ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 57
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>Dexter (Showtime)
ChiefsFan4Life 10:38 PM 10-20-2006
Anyone watch this show?

I was bored and watched all three episodes that have been aired so far on OnDemand. I actually think the show is pretty damn good so far, I like the character a lot.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:13 PM 09-28-2010
The thing is you have to remember that Dexter is one sick fuck. He's not like normal people. I'm glad the writers are trying to steer him away from just being a normal guy who happens to moonlight as a serial killer-serial killer. I thought the scene with him breaking the news to the kids while wearing the Mickey ears was brilliant. Nobody would do that.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 07:21 PM 09-29-2010
I thought it was a very good way to start the season, especially since the showrunners of the last few seasons left.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:12 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan:
The thing is you have to remember that Dexter is one sick ****.
If only the show still had Doakes to remind us of that every episode. The supporting cast isn't much without him (when they don't have stars like Smits, Carradine, and Lithgow anyway).
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:48 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan:
The thing is you have to remember that Dexter is one sick fuck. He's not like normal people. I'm glad the writers are trying to steer him away from just being a normal guy who happens to moonlight as a serial killer-serial killer. I thought the scene with him breaking the news to the kids while wearing the Mickey ears was brilliant. Nobody would do that.
They need to show that side of him more, IMO. He's too likable. More dark side, less family man. Dexter should be frightening on some level.
[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 01:58 PM 10-04-2010
I got around to watching to first 2 episodes. While it's off to a slow start, I still think it will develop into something good. It looks like this seasons villian is going to be the weird dude that picks up dead animals off the road. He doesn't look like much and doesn't seem very smart, so you would think that someone as skilled as Dexter would have no problem. But we'll see, maybe he's not the villian. It could be Quinn too. I can't wait to see.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 02:09 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool:
I got around to watching to first 2 episodes. While it's off to a slow start, I still think it will develop into something good. It looks like this seasons villian is going to be the weird dude that picks up dead animals off the road. He doesn't look like much and doesn't seem very smart, so you would think that someone as skilled as Dexter would have no problem. But we'll see, maybe he's not the villian. It could be Quinn too. I can't wait to see.
I liked the second episode a whole lot better than the first. It was pretty moving when the ghost of Dexter's dad said "Those kids aren't just your responsibility. They're your salvation".

There's no way the guy who picks up dead animals will be this season's Big Bad. He's a minor character who will undoubtedly wind up on Dexter's slab next week.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:15 PM 10-04-2010
I'd bet Quinn goes on the slab before the season is over, every guy Deb fucks gets whacked.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 03:34 PM 10-04-2010
Dead animal guy is cannon fodder. He'll be gone by next episode if only to let us all know that Dexter is back to his old ways. Thank Christ that Astor and Cody have gone off elsewhere (specifically Astor). The moodiness and attitude was already getting on my nerves.

The only major villain I can see is Quinn. Consider him a lesser version of Doakes....a "Diet Doakes", if you will. :-)

Personally, based off just two episodes, here's my big plot twist prediction:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 03:49 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
Dead animal guy is cannon fodder. He'll be gone by next episode if only to let us all know that Dexter is back to his old ways. Thank Christ that Astor and Cody have gone off elsewhere (specifically Astor). The moodiness and attitude was already getting on my nerves.

The only major villain I can see is Quinn. Consider him a lesser version of Doakes....a "Diet Doakes", if you will. :-)

Personally, based off just two episodes, here's my big plot twist prediction:
Spoiler!
oh yeah, I think your spoiler prediction is right on the money.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:36 PM 10-04-2010
I don't think there is going to be a "big bad" this season.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:30 PM 10-04-2010
Glad the kids went w/ their grandparents. It would have been impossible for Dexter to continue his lifestyle with them.

And Quinn needs to lay off the coke. Dude looks like he's fucking dying of AIDS.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:57 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
And Quinn needs to lay off the coke. Dude looks like he's ****ing dying of AIDS.
hahaha that's what me and my friends were thinking
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:28 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by PGM:
I don't think there is going to be a "big bad" this season.
Maybe not, since there's no major guest star this season. I just hope Quinn isn't Doakes Redux. That wouldn't be very original.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 10:25 AM 10-05-2010
I know I'm way behind the curve. But I just wanted the first 6 episodes of Season One last night.

Not half bad. Episodes 5 and 6 are maybe some of my favorite episodes of television. Like, ever. Just great, great stuff.
[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 11:30 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I know I'm way behind the curve. But I just wanted the first 6 episodes of Season One last night.

Not half bad. Episodes 5 and 6 are maybe some of my favorite episodes of television. Like, ever. Just great, great stuff.
wait until you get to season 2! But season 4 was the best one.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 57
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up