ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Used car market
TLO 12:28 PM 10-15-2021
I've been thinking about getting myself a new ride. Right now I could sell my Charger for right at, if not slightly below what I paid for it nearly 4 years ago. (Might not get quite that much out of it, but it would be in the ballpark, and yes, it's a unicorn)

Of course if I sell, I'm delving into that inflated used car market to try and find another ride.

Looking for something with a reasonable amount of power. 4 doors (preferably, but not a deal breaker.) No Yukons.

Give me some suggestions.
[Reply]
HayWire 04:46 PM 10-16-2021
Call xfactor. He's a car salesman and has some extra time on his hands. I'm sure he can hook you up and take a picture with you too.
[Reply]
Eureka 04:57 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Nothing makes girls panties drop faster than a mid 90s V6 Camaro.
I accidently mentioned in front of my buddies girl that his pimped out 2012 Camaro was a panty dropper. I didn't realize she was listening and then she asked me what that meant.

I think she didn't like him owning that car after that lol.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:29 AM 01-19-2023
Random thread bump, but I thought this one was the best place to ask my question.

Anyone on here ever used Carvana? Curious about your thoughts, dealings with them after the fact, etc.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:47 AM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Random thread bump, but I thought this one was the best place to ask my question.

Anyone on here ever used Carvana? Curious about your thoughts, dealings with them after the fact, etc.
I've never actually used them, but my experience is their quotes on trade-ins are awfully low (confirmed by trading in multiple vehicles elsewhere for significantly more), and there are a lot of bad stories out there that seem to go beyond the typical people complaining on the internet.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:56 AM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've never actually used them, but my experience is their quotes on trade-ins are awfully low (confirmed by trading in multiple vehicles elsewhere for significantly more), and there are a lot of bad stories out there that seem to go beyond the typical people complaining on the internet.
I've heard some of those same things. Just was curious if we had any CP-member experiences with them.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:02 AM 01-19-2023

I sold my car to them, for quite a lot more than was offered by other dealers, and about what I expected to be able to sell it for if I listed on Craigslist. It was pretty quick and easy, you sign a power of attorney for the car rather than signing over the title. The guy spent about 15 seconds looking at the car and then loaded it up and drove away, the money was deposited the next day or so.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:43 AM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I sold my car to them, for quite a lot more than was offered by other dealers, and about what I expected to be able to sell it for if I listed on Craigslist. It was pretty quick and easy, you sign a power of attorney for the car rather than signing over the title. The guy spent about 15 seconds looking at the car and then loaded it up and drove away, the money was deposited the next day or so.
they're losing all the money they got from investors. When it first came around they were spending a ton of money buying cars.
[Reply]
scho63 01:03 PM 01-19-2023

When I spent 3-4 months looking for a car to buy, bought one in late November, I checked many of the online retailers. Carvana and Car Max both seemed 10-15% or more higher on every car I checked. Never saw a good deal. A car valued at 19K everywhere else would be priced at 22K. A 25K car would be around 28.5-29K. Carvana was a little higher than Car Max.

I personally don't think they are good value. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:15 PM 01-19-2023
Also heard Carvana is financially unstable. What ever that means for business.
They seem like a car broker more than sales. Buy low, sell high.
[Reply]
kepp 02:23 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Yep, and with the way the used car market has been the last couple of years, they're going to be hurting for a while as the market calms down. They'll likely be taking some big losses.
[Reply]
backinblack 02:35 PM 01-19-2023
Yeah the scuttlebutt going around car circles is Carvana won't be around much longer, and I have heard they are really bad with titles. They sell cars without titles, they won't hand over titles when cars are paid off, they don't forward titles to lean holders etc. As you can imagine this has led to Carvana being the subject of numerous lawsuits, and some states apparently have tried to bar them from selling cars in their state.
[Reply]
notorious 02:39 PM 01-19-2023
The auction inventory is massively over stocked. Banks are trying to move cars at their book value instead of wholesale, so it's piling up.

When banks decide to eat the huge loss and sell at wholesale, you will see the auction cars start to funnel back to the lots.

Used care prices are about to take a dip. Some dude tried to tell me otherwise on here last year yet here we are.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:05 PM 01-19-2023
My son bought car from Carvana, thankfully it went well and he received the title. I have no idea what kind a deal he got on it, but is was back in the used car crisis and I doubt there were any good deals on anything. The only problem is came from an area that didn't see snow, so he had to buy all weather tires for it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:16 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Carvana is going to go tits up.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up