ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Costco finally coming to the Northland
Bowser 01:22 PM 03-04-2016
About damned time....

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City, city officials revealed plans Friday for a massive economic development project in the northland.

The plans include a new Costco and possibly a new school.

Clearing land has already started for the two-part project. The first part of the project is a new Costco at the corner of 88th and Platte Purchase Drive.

The warehouse club hopes to open November 1. If the deadline is missed -- Costco will open in April, 2017.

The second part of the project includes the donation of 88-acres of land to the Platte County R-3 School District. The land is north and west of the Costco development. There are no plans yet -- but the land could possibly hold a new high school and middle school.

"I always joke, I've always heard about developers they give land to school districts, but I've never actually had it happen to me,” Platte Co. R-3 Superintendent Mike Reik said. “To Platte County schools and our children. But in fact it has happened, and we couldn't be more grateful for that."

The project is near the Twin Creeks Development. The plan is to develop all around the Twin Creeks Development and bring more economic growth to the northland.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/03/04/city-of...n-in-november/

[Reply]
Bowser 02:19 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Born and raised in Gladstone. I am always amazed at the development. Northland is great.
Where did you grow up in Gladstone? That's my place of origin, as well.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:19 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
You guys are pumped about a Costco?
Found the bachelor ;-)
[Reply]
TLO 02:23 PM 03-04-2016
This effects me in no way whatsoever
[Reply]
eDave 02:26 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Where did you grow up in Gladstone? That's my place of origin, as well.
Meadowbrook Elem --> Antioch HS --> Oak Park
[Reply]
srvy 02:31 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
This is more 152 and I29. I grew up on the corner of Barry and Congress across and when they first put I52 in before it was opened used to ride my bike up and down the highway. That was pretty bad ass for a 10 year old.

Pretty stoked for Costco coming to my hood - it's about time that area developed more. Need some restaurants now like they have out in Prairie Fire...
88th and Platte Purchase is west side 169 between 152 and Barry Rd. across the highway directly East is Metro North Mall.
[Reply]
srvy 02:57 PM 03-04-2016
This is the location and Costco did a feasibility study on this site when it was first developed long ago when the Midtown Costco was under construction. They passed and said Northland wasn't ready at that time.
Attached: costco.jpg (177.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:07 PM 03-04-2016
Northland is period blood
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:08 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
Found the bachelor ;-)
Only in my dreams brother...only in my dreams.
[Reply]
loochy 03:11 PM 03-04-2016
Only in my dreams brother...only in my dreams.
? Divorces are quite common and feasible.
[Reply]
DaveNull 03:32 PM 03-04-2016
Sweet. Hopefully this might also mean some of the northlanders will just stop coming south of the river. I'm sick of hearing them trying to make small talk in line for groceries by bitching about how they don't understand why there's a Joes on Ward Parkway instead of north of the river.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 03:34 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
88th and Platte Purchase is west side 169 between 152 and Barry Rd. across the highway directly East is Metro North Mall.
So essentially where Circuit City failed? I live in Thousand Oaks so I was wishful thinking this was more the I52 Zona area. Awe well - still pretty easy travel down I52 - beats the Costco midtown trips. They need to hurry and get that thing built, need to buy more economy scale boxer briefs and 100 count spicy dill pickles.
[Reply]
srvy 03:36 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
Sweet. Hopefully this might also mean some of the northlanders will just stop coming south of the river. I'm sick of hearing them trying to make small talk in line for groceries by bitching about how they don't understand why there's a Joes on Ward Parkway instead of north of the river.
Maybe you have one of those faces people like to talk and complain to.

Maybe learn a mean sour face and problem solved.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:31 PM 03-04-2016
You guys are pumped about a Costco?
Have to drive to Independence or OP right now. So yes.

I am pissed they did not build it by Circuit City old building or the Metro North Mall area. Those places need worked on. I hate seeing blight.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:33 PM 03-04-2016
Lived in the Northland for 11 years. Daughter lives in Gladstone.

Sam's Club on North Oak will prolly take a hit.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:36 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Meadowbrook Elem --> Antioch HS --> Oak Park
Antioch Jr High you mean? Not sure if it is Jr High still, maybe just middle school.

I was Clardy, Meadowbrook, Antioch, Then Fort Osage for high school and jr high.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up