is a long yellow rail along there so people can't do that.

That reminds me behind that movie theater they are suppose to be building a Muslim center/Muslim church back there. That was the word anyway. I'm going to have to drive back there to see how that has progressed.
They built one of these at NW Quad I-35 and Antioch Rd in KCN rehabbed the old Jumpin Catfish Restaurant. It has been there a couple years now.
[Reply]
Mrs. Loopner 02:01 PM 03-05-2016
Part of the Northland TIF Plan

http://edckc.com/about-edc/agencies/...thland-tifs-2/

Sam's and Menards also approved for development in part of the KCI Corridor TIF
[Reply]
Toby Waller 02:33 PM 03-05-2016

[Reply]
Bowser 03:24 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
So essentially where Circuit City failed? I live in Thousand Oaks so I was wishful thinking this was more the I52 Zona area. Awe well - still pretty easy travel down I52 - beats the Costco midtown trips. They need to hurry and get that thing built, need to buy more economy scale boxer briefs and 100 count spicy dill pickles.
I think you are talking about the failed Ultimate Electronics store on the south side of Barry Road. That place is now a Savers. I think the Costco will go on the north side of 152.

Thousand Oaks is a nice spot out by 435.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:38 PM 03-05-2016
In my opinion the whole "club" concept has run its course. I belonged to either Sam's or Costco for several years (quit in 2013). When comparing prices I could almost always find better pricing at other stores on similar items.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:28 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by Stewie:
In my opinion the whole "club" concept has run its course. I belonged to either Sam's or Costco for several years (quit in 2013). When comparing prices I could almost always find better pricing at other stores on similar items.
The original concept of buying in bulk was supposed to be meant for small businesses. Not necessarily the average shopper.
[Reply]
srvy 04:35 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The original concept of buying in bulk was supposed to be meant for small businesses. Not necessarily the average shopper.
Yep and Sam's is in the process of changing there business model to more resemble Costco. Item supposedly in less quantity not making the customer reserve a small warehouse in a portion of there home.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:39 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Exactly!

The paradigm changed and now they market themselves as a lower priced and higher quality destination for Joe/Jane Shopper.

My first membership at Sam's was many years ago. They had an entire section of professional restaurant equipment. That exact place in the same store now sells bread, sticky buns, donuts, rolls.... and on and on.
[Reply]
-King- 06:33 PM 03-05-2016
So now people in NKC can get their meth and heroin paraphernalia in bulk
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:37 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
So now people in NKC can get their meth and heroin paraphernalia in bulk
Posted via Mobile Device
Praise Jeebus.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:00 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I think you're smoking crack.

Costco gasoline is consistently at least 15% less than 76, Shell, Chevron and Valero and often times, 30% or less.

Toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, Kleenex and other cleaning goods are at least 30% than Target or grocery stores.

18 Grade A Large eggs are $2.29 at Costco and $4.79 at the Ralphs half a mile away. And don't even get me started on chicken, beef, vegetables and especially, alcohol.

I get six hearts of Romaine lettuce for $2.79 at Costco, but a single head at Ralphs costs $1.99. A 5 pound bag of baby carrots is $4.49 while a one pound bag of the same exact brand is $1.99 at Ralphs.

I could go on and on and on but the bottom line is that you're wrong.

Plus, as a Executive Member, I receive a check each which equals 2% of my total spending, which easily covers the membership fee.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up